By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Confirms that Smash Bros Isn't Lined up for Spring 2014...

"Nintendo told IGN, "There seems to be some buzz online today about the launch date of Super Smash Bros. We would like to clarify that the speculation about a Spring 2014 launch date for Super Smash Bros. on Wii U was the result of a misquotation in an interview. The original article has since been rectified and we have no further announcements to make at this time."

Source: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/12/10/super-smash-bros-launching-in-spring-2014

And with that... Many hopes and dreams are crushed...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

How in the world did you came up with that username?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Looks like I won't be getting a Wii U this spring. Thanks for saving me money Nintendo!

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

pezus said:
NiKKoM said:

Isn't it obvious?

I won't accept that he's a real life pirate with jizz in his beard.. unless he posts a photo..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Makes sense, if they can't get Zelda out for Q4 they need Smash for then (heck even if they do, they need more than 1 big first party game).

Around the Network

It's ok, I'll be too busy playing Donkey Kong anyway

Technically they didn't confirm that it isn't coming out next spring; they simply did not confirm that it is.

Makes little difference, as I doubt it is.

pezus said:
Seece said:
Makes sense, if they can't get Zelda out for Q4 they need Smash for then (heck even if they do, they need more than 1 big first party game).

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze counts as a big game

...until it releases.

DK is a big game, it's just not a big system seller.

NiKKoM said:

It's a metaphor for social injustice in America.

I called this and posted in many threads that at NO point (barring the "mistake" the other day from a German Nintendo employee) had Nintendo EVER given any indication on WHEN in 2014 Super Smash Bros. would come out. And those who expected it in the first half of the year were just being unrealistic. Wii U has 2 titles that stand head-and-shoulders above the rest of the lineup for 2014 when it comes to their system-selling potential: Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. To release BOTH of those in the same half of the year or even within a few months of each other would be ridiculous from a business perspective.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)