By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Diablo 3 on consoles a flop or mega flop?

Tagged games:

???

Its a hit! 67 50.00%

Flop! 42 31.34%

Mega Flop! 24 17.91%

Total:133

Didn't get it on the PS3 when the PS4 version looks better and has more content.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Mr Puggsly said:
KylieDog said:

Why? The PS4 version will be getting the expansion (included) and future support, the PS3/360 version will not get the expansion at all, or any support.

Are we certain about that? Blizzard/Activision might have a deal with Sony to only talk about the PS4 version.

We weren't even certain the 360 was getting a port of Diablo 3 early on, they only announced it for PS3 and PS4.

Certain about what part?  The PS3/360 will not be getting the expansions is confirmed.  PS4 having one included and getting further ones is confirmed.

You mean if Xbone getting a port?  Currently official word is no.

Anyway, I expect the next gen version is cutting into sales, seen a lot of people say they either waiting for next gen or at most will buy this gen when it hits bargain bin, then buy on next gen at some point.

There is no reason a XOne version woudn´t be made.

Really late port of a VERY PC centric title sold over a Million. Nothing to turn your nose up at.

I would need to know how much it cost to port it to consoles and how much they have made so far off the ports. lolies

I have just been waiting for the PS4 version. There isnt any kind of upgrade promotion to upgrade the ps3 to ps4 for $10 so I have been waiting.

Around the Network

I was excited about this game up until launch when I realized I had to download yet another client (already have Steam and Origin) to play the game. I protested against it and never looked back.

Pemalite said:
Well. Considering that it is going to be available on 4 different platforms with combined sales that doesn't even touch half the PC's sales... I would say it is a flop on consoles if you look at it from an overall perspective.

However financially it wouldn't have been a flop.
All the work was already done for just the PC version to make it easily translatable to the console platforms when it was in development, including dumbed down gameplay and poor graphics.
I.E. Limited customization of characters, automatic health pick-ups, environments no longer randomized. - Not to mention the lack of Eyefinity support or Direct X 11 effects. (Don't get me started on the brighter and more colourful world either.)

Yeah... You can't seriously attribute the gameplay and graphics to a console version of the game considering:

a) the game plays differently on PC and consoles, there is even an extra move on the consoles;

b) this is Blizzard. Must I really remind you that Diablo 2 was sporting a massive resolution of 640x480 and 65k colours? Both these numbers were laughable at the time of its release. That's just how Blizzard rolls, they want their games to be playable on as many PCs as possible, it has nothing to do with consoles.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Played the game on pc, it was absolute shit. Diablo 3 was a huge disappointment and the console release is just blizzards way of expanding into a market that doesn't expect much from them. Sales are ok, the game was never going to to well considering it's terrible quality.

an old pc port with 10years of zero-console history sold more than 1 mio and you call it a flop

lol

I've wanted to pick it up but the price has not dropped and the PC version was so bad.