By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo's software can no longer carry their home consoles...

toot1231 said:

fuck you all Wii U is awesome 3D world is the best game in the last 3 years.

Your post is crude and your points are poorly supported. That said; That is a fantastic avatar! One of my favorite albums of all time. I will join you in a big 'Fuck You All'! just for that.

Around the Network
osed125 said:
pokoko said:
I'm not sure what people are mad at the OP about or why the PS4 and XO are being brought up.

The simple fact of the matter is that Nintendo is behind the 8-ball because they HAVE to make up for a lack of content from third-parties. Sony and Microsoft do not. That is an important consideration.

The situation right now is that potential customers for the Wii U (excepting multiple console owners) have to like Nintendo games more than Sony/Microsoft content COMBINED with third-party games. In more blunt terms, they have to like Nintendo games more than they like playing a wide variety of games or any of the (many) genres that are underrepresented on the Wii U.

It's become clear, I think, that a large number of people have decided to give up Nintendo games rather than give up on the diversity offered by the other consoles. Granted, it looks like 2014 is going to be MUCH more diverse for the Wii U but that's following a 2013 that brought very little to the table that would excite someone on the fence.

Personally, I'm curious to see if Nintendo is going to be able to pull another big (non-platforming) franchise out of the hat for now and the future. Unless they're comfortable with being niche, they're going to need to diversify.

Of course, the question now seems to be, are Wii U going to buy into any new IP or do they really just want more of the same?

You always talk like the Wii U is a purely console for platformers, and yet the system only has Rayman Legends, NSMBU, Sonic Lost worlds and 3D World as platformer games (you can count NSLU but in the end that's a DLC for NSMBU). What about Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter, Zelda WW HD, Wonderful 101, Lego City, NintendoLand, Wii Fit U, 3rd party games that are on the console (like AC III and IV, Darksiders II, Need for Speed, Call of Duty etc); are those platformers?No they aren't

If you want to include the known 2014 lineup, only Yarn Yoshi is a platformer, the rest are other genres.

That's not what I'm saying or what I said.  My point is that platforming is probably the only major genre that it will "win", where most of the fans of that genre will pick the Wii U over the others.  Those who hold another genre as the focal point of their gaming experience will probably look elsewhere first.  Those who want diversity will probably look elsewhere first.

I also pointed out that 2014 looks like a much better year in that regard, though we still have to see how some of the bigger third-party franchises will settle.

I think the Wii U would have benefited greatly had they been able to get some of that 2014 variety into this year.  Only ZombiU, in my opinion, really got the attention of consumers who fall outside the faithful Nintendo circle.  Bayonetta 2 or X would have been great marketing tools for the Wii U while it was still trying to forge an identity.

toot1231 said:
small44 said:
Nothing can save Nintendo home console,casuals are happy with their wii and won't buy a Nintendo console anymore,and hardcore gamers will buy Sony and Microsoft consoles because of graphics.

gameplay means nothing to me. I am a mindless sheep who just stares at my tv woeing the graphics. who needs a game for gameplay anyway right?

You can call people sheep people buy game because of graphics because they like it.

For you every game with good graphics don't have great gameplay and every bad looking game had great gameplay?

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
toot1231 said:
small44 said:
Nothing can save Nintendo home console,casuals are happy with their wii and won't buy a Nintendo console anymore,and hardcore gamers will buy Sony and Microsoft consoles because of graphics.

gameplay means nothing to me. I am a mindless sheep who just stares at my tv woeing the graphics. who needs a game for gameplay anyway right?

You can call people sheep people buy game because of graphics because they like it.

For you every game with good graphics don't have great gameplay and every bad looking game had great gameplay?

People who care only about graphics are missing some of the best games of all time. Just so they can stare at them pretty pixels.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
toot1231 said:
small44 said:
toot1231 said:
small44 said:

People who care only about graphics are missing some of the best games of all time. Just so they can stare at them pretty pixels.

yeah but what you say is off topics the topic say why Nintendo software didn't save wii u,is because casual don't want want to buy another casual console and because third party games had better graphics in Sony and Microsoft consoles then Nintendo consoles.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
kekrot said:
toastboy44562 said:
I agree with OP,Nintendo, and its fans, think that old games with slightly better graphics will save the system but it will not. 

Nowadays most shooters look like either MW1 or Killzone 2. So it's not fair to say that.

huh?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

not all pretty games though have bad gameplay,  and sometime a games story and graphics can be imersive and allow one to over look bad controls.

pokoko said:

That's not what I'm saying or what I said.  My point is that platforming is probably the only major genre that it will "win", where most of the fans of that genre will pick the Wii U over the others.  Those who hold another genre as the focal point of their gaming experience will probably look elsewhere first.  Those who want diversity will probably look elsewhere first.

I also pointed out that 2014 looks like a much better year in that regard, though we still have to see how some of the bigger third-party franchises will settle.

I think the Wii U would have benefited greatly had they been able to get some of that 2014 variety into this year.  Only ZombiU, in my opinion, really got the attention of consumers who fall outside the faithful Nintendo circle.  Bayonetta 2 or X would have been great marketing tools for the Wii U while it was still trying to forge an identity.

The Wii U has diversity in genres, just not in terms of games, like for example only 1 fighting game (or at least that I could think of, which is Tekken Tag Tournament). Only talking about good games here of course, there's probably more than 1 crappy fighting game on the Eshop.

So this theory of yours of "winning" because of platformers doesn't apply, the Wii U will lose because of the lack of games (or big games rather), not because of the lack of genres or diversity per se.

Edir: similar to the Vita, plenty of games (mostly indie) from diffrent genres, but simple not big enough.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Nintendo's software never could carry their home consoles alone, unless you count the Nintendo 64 and the GameCube as sucessful consoles. The Wii was the exception.

Some of Ninty's main franchises have become stale which is why the current software isn't pushing hardware sales. Mario 2D was huge but I just feel like it's been overused and I'm sure many share the same feeling. Just look at NSMB2 sales compared to NSMBWii or NSMBDS and you'll see a huge decline in sales.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...