By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo's software can no longer carry their home consoles...

ryuzaki57 said:
DanneSandin said:
If this were true, then Fifa, Madden, NHL, Halo and God of War and Grand Turismo wouldn't sell consoles either. But clearly, they do.

Which clearly shows that Nintendo IPs are not as strong as people tend to think : consumers will gladly spend 500€ to play the superior version of COD/BF4/FIFA but hardly anyone would put 300€ to play the new Mario/Pikmin.

They're strong enough to make Nintendo profitable (contrary to MS, and to a certain extent Sony) and sell consoles all by their own. That's not something MS and/or Sony can boost with. But, yes, Nintendo needs 3rd party to be taken seriously by MS/Sony - or another sell point (like the Wii).

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
I agree, Nintendo needs to go 3rd party already!

in some alternative universe, Nintendo is 3rd party now

Click HERE and be happy 

pokoko said:
I'm not sure what people are mad at the OP about or why the PS4 and XO are being brought up.

The simple fact of the matter is that Nintendo is behind the 8-ball because they HAVE to make up for a lack of content from third-parties. Sony and Microsoft do not. That is an important consideration.

The situation right now is that potential customers for the Wii U (excepting multiple console owners) have to like Nintendo games more than Sony/Microsoft content COMBINED with third-party games. In more blunt terms, they have to like Nintendo games more than they like playing a wide variety of games or any of the (many) genres that are underrepresented on the Wii U.

It's become clear, I think, that a large number of people have decided to give up Nintendo games rather than give up on the diversity offered by the other consoles. Granted, it looks like 2014 is going to be MUCH more diverse for the Wii U but that's following a 2013 that brought very little to the table that would excite someone on the fence.

Personally, I'm curious to see if Nintendo is going to be able to pull another big (non-platforming) franchise out of the hat for now and the future. Unless they're comfortable with being niche, they're going to need to diversify.

Of course, the question now seems to be, are Wii U going to buy into any new IP or do they really just want more of the same?

You always talk like the Wii U is a purely console for platformers, and yet the system only has Rayman Legends, NSMBU, Sonic Lost worlds and 3D World as platformer games (you can count NSLU but in the end that's a DLC for NSMBU). What about Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter, Zelda WW HD, Wonderful 101, Lego City, NintendoLand, Wii Fit U, 3rd party games that are on the console (like AC III and IV, Darksiders II, Need for Speed, Call of Duty etc); are those platformers?No they aren't

If you want to include the known 2014 lineup, only Yarn Yoshi is a platformer, the rest are other genres. 

Edit: oh and Donkey Kong Country, forgot about that one.

Nintendo and PC gamer

toot1231 said:

fuck you all Wii U is awesome 3D world is the best game in the last 3 years.

Aren't you a pleasant fella! Reported.

Somini said:
toot1231 said:

fuck you all Wii U is awesome 3D world is the best game in the last 3 years.

Aren't you a pleasant fella! Reported.

You say that like im going to get fired from a job or something...

Snitches get stiches

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:
I agree with OP,Nintendo, and its fans, think that old games with slightly better graphics will save the system but it will not. 

Nowadays most shooters look like either MW1 or Killzone 2. So it's not fair to say that.

Yep.

kekrot said:
toastboy44562 said:
I agree with OP,Nintendo, and its fans, think that old games with slightly better graphics will save the system but it will not. 

Nowadays most shooters look like either MW1 or Killzone 2. So it's not fair to say that.

exactly people say Nintendo does the same thing over again but, really they need to look at what they are playing.

Its the same game with another named stamped on it.

fps's are so over done. atleast Mario is just the only popular platformer.

fps's are all over the place I cant get away from them

DanneSandin said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Which clearly shows that Nintendo IPs are not as strong as people tend to think : consumers will gladly spend 500€ to play the superior version of COD/BF4/FIFA but hardly anyone would put 300€ to play the new Mario/Pikmin.

They're strong enough to make Nintendo profitable (contrary to MS, and to a certain extent Sony) and sell consoles all by their own. 

No, the BoJ makes Nintendo profitable. Without the weak yen, Nintendo would suffer from its operational losses.

Nothing can save Nintendo home console,casuals are happy with their wii and won't buy a Nintendo console anymore,and hardcore gamers will buy Sony and Microsoft consoles because of graphics.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
Nothing can save Nintendo home console,casuals are happy with their wii and won't buy a Nintendo console anymore,and hardcore gamers will buy Sony and Microsoft consoles because of graphics.

gameplay means nothing to me. I am a mindless sheep who just stares at my tv woeing the graphics. who needs a game for gameplay anyway right?