By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create, Famitsu & Dengeki Week 50 ( Dec. 9 - Dec. 15 ) that holiday bump!!

Kresnik said:

Wii Party U & New Super Mario Bros U are bundled as digital vouchers with Wii-U's in Japan at the moment.  Famitsu counts these; Media Create doesn't.

Hence why I keep kicking up a stink on the forums about VGC's interpretation of these numbers.  We take the average of the two figures but this is completely rubbish since it neither represents pure physical sales (which is what VGC is supposed to track) nor physical + digital (as it's missing out on a load of the vouchers by taking the average).

As you can see, I'M STILL MAD!

Calm yo self.

I was thinking that one of them tracked vouchers, but I couldn't remember which. And VGC needs to sort out a list of things. This is one.

Around the Network

Really impressive from Puzzle and Dragons Z.. despite the millions of Japanese already playing it on mobile..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

C-M-D said:
Wow, Luigi's Mansion 2 might actually reach over a million units sold.

I'll concede that I completely underestimated that game. Hats off to Nintendo for making the right call. That time. >_>

Japan is the handheld place, yet Wii U outsells everything except 3DS LL...

manuel said:
C-M-D said:

In the Japanese Nintendo Direct Iwata confirmed that it already sold over 1 million.

Oh he did? Congrats to Luigi, then!

Around the Network
Kongfucius said:
outlawauron said:
Wii U is doing super well. I guess people decided to hold off until holidays to buy one.

Also, no one should be surprised at Puzzles and Dragon's. I was expecting much closer to 7 figures FW.

I don't think GungHo will complain, especially as I doubt it was expensive to make and is probably going to leg its way out to some very tasty LTD numbers

I don't think they'll complain as they're going to make a lot of money off of it. They'll just make more money off the mobile version in a month than this will pull in lifetime. It's doing ~$3-4 million/ day. That's how huge PAD is right now.

Edit: it's doing better than other mobile to handheld ports, but this is definitely not a port.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

noname2200 said:
C-M-D said:

I'll concede that I completely underestimated that game. Hats off to Nintendo for making the right call. That time. >_>

I think we all did. Well, except for maybe Tbone. :P

C-M-D said:
noname2200 said:
C-M-D said:

lol, this is like the 4th comment i read this past month like that. Was i the only one who believed it do good? Anyway it should be over 3.2mil now i think at vgc we have it at around 2.95mil! Definetly great, lets hope this has good legs like the other mario titles

tbone51 said:
C-M-D said:
noname2200 said:
C-M-D said:

lol, this is like the 4th comment i read this past month like that. Was i the only one who believed it do good? Anyway it should be over 3.2mil now i think at vgc we have it at around 2.95mil! Definetly great, lets hope this has good legs like the other mario titles

I thought it would do well, but not this well.  I would have guessed 1.7 million to 2 million by now.  Glad it's doing better than that though. 

Kind of confused why only Nintendo hardware got a holiday boost.  Would have expected the Vita to jump a bit as well.  Kind of concerning that it didn't. 

JWeinCom said:

I thought it would do well, but not this well.  I would have guessed 1.7 million to 2 million by now.  Glad it's doing better than that though. 

Kind of confused why only Nintendo hardware got a holiday boost.  Would have expected the Vita to jump a bit as well.  Kind of concerning that it didn't. 

Marketing, Nintendo finally decided to tell people they released a new console.