By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Diablo 3 on consoles a flop or mega flop?

Tagged games:

???

Its a hit! 67 50.00%

Flop! 42 31.34%

Mega Flop! 24 17.91%

Total:133
J_Allard said:
I've wanted to pick it up but the price has not dropped and the PC version was so bad.

Better wait for the X1/PS4 version. Has more content and of course better visuals.

Around the Network

eh really late port. Don't think you could expect much more. They will still end the year with almost 700k+ sales and lifetime might still be 1m each, so they were surely worth it.
Also there's still the upcoming PS4 and (possible/likely) Xbox One versions.

It never was going to sell like it would on PC, but it sold alright considering that. I'm not sure if i want to play it though

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I'd go with Mega Flop cuz we all know Mega evolutions are better.

J_Allard said:
I've wanted to pick it up but the price has not dropped and the PC version was so bad.

Same here. Really interested in playing some local co-op but the asking price is still too high.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

On Xbox 360 it sold 0.57 million.

On PS3 it sold 0.58 million.

We can't say it wasn't marketed properly, I saw TV ads running constantly. Popular websites were plastered with ads.

Sony was really pushing this game as well, but it didn't seem to give much of a sales edge.

So flop or mega flop!?

I am disappointed by this because I actually bought this game for $60 and enjoyed playing local co-op with friends. But sales like this will obviously discourage Blizzard and other companies from working on consoles.

Diablo 3 for consoles is amazing. And I thinkBlizzard is hardly dismayed by sales, what with them releasing "Reaper of Souls" for the PS4.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Don't know, because it had a heavy push in digital, so we can have a lot of untracked sales. Besides that, the graphics part is something that doesn't help in marketing, the game visuals are terrible. Not saying that it is related to gameplay quality, but it surelly doesn't looks good on TV, videos, etc.

KylieDog said:

Certain about what part?  The PS3/360 will not be getting the expansions is confirmed.  PS4 having one included and getting further ones is confirmed.

You mean if Xbone getting a port?  Currently official word is no.

Anyway, I expect the next gen version is cutting into sales, seen a lot of people say they either waiting for next gen or at most will buy this gen when it hits bargain bin, then buy on next gen at some point.

It was confirmed the PS360 aren't getting the expansion? I can't find that confirmation.

Much like before Diablo 3 was released on consoles, Blizzard only discussed what Sony wanted them to. They aren't confirming or denying other ports.

I'm reluctant to believe Diablo 3 sales were cut by PS4 and X1.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

They did a good job with the port actually. Also, there were reports of it actually playing better on consoles. If it launched on the same day as PC, sales would have been much better. Not higher then PC of course but definitely would have done better.

Mr Puggsly said:
HesAPooka said:
what did it sell on ps4/one?

I doubt the masses are wating for the 8th gen ports.

People are well aware the PS4 Version comes with the Addon.
Most people who wanted to play Diablo 3 played it on PC nearly 2 years ago and were completely underwhelmed.
You just neeeded to type in "Diablo 3" in google and the first results were "Diablo 3 is crap" - There was nothing to look forward to even though the console version seeems to be at some points better.

I can imagine the PS4 Version will sell better.
God i hope Reaper of Souls brings a lot of things to make Diablo enjoyable...Even now the Beta seems a waste of time cause you could be OP 2 days after you start playing and there is no reason to do anyway cause there is no damn Ladder or anything.