By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do I really want to get into Zelda?

Do I really want to get into Zelda?

Yea. 187 81.66%

Nay. 9 3.93%

Forget the game. Go with ... 23 10.04%

Go gay. Link is good with a sword. 10 4.37%

Total:229

Yes, you read that thread subject correctly. "Do I really want to get into Zelda?"  Why?  I've always loved Nintendo, and Mario and Samus are tops.  Nothing is going to change that.  But I never got into the Zelda franchise.  When I was a kid, I watched friends played the original Zelda on the NES.  I've play some of the Super Nintendo version in the early 90's.  But that's the extent of it.  I played Willow (based on the movie) for the NES back in college.  A friend of mine who was a huge Zelda fan at the time told me that Willow reminded him a lot of Zelda which I really enjoyed Willow.  So should I jump in or not?  I have my SuperNES, my Gamecube compatible Wii, and my DSiXL so I have the capability of experiencing past titles.  And ironicly that's part of my fear of having to go back so far to experience the past Zelda legacy.  It's just the way I usually am.

Around the Network

Yes.

too much Mario, too much Zelda, too much pokemon...

this kind of thread makes me cum... keep it coming :)

Yes, but start with Ocarina (or LTTP if you prefer 2D games in general).

Yes, without a doubt.

In my opinion it's the best video game franchise ever created.

Around the Network

I never got into Zelda either. I guess it's a good time to be though, being a 3DS owner now. Maybe the old DS Zelda's are cheap now

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Yes .

But you shouldn't ask me because I'm biased. Anyone should start on either A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time. Depends on whether you expect to like 2D or 3D more. Those two are anyway the most accessible ones and the easiest to like. They also establish the most important story elements for the series.

That poll...
But yes, definitely. It's not my favorite series, but that doesn't mean it isn't extremely well-done, either. I've yet to play a Zelda title I haven't enjoyed.

Hmm

Soleron said:
Yes, but start with Ocarina (or LTTP if you prefer 2D games in general).

Agreed right here.

Ocarina really sets the 3D bar (Majara's Mask must immediately be followed) whereas ALTTP is the perfect non-3D entry (haven't played A Link Between World yet).

The rEVOLution is not being televised

It's definitely worth getting into, might be fun to play them in chronological order, for as much as that's possible. If you can, you should give all of them a try. While the opinions may vary across the different entries, I don't think any of the games can actually be considered bad.