By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza 5 vs GT6 sales first week. Interesting.

Tagged games:

pezus said:
selnor1983 said:
ethomaz said:
You can't even do a proper Forza comparison between games lol

2 weeks for Forza 5 vs Some days for Forza 4 lol

Chill bill.

Already been dealt with. Im at work so will update op soon.

Either way. Forza 5 was released in 13 countries. Forza 4 in over 40. Safe to say Forza 5 smashed the absolute crap out of Forza 4. Smashed it. In fact at this rate Forza 5 13 countries will overtake Forza 4 with over 40 countries by week 3 in like for like. For some reason Forza 5 has alot more people interested. Apart from looking photorealstic alot of the time, the games physics and feel completely destroys last gen by a country mile. Had the oppurtunity to play Forza 5 2 days ago with a FF wheel. Wow is all I can say. Completely kills Forza 4. So much more feedback with the extra processing going on over last gen. Turn 10 wasnt joking when they said they were doing alot more calculations that just wasnt remotely possible on last gen consoles. Controller with triggers feedback is amazing and feels alot better than last gen. But with a wheel this game desrves 11/10 in comparison to last gen. Its so good.

Not all countries are equal. Most of those 27 remaining countries are very small markets, and they probably represent ~10-15% of 360 sales.

No way to know. The fact that Forza 5 is seeing such a big increase in its opening week in the 13 countries in respect to Forza 4 same countries, its only plausible to assume their may be an increase in the other 27 countries also. It could definately of gotten close to 1 mill first week if it released in 40 + countries. Easily plausible. EU loves racing. And ABSOLUTELY LOVES F1. The F1 physics in Forza 5 are the best Ive ever used. Codemasters should let Turn 10 do their games. LOL. My fave F1 beofre FM5 was Grand Prix 4 on PC. But FM5 is something else. Especially with a wheel. Shame no reviews reviewed with the wheel. It wasnt available then. But I was lucky enough to try it 2 days ago with Thrustmaster. Oh My God. Destroys last gen physics like they are a fly in a pile of Elephant crap.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:

I was including the first 7 days.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/72222/forza-motorsport-5/Global/

So you take the first 5 days (NA), 3 days (JP) and 2 days (EU) for Forza 4 and compare it to the first 7 days of Forza 5, which conveniently include Black Friday as well? Well that's only a bit misleading.

Considering Forza has been released on a console with only a userbase of 2 mill vs 80mill PS3, it seems fair enough.

And GT5 sold almost 11m on something like 40-50m PS3s compared to 12m for GT4 on 100m PS2s. Was still called directly compared.

There isn't a direct comparison between userbase and sales of established franchises.

Nope, GT 5 sold 5.38 mill with 45mill PS3 sold, 7.3 with 61 mill, 9.7 with 73 mill and 10.6 with 80 mill. So yes, userbase obviously is a factor

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7678/gran-turismo-5/Global/

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Forza 5 was arguably the only semi-quality exclusive that the Xbone had at launch. It was boosted by the fact that it was a new hardware release.

GT6 was a dead-gen release, and it will still do close to a 1 million opening.

At the end of the day GT6 will still outsell F5 by at least 2:1, and the dev budget was probably 1/3 of Turn 10-s game.

Take whatever you want out from this. One thing is a fact: GT7 will alone outsell every FM released in the 8th gen

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

selnor1983 said:

No way to know. The fact that Forza 5 is seeing such a big increase in its opening week in the 13 countries in respect to Forza 4 same countries, its only plausible to assume their may be an increase in the other 27 countries also. It could definately of gotten close to 1 mill first week if it released in 40 + countries. Easily plausible. EU loves racing. And ABSOLUTELY LOVES F1. The F1 physics in Forza 5 are the best Ive ever used. Codemasters should let Turn 10 do their games. LOL. My fave F1 beofre FM5 was Grand Prix 4 on PC. But FM5 is something else. Especially with a wheel. Shame no reviews reviewed with the wheel. It wasnt available then. But I was lucky enough to try it 2 days ago with Thrustmaster. Oh My God. Destroys last gen physics like they are a fly in a pile of Elephant crap.

