By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza 5 vs GT6 sales first week. Interesting.

Tagged games:

I have always been a big fan of both series but with forza 4, forza became the better game. GT5 was very mediocre.

Around the Network

It'll be interesting to see how the sales pan out over time to say the least.

FM5 is essentially riding on the coattails of the XB1 launch, although to be fair, FM5 could be considered by fans of the franchise as the reason to buy an XB1 today rather than wait.

FM5 has one of the better attach rates (best? someone check; I'm lazy.) and with 100% sell through on consoles, that's going to translate into excellent sales.

GT6 on the other hand, is being released on a platform whose thunder has been completely stolen by its successor in the PS4. I seriously doubt any significant number of individuals bought a PS3 for GT6, although considering one could have picked one up for $149 on Black Friday, that's an extremely cheap ticket for driving sim fans who, for whatever bizarre reason, didn't have a 7th gen console.

Over time, FM5 attach rates will drop once XB1 players have more options, but as it currently stands, it's arguably the best exclusive on the platform and as good as any a reason to buy an XB1.

GT6 sales will either stay evergreen, even on a waning platform, or this will signal a turning point for the franchise that may or may not alter once the franchise debuts on the PS4.

It would have been a more interesting comparison had GT6 been released on the PS4 instead.

The install base alone on PS3 will ensure a lot more sales of GT6 going forward...

There are 2 million X1's in the wild... About a third of those gamers have Forza 5...

There are 80+ million PS3's in the wild... Only about 0.8% of those gamers have GT6...

From a raw sales perspective I have no doubt that Sony fanboy loyalty to GT6 will mean more GT6 sales going forward.

From a percentage of console install base purchasing the product GT6 won't ever come close to Forza 5...

Both will sell fine over time... And both will be seen as successful over time...

Sure lets jump on the first week sales like we jumped on metacritic scores before they stabilised. Thats smart.

So GT6 in Japan alone did half what F5 did in 13 main xbox markets, and some of you want to champion Forza5

And that's not counting DIGITAL sales. Some might want to remember main land Europe is Sony land, and how well Sony games and GT especially do there.

Some peeps be ichin for a beat down.

Around the Network

This thread seems kinda pointless now that we know that Xbox One software is overtracked by over 500k (and that is a conservative guess) in the US only, Forza 5 numbers are definitely lower.