By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo's software can no longer carry their home consoles...

DanneSandin said:
toastboy44562 said:
orniletter said:
toastboy44562 said:
I agree with OP,Nintendo, and its fans, think that old games with slightly better graphics will save the system but it will not. What casual fan is going to spend 300 dollars for the Wii U+ 100 dollar fit board to play wii u fit just to have better graphics. It's not gonna happen Nintendo Microsoft has a better chance of making it work because kinect comes with every system.

Yes, it is absolutely unlikely that an average casual gamer is shelling out 250$ (the price of the basic set) and is keeping his Balance board...in contrast to buying a 500$ system.

Genious !

But if you buy the Wii U + the balance board you also have to buy at least a PS4 if not an Xbox One to  fully satisfy your gaming thirsts.

Ever heard of a PC? Let's be fair here, most people who buy the PS4/X1 is going to play multiplats on it. Why not play them on a PC then? The games are cheaper.

People don't have 1,600+ to shell out on a pc. and they don't know how to build their own. and they don't want to mess with hooking their computer up with their tv. and they don't want to buy 360 remotes for their pc when it comes with an xbox for 99 dollars. plus they want to use xbox live to play with their friends and they want party chat. they also want to compare achievements with friends. 

Around the Network

its the system, nobody cares about the system its that simple. The system AND the games have to be appealing, you cant have one without the other and expect big success. Ninty will have to put out something INCREDIBLE and never seen before at this point for WIi u. Im not holding my breath.

There was already an Harvest Moon on the SNES. Why is it placed at GC?

generic-user-1 said:
toastboy44562 said:
generic-user-1 said:
toastboy44562 said:
orniletter said:
toastboy44562 said:
I agree with OP,Nintendo, and its fans, think that old games with slightly better graphics will save the system but it will not. What casual fan is going to spend 300 dollars for the Wii U+ 100 dollar fit board to play wii u fit just to have better graphics. It's not gonna happen Nintendo Microsoft has a better chance of making it work because kinect comes with every system.

Yes, it is absolutely unlikely that an average casual gamer is shelling out 250$ (the price of the basic set) and is keeping his Balance board...in contrast to buying a 500$ system.

Genious !

But if you buy the Wii U + the balance board you also have to buy at least a PS4 if not an Xbox One to  fully satisfy your gaming thirsts.

never go fullfanboy retard...  what gaming thirst? we talk about casuals...

casuals are everywhere man! theyre playing call of duty and madden as we speak

im not sure if calling cod player casuals is a good move(im on ur site, for me 99% of cod layer are casuals) no body likes to hear hes a casual...

They have to face it. Call of duty destroys competition and prevents innovation. it IS a casual game.

biglittlesps said:
DanneSandin said:
toastboy44562 said:

@bold: and why wouldn't that save the system? That's what Sony and MS is relying on...

Sony is relying up on more new IP's which are 12 according to Sony for first year release in 20 games along with old IP's.

But none of those are present at launch. At launch it's all about prettier graphics. Best selling games on BOTH PS4/X1? CoD. A prettier version on CoD. I don't even understand why you responded to me, because nothing of what you said has anything to do with whatI said previously when I replied to toastboy.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

As long as Iwata has something to say about it, they won't make the neccesary changes needed for them to stay as relevant as they were just 5 short years ago!

X can be one of those game that innovates.
But I doubt this game will appeal to the mass.

So it won't be pushing the wiiu that much

toastboy44562 said:

People don't have 1,600+ to shell out on a pc. and they don't know how to build their own. and they don't want to mess with hooking their computer up with their tv. and they don't want to buy 360 remotes for their pc when it comes with an xbox for 99 dollars. plus they want to use xbox live to play with their friends and they want party chat. they also want to compare achievements with friends. 

A computer don't HAVE to cost 1.600+, and besides, you can do way more stuff on your PC than you can do on a console (yes, even the PS4/X1). And hooking up your PC to your TV is about as hard as hooking it up to a PC monitor. Go figure. And why not simply buy a 360 controller without the console? You are aware that online is FREE on a PC? You don't have to pay to watch Netflix or play CoD with your friends. I don't care a flyings rats ass about trophies/achievements but I got a bunch of them on Steam. I THINK I unlocked them while playing some games there... weird, huh?

Somini said:
As long as Iwata has something to say about it, they won't make the neccesary changes needed for them to stay as relevant as they were just 5 short years ago!

Wasnt 5 years ago DS=30mil that year while Wii= 20mil?

Somini said:

It's weird how Nintendo is not relevant under Iwata's rule, since he was the president of Nintendo when the original DS and Wii was released... One could argue that that's the most relevant Nintendo been during the last 15-20 years?