By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Confirms that Smash Bros Isn't Lined up for Spring 2014...

It makes more sense anyway, to divide up the big games by quarter

Q1 - DKC: Tropical Freeze

Q2 - Mario Kart 8

Q3 - Smash Bros. U

Q4 - Pokken Fighters? Zelda? New EAD IP?

Around the Network
pezus said:
Seece said:
Makes sense, if they can't get Zelda out for Q4 they need Smash for then (heck even if they do, they need more than 1 big first party game).

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze counts as a big game

...until it releases.

I meant for next holiday, just Zelda isn't enough.

pezus said:
Seece said:
Makes sense, if they can't get Zelda out for Q4 they need Smash for then (heck even if they do, they need more than 1 big first party game).

...until it releases.

...don't get cranky kong us.

Smash is likely their big holiday title for 2014, while they'll rely on Kart to push the system through Q2 and 3. If they pace Bayonetta 2, Yarn Yoshi, and X at well spaced intervels between the two, they a should be able to main a decent amount of momentum for the year.

Personally, I couldn't care less if Smash comes out later, I have no interest in the game. Kart, on the other hand, I am getting day 1.

There will probably other stuff to fill out holiday 2014 anyway.

Mario Party U is pretty much a given to happen at some point right? Perhaps Nintendo will pick one or two games each year to remaster in HD as well like Wind Waker (perhaps next year could be Galaxy 1/2 HD?). 

One of X or Bayonetta 2 could slide into fall 2014 as well.

Around the Network

Dk in Feb, MK in April, Bayo2 in June, YY in Sept, SSB in Oct and Zelda in Nov. Calling the Wii U's year now.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

SSB for holiday 2014.

pezus said:
Seece said:

...until it releases.

Cranky Kong pirate DLC confirmed. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

I'm still expecting a holiday 2014 release date.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

There will presumably be games we don't know about to pad out the year as well, like the third exclusive Sonic game. Shin Megami Tensai x Fire Emblem was pitched for 2014 as well, if I recall correctly.

But like TK14 says, Kart and Smash and Nintendo's two biggest guns, and they know this, so they will space them out. If Kart's arriving in April-May, Smash won't be until November I reckon.