Where's Metroid? 91 30.74%

Outsold by Knack 95 32.09%

I want Galaxy 3 49 16.55%

I want 64-2 38 12.84%

I want Sunshine 2 22 7.43%

Total:295
Mr Khan said:
Frequency said:

These are staple third party publishers, delivering cross platform franchises, feel free to find a first party microsoft or sony game milked as hard as mario.

Uhh, pretty much every flagship game they have? How many Halos were on the 360, again?

Ratchet and Clank, Gears of War, Uncharted, Forza. We're talking 3 mainline (of the two different main lines) Mario games on Wii, and 2 so far on Wii U, with 2 on 3DS. Now, that does cram together, a fair bit, but its hardly unprecedented.

(I dare you to cite the spinoffs as Mario games).

really? i didn't mention those because i didn't know how many iteration were on each sony/ms platform. guess i just learned something

Around the Network

Don't judge Mario by first weeks. It'll have long legs as other Mario games.
And in Japan 3D World holding pretty good, where Wii U rised 7K more in 2nd week of game's release. And gonna rise even more soon.
Knack comparison is so overhyped, lol. On a worldwide lifetime level 3D World will put that game into the shame.

EricFabian said:
I think we have enough NSMB Marios for next 2/3 years console generations.

FIXED it for you.

We have enough Mario games when people stop making shooters and sports games.    Mario is a completely new game every time  the only exclusion is NSMB  which should just go THQ (hopefully soon EA)

This series is the reason people hate on Mario and I completely understand why. Its literally the exact same thing over and over. It has multiplayer yes but thast it no new gameplay elements. nothing new. Even the frickin music is the SAME every time.....  
SMB3 was so completely different from SMB1.  Mario World is a bit like  3 but ads new gamplay mechanics like upwards kick, yoshi etc.

Same with Mario64 and Sunshine and Galaxy.

The NSMB series is gameplay wise a step back to a period prior to SMB3. Moves were removed.  And the level design is even worse than SMB1. Where are hard to find secrets? Where are the multilayered levels with stuff hidden in the clouds etc? Where is the world map (NSMBU is the first okay NSMB game but still not even half as good as SMB3 or World)

JazzB1987 said:
EricFabian said:

FIXED it for you.

We have enough Mario games when people stop making shooters and sports games.    Mario is a completely new game every time  the only exclusion is NSMB  which should just go THQ (hopefully soon EA)

This series is the reason people hate on Mario and I completely understand why. Its literally the exact same thing over and over. It has multiplayer yes but thast it no new gameplay elements. nothing new. Even the frickin music is the SAME every time.....  
SMB3 was so completely different from SMB1.  Mario World is a bit like  3 but ads new gamplay mechanics like upwards kick, yoshi etc.

The NSMB series is gameplay wise a step back to a period prior to SMB3. Moves were removed.  And the level design is even worse than SMB1. Where are hard to find secrets? Where are the multilayered levels with stuff hidden in the clouds etc? Where is the world map (NSMBU is the first okay NSMB game but still not even half as good as SMB3 or World)

3DWorld still feels like a NSMB game. Altough better of course.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

sabastian said:

Dude the title has "MARIO" in it..... Mario Kart. Kart game with mario/ A Mario game with Karts. 

Mario game.

You and frequency are both determined to misunderstand things, clearly. Gameplay is all that matters in this regard, because that's what people buy them for. I had hoped to not have to spell it out quite so plainly.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I agree jazz feels completly new. While many Xbox and ps3 games feel like you already played them and bore you.

But i believe too many Mario games is still not good. Better diversify and let them crave for mario.

Mario 3D world feels new to me and awesome ofc

Pavolink said:
JazzB1987 said:
EricFabian said:

FIXED it for you.

3DWorld still feels like a NSMB game. Altough better of course.

Really? hmm. I did not play  much of it (just bet the first world because I want to play it with friends) but I guess it will be like 3D Land.

When I first played NSMB Wii I felt bored after a short period of time.  Mