By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo's software can no longer carry their home consoles...

toastboy44562 said:
DanneSandin said:
toastboy44562 said:
orniletter said:
toastboy44562 said:
I agree with OP,Nintendo, and its fans, think that old games with slightly better graphics will save the system but it will not. What casual fan is going to spend 300 dollars for the Wii U+ 100 dollar fit board to play wii u fit just to have better graphics. It's not gonna happen Nintendo Microsoft has a better chance of making it work because kinect comes with every system.

Yes, it is absolutely unlikely that an average casual gamer is shelling out 250$ (the price of the basic set) and is keeping his Balance board...in contrast to buying a 500$ system.

Genious !

But if you buy the Wii U + the balance board you also have to buy at least a PS4 if not an Xbox One to  fully satisfy your gaming thirsts.

Ever heard of a PC? Let's be fair here, most people who buy the PS4/X1 is going to play multiplats on it. Why not play them on a PC then? The games are cheaper.

People don't have 1,600+ to shell out on a pc. and they don't know how to build their own. and they don't want to mess with hooking their computer up with their tv. and they don't want to buy 360 remotes for their pc when it comes with an xbox for 99 dollars. plus they want to use xbox live to play with their friends and they want party chat. they also want to compare achievements with friends. 

steambox...  it could destroy ps4 and xboxone. games are cheap like pc games, the "console" will be cheap and multiplats will look the same or even better and u can buy 1 cheap game every month for the money u spend on nextgen for onlineplaying...

Around the Network

As soon as I saw who the OP was, I knew what to expect.

DanneSandin said:
Somini said:
As long as Iwata has something to say about it, they won't make the neccesary changes needed for them to stay as relevant as they were just 5 short years ago!

It's weird how Nintendo is not relevant under Iwata's rule, since he was the president of Nintendo when the original DS and Wii was released... One could argue that that's the most relevant Nintendo been during the last 15-20 years?

Just because he's had succeses doesn't mean he'll be succesful forever. This is a business not a royal throne.

The father of the PlayStation, as Kutaragu is called was responsible for the most succesful gaming brand. That didn't stop him from almost ruining Sony with the PS3.

I agree, Nintendo needs to go 3rd party already!

Lyrikalstylez said:
I agree, Nintendo needs to go 3rd party already!

Keep on agreeing, it wont happen. Look at 3DS sales ~_~

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
If this were true, then Fifa, Madden, NHL, Halo and God of War and Grand Turismo wouldn't sell consoles either. But clearly, they do.

Which clearly shows that Nintendo IPs are not as strong as people tend to think : consumers will gladly spend 500€ to play the superior version of COD/BF4/FIFA but hardly anyone would put 300€ to play the new Mario/Pikmin.

fuck you all Wii U is awesome 3D world is the best game in the last 3 years.

This post has been moderated by axumblade

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

I'm not sure what people are mad at the OP about or why the PS4 and XO are being brought up.

The simple fact of the matter is that Nintendo is behind the 8-ball because they HAVE to make up for a lack of content from third-parties. Sony and Microsoft do not. That is an important consideration.

The situation right now is that potential customers for the Wii U (excepting multiple console owners) have to like Nintendo games more than Sony/Microsoft content COMBINED with third-party games. In more blunt terms, they have to like Nintendo games more than they like playing a wide variety of games or any of the (many) genres that are underrepresented on the Wii U.

It's become clear, I think, that a large number of people have decided to give up Nintendo games rather than give up on the diversity offered by the other consoles. Granted, it looks like 2014 is going to be MUCH more diverse for the Wii U but that's following a 2013 that brought very little to the table that would excite someone on the fence.

Personally, I'm curious to see if Nintendo is going to be able to pull another big (non-platforming) franchise out of the hat for now and the future. Unless they're comfortable with being niche, they're going to need to diversify.

Of course, the question now seems to be, are Wii U going to buy into any new IP or do they really just want more of the same?

Somini said:
DanneSandin said:
Somini said:
As long as Iwata has something to say about it, they won't make the neccesary changes needed for them to stay as relevant as they were just 5 short years ago!

It's weird how Nintendo is not relevant under Iwata's rule, since he was the president of Nintendo when the original DS and Wii was released... One could argue that that's the most relevant Nintendo been during the last 15-20 years?

Just because he's had succeses doesn't mean he'll be succesful forever. This is a business not a royal throne.

The father of the PlayStation, as Kutaragu is called was responsible for the most succesful gaming brand. That didn't stop him from almost ruining Sony with the PS3.

I'm not saying that he'll be successful forever, just that Nintendo (and to a certain extent, Iwata himself - as I just proved to you) most certainly IS willing to do the neccesary changes to stay relevant. That's exactly what they (and Iwata) did with the DS and Wii.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Hi! oh it's you >_>

Bye!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(