By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Diablo 3 on consoles a flop or mega flop?

Tagged games:

???

Its a hit! 67 50.00%

Flop! 42 31.34%

Mega Flop! 24 17.91%

Total:133

I dunno about everyone else but I held off buying it because I was waiting for the PS4 version. Also the game is kinda hated by old Diablo fans

Around the Network

I would say >500K on each console is a good result (without counting digital sales). Considering Diablo is a PC franchise and its console release was over a year after PC release, selling over 1 million on consoles has to be pleasing to Blizzard. Or if it isn't pleasing to Blizzard they set their expectations too high.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

No matter how many copies sold on PC or consoles nothing change the fact that it's garbage for a game that want to be called Diablo, in fact it's sacrilege to even call it that way, sacrilege for the original Diablo creators of Blizzard North & for the hardcore Diablo fans that grew up playing the 2 original Diablo games.

The only reason that sell so good was that the Blizzard of now took advantage of the popularity of the name & although the game was trash made mostly for WoW casual noobs most ppl didn't know that, they simply trust Blizz & Blizz betray their trust, it's the same thing with FFXIII that game also sold very good at least the first part but what happen with the 2 sequels? both flop so companies who expect to make fools of fans again & again they must be aware of that, they won't see those sales again this was the last time from now on they must do something very exceptional to draw back all the fans who lost their trust on them.

I'm actually surprised it sold a million on consoles to be honest.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

1m+ on a port of a game already widely available on the PC with crappy graphics and a bad reception sold at full pric e.
No, that wasnt a flop, it was a miracle.
The game isnt worth 60. Im waiting for the price to drop to the 15 range before i will bother.

Around the Network

So how exactly can a console port of a PC game that's over a year old be considered a flop? Was anyone really expecting this game to do serious sales on either console?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Will be getting it on PS4 when it is released, thinking by the responses I have read a fair number of other people are as well.

KylieDog said:

Why? The PS4 version will be getting the expansion (included) and future support, the PS3/360 version will not get the expansion at all, or any support.

Are we certain about that? Blizzard/Activision might have a deal with Sony to only talk about the PS4 version.

We weren't even certain the 360 was getting a port of Diablo 3 early on, they only announced it for PS3 and PS4.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Over 10 million gamer had already bought the PC version before the console version launched. Its a 2 year late port that manage to sell half a million in less than 6 month per console, its not great but I don't think blizzard view this as a flop, but rather a successful test-bed for future iteration of Diablo being available to console as well as PC in a similar time-frame. I am expecting Reaper of Souls on the PS4 a lot closer to the release date of the PC iteration, and I am seeing it selling a lot more because of the closer release date and positive word of mouth from PS3, 360 owners of Diablo 3.

won't call it a flop. With all the negative responses on the pc version i'm surprised that it sold a million copies.

Anyway i liked the game and i i will probably buy the next expension on ps4..