By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Confirms that Smash Bros Isn't Lined up for Spring 2014...

NiKKoM said:
pezus said:
NiKKoM said:
How in the world did you came up with that username?

Isn't it obvious?

I won't accept that he's a real life pirate with jizz in his beard.. unless he posts a photo..

second emotion... much!

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Smash is likely their big holiday title for 2014, while they'll rely on Kart to push the system through Q2 and 3. If they pace Bayonetta 2, Yarn Yoshi, and X at well spaced intervels between the two, they a should be able to main a decent amount of momentum for the year.

Personally, I couldn't care less if Smash comes out later, I have no interest in the game. Kart, on the other hand, I am getting day 1.

How is that even possible?

So what was going to drive that 9 million unit projection then? Because I sure as shit know MK8 and 3D World alone weren't gonna do it. Not that they were likely to hit those numbers even with Smash, but not having it certainly doesn't help.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

DucksUnlimited said:
curl-6 said:

Smash is likely their big holiday title for 2014, while they'll rely on Kart to push the system through Q2 and 3. If they pace Bayonetta 2, Yarn Yoshi, and X at well spaced intervels between the two, they a should be able to main a decent amount of momentum for the year.

Personally, I couldn't care less if Smash comes out later, I have no interest in the game. Kart, on the other hand, I am getting day 1.

How is that even possible?

I don't like the Smash Bros series, never have. I don't like fighting games to begin with, and I find the control/physics in the Smash games to be annoyingly twitchy and loose.

Metallicube said:
It's ok, I'll be too busy playing Donkey Kong anyway

Are you sure?, you don't mean Mario Kart 8? that game IS coming out on spring 2014.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:
It's ok, I'll be too busy playing Donkey Kong anyway

Same im actually really pumped for Donkey Kong.

Co Op games are my favorite.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
toot1231 said:

im actually really pumped for Donkey Kong.

Ditto, my most anticipated gane. DKCR was amazing, and this looks like it could be even greater.

Soundwave said:

It makes more sense anyway, to divide up the big games by quarter

Q1 - DKC: Tropical Freeze

Q2 - Mario Kart 8

Q3 - Smash Bros. U

Q4 - Pokken Fighters? Zelda? New EAD IP?

You're forgetting so many other Nintendo titles in their like Bayonetta 2, X, SMTxFE, Yarn Yoshi, plus they always have an unnannounced game or two at E3 they unveil for the holidays.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

ash3336 said:
Soundwave said:

It makes more sense anyway, to divide up the big games by quarter

Q1 - DKC: Tropical Freeze

Q2 - Mario Kart 8

Q3 - Smash Bros. U

Q4 - Pokken Fighters? Zelda? New EAD IP?

You're forgetting so many other Nintendo titles in their like Bayonetta 2, X, SMTxFE, Yarn Yoshi, plus they always have an unnannounced game or two at E3 they unveil for the holidays.

It should be pretty obvious he doesnt mean only one game per quarter. Hes saying one major title and a couple smaller support titles like the ones ones u listed per quarter.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Some people are saying releasing Mario Kart and Smash Bros too close would be bad but I think it might be a good idea. If Smash comes in the spring then that means 3D Mario+DKC+Mario Kart+Smash Bros all release within a 6-8 month period which in theory should get a ton of Nintendo fans on board and significanlty increase the Wii U install base.

After that have the summer months focus on smaller niche core titles like SMTxFE, Bayonetta, and X which will most likely benefit from having a bigger audience to sell to and those big titles from the first half of the year should be able to carry Wii U for a few months.

Then for the holidays have 2-3 relatively big titles ready, if Zelda is ready have that, if not then Yarn Yoshi+Pokemon Fighters+Wii Sports Club Retail could probably do the trick. Also next year there will likely be much better holiday deals for Wii U, maybe even down to $199 on black friday and DKC/Kart/Smash will be having there first holiday so a megaton title isnt absolutely necessary for Holiday 2014.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.