Dude, can you stop interpreting anything into those numbers please? It's the console launch effect, nothing more. Also 1 million if it launched in 40 countries is not plausible, cause MS would have had to allocate the consoles they had at launch to more countries, which would only have changed the distribution of the console sales and not the overall first week sales thus probably not changing the first week of software sales much either.

selnor1983 said:
DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:

So you take the first 4 days (NA), 2 days (JP) and 1 day (EU) for Forza 4 and compare it to the first 7 days of Forza 5, which conveniently include Black Friday as well? Well that's only a bit misleading.

I see your point. Actually. Even so. Forza 4 was available in triple the amount of countries. So Forza 5 is definately massively up on Forza 4 at this point. Lets hope the Forza 5 continues to draw in sales. It deserves it. It is so much better in physics than previous gen. Forget the content fiasco. It plays WAAAYY better. Its clearly using many more calculations than last gen was ever capable of.

Why? Because you say so?

Thats totally rubbish. T10 rushed the game because they needed an exclusive franchise out the gate. Give it 1 more year and it could have been something special.

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
Forza 5 was arguably the only semi-quality exclusive that the Xbone had at launch. It was boosted by the fact that it was a new hardware release.

At the end of the day GT6 will still outsell F5 by at least 2:1, and the dev budget was probably 1/3 of Turn 10-s game.

Take whatever you want out from this. One thing is a fact: GT7 will alone outsell every FM released in the 8th gen

Combined?

DerNebel said:
hunter_alien said:

Combined?

Well except if heavy bundling occurs, yes it will.

GT5 almost did it alone of Sonys worst attempt at the console market ( PS3) versus MSs best (X360). So I dont see why it shouldent do it this gen.

MS lost Europe entirely and the US will be far more PS centric this gen. The sales of Forza in Europe will be absymal while in the US they will do OK numbers at best.

pezus said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
pezus said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:

So you take the first 5 days (NA), 3 days (JP) and 2 days (EU) for Forza 4 and compare it to the first 7 days of Forza 5, which conveniently include Black Friday as well? Well that's only a bit misleading.

Considering Forza has been released on a console with only a userbase of 2 mill vs 80mill PS3, it seems fair enough.

And GT5 sold almost 11m on something like 40-50m PS3s compared to 12m for GT4 on 100m PS2s. Was still called directly compared.

There isn't a direct comparison between userbase and sales of established franchises.

Nope, GT 5 sold 5.38 mill with 45mill PS3 sold, 7.3 with 61 mill, 9.7 with 73 mill and 10.6 with 80 mill. So yes, userbase obviously is a factor

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7678/gran-turismo-5/Global/

??

That's not how it works.

GT5 sold 2.5m with just over 40m PS3s sold in a week, while GT4 sold a similar amount on upwards of 100m consoles.

Yes, and you claimed it sold 11 Million on 45 million consoles (which you were clearly wrong). I was simply correcting you. As for GT 4, I cannot seem to find first week sales for N.A and EU, however, Japan had a higher launch for GT4 than GT5  (673,884 vs 424,737) 

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/887/gran-turismo-4/Japan/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7678/gran-turismo-5/Japan/

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

pezus said:
selnor1983 said:

??

But it didn't see an increase.

It dropped by ~100k so there is indeed "no way to know", yet you keep saying it's an increase.

For fuck's sake, don't say "no way to know" and then say it "could definately of gotten close to 1 mill first week if it released in 40+ countries. Easily plausable."

I've tried Forza 5 quite a bit myself and I must say you're exaggerating, but who am I to judge.

Its all good. Im not here to change your opinion. :)

hunter_alien said:
selnor1983 said:
DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:

So you take the first 4 days (NA), 2 days (JP) and 1 day (EU) for Forza 4 and compare it to the first 7 days of Forza 5, which conveniently include Black Friday as well? Well that's only a bit misleading.

I see your point. Actually. Even so. Forza 4 was available in triple the amount of countries. So Forza 5 is definately massively up on Forza 4 at this point. Lets hope the Forza 5 continues to draw in sales. It deserves it. It is so much better in physics than previous gen. Forget the content fiasco. It plays WAAAYY better. Its clearly using many more calculations than last gen was ever capable of.

Why? Because you say so?

Thats totally rubbish. T10 rushed the game because they needed an exclusive franchise out the gate. Give it 1 more year and it could have been something special.

The content they do have plays alot better than previous gen. Thats all that matters. And I dont really miss another 70 versions of Skyline anyway. I want more tracks though. But only when they have been completely redone like the tracks I currently have. They are coming in DLC so all is gravy.