By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Diablo 3 on consoles a flop or mega flop?

Tagged games:

???

Its a hit! 67 50.00%

Flop! 42 31.34%

Mega Flop! 24 17.91%

Total:133

The game has been out for nearly 2 years on PC...all of the hardcore Diablo Fan already bought it on PC.

Selling nearly 600k on each console isn't bad for a game that had already been released. For all intents and purposes, that 1.1 million sales is a great success to add to the already 10+million it sold on PC.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network

Good sales and I think they are undertracked here.

Sold better then I expected, considering it was a largely criticized game.

I'd get it day 1 on Vita. On the other hand, there's no way I'm getting the PS3 version, as the expansion isn't coming to it. I'm sure I'm gonna pick up PS4 version down the line when I buy my console (in a year or so).

Not really a flop, but nothing to be proud of either. Decent for such an old game.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

It's still flapping...

Maybe it has wings... or legs.

Around the Network

Well. Considering that it is going to be available on 4 different platforms with combined sales that doesn't even touch half the PC's sales... I would say it is a flop on consoles if you look at it from an overall perspective.

However financially it wouldn't have been a flop.
All the work was already done for just the PC version to make it easily translatable to the console platforms when it was in development, including dumbed down gameplay and poor graphics.
I.E. Limited customization of characters, automatic health pick-ups, environments no longer randomized. - Not to mention the lack of Eyefinity support or Direct X 11 effects. (Don't get me started on the brighter and more colourful world either.)

Despite that, Blizzard still raked in the cash.
On the bright-side I did make enough money in the Auction house to pay for the game and have a few hundred bucks extra on the side to buy a Logitech G19 Keyboard and a Saitek Cyborg RAT 9 mouse, so it was worth it in the end. :)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I wouldn't call that a flop for a game that has its fanbase mainly on PC. Me and my brother plan on getting it for PS4.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

i'm going to get it on the PS4 as i got plenty old stuff to get on with at the mo but i'm definitely interested,thought it was coming in feb or something

Above & Beyond

Those are pretty solid figures, as far as I'm concerned. While the console version would definitely appeal to some, it's not a clearly definitive version. It has some decent console-exclusive features, but there were some compromises to get it onto those systems.

Under the circumstances, over a million combined sales on console is not bad at all.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

I didn't see a single TV ad here. or I just don't remember...
Considering it's a PC game ported over to consoles I wouldn't say selling over 1million copies is a flop. I think it's pretty decent and Blizzard made some money of it.

Personally I'm waiting for the next gen port.