By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza 5 vs GT6 sales first week. Interesting.

Tagged games:

enditall727 said:
man-bear-pig said:
It always amuses me when people go on about how GT is the premiere racing franchise and how it will always sell more than Forza etc....when in fact I don't think that's the case at all. Racing fans who buy these games are 99% casuals and have the loyalties of a cat as far as I'm concerned. Past success of Forza and GT is because of marketing and bundling etc., not because there's alot of Forza/GT fanboys out there.. Also, GT in the past was riding on the success of its PS1/PS2 iterations because of the huge install base but the franchise is undoubtedly gonna experience huge declines from here on out and people are gonna need to prepare themselves... *looks at ethomaz*

ooooohhhh boy!

THIS THREAD IS GOING TO BE GOOD!

I can't wait to bump this bad boy back up later on... if it goes the way i think it possibly might

The 2nd GT of a generation ALWAYS sells less than its predeccessor. GT6 is in an even worse situation because it released AFTER the next main Home Console hit the market.

The next iteration(GT7) ALWAYS explodes over the last one(GT6) when it comes to sales. There will definitely be no exception with the PS4

Don't do it to yourselfs, guys. You're playing with fire

We'll see...

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:

I was including the first 7 days.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/72222/forza-motorsport-5/Global/

So you take the first 5 days (NA), 3 days (JP) and 2 days (EU) for Forza 4 and compare it to the first 7 days of Forza 5, which conveniently include Black Friday as well? Well that's only a bit misleading.

DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:

So you take the first 4 days (NA), 2 days (JP) and 1 day (EU) for Forza 4 and compare it to the first 7 days of Forza 5, which conveniently include Black Friday as well? Well that's only a bit misleading.

I see your point. Actually. Even so. Forza 4 was available in triple the amount of countries. So Forza 5 is definately massively up on Forza 4 at this point. Lets hope the Forza 5 continues to draw in sales. It deserves it. It is so much better in physics than previous gen. Forget the content fiasco. It plays WAAAYY better. Its clearly using many more calculations than last gen was ever capable of.

man-bear-pig said:
enditall727 said:
man-bear-pig said:
It always amuses me when people go on about how GT is the premiere racing franchise and how it will always sell more than Forza etc....when in fact I don't think that's the case at all. Racing fans who buy these games are 99% casuals and have the loyalties of a cat as far as I'm concerned. Past success of Forza and GT is because of marketing and bundling etc., not because there's alot of Forza/GT fanboys out there.. Also, GT in the past was riding on the success of its PS1/PS2 iterations because of the huge install base but the franchise is undoubtedly gonna experience huge declines from here on out and people are gonna need to prepare themselves... *looks at ethomaz*

ooooohhhh boy!

THIS THREAD IS GOING TO BE GOOD!

I can't wait to bump this bad boy back up later on... if it goes the way i think it possibly might

The 2nd GT of a generation ALWAYS sells less than its predeccessor. GT6 is in an even worse situation because it released AFTER the next main Home Console hit the market.

The next iteration(GT7) ALWAYS explodes over the last one(GT6) when it comes to sales. There will definitely be no exception with the PS4

Don't do it to yourselfs, guys. You're playing with fire

We'll see...

yes.. yes we will

..and hard

You can't even do a proper Forza comparison between games lol

2 weeks for Forza 5 vs Some days for Forza 4 lol

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

with all da forza5 pictures in his sig a 100% unbiased thread is not very probable.

Forza will never take any sognificant amount of people away from GT. Also, I think a lot of people that bought Forza 5 won't be back for Forza 6.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:

So you take the first 5 days (NA), 3 days (JP) and 2 days (EU) for Forza 4 and compare it to the first 7 days of Forza 5, which conveniently include Black Friday as well? Well that's only a bit misleading.

Considering Forza has been released on a console with only a userbase of 2 mill vs 80mill PS3, it seems fair enough.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

ethomaz said:

Chill bill.

Already been dealt with. Im at work so will update op soon.

Either way. Forza 5 was released in 13 countries. Forza 4 in over 40. Safe to say Forza 5 smashed the absolute crap out of Forza 4. Smashed it. In fact at this rate Forza 5 13 countries will overtake Forza 4 with over 40 countries by week 3 in like for like. For some reason Forza 5 has alot more people interested. Apart from looking photorealstic alot of the time, the games physics and feel completely destroys last gen by a country mile. Had the oppurtunity to play Forza 5 2 days ago with a FF wheel. Wow is all I can say. Completely kills Forza 4. So much more feedback with the extra processing going on over last gen. Turn 10 wasnt joking when they said they were doing alot more calculations that just wasnt remotely possible on last gen consoles. Controller with triggers feedback is amazing and feels alot better than last gen. But with a wheel this game desrves 11/10 in comparison to last gen. Its so good.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:

Considering Forza has been released on a console with only a userbase of 2 mill vs 80mill PS3, it seems fair enough.

I'm comparing Forza 5 to Forza 4 here, so if we go by release we have userbases of 1.1mil vs 56.6mil with first week sales of 423k vs 515k.

Just as a fun little thing let's make a Killzone SF vs Killzone 3 first week comparison: If we take the NA and European launch together we have an install base of about 1.7mil vs 48.5mil with first week sales of 625k vs 598k. Never underestimate a launch when it comes to first week sales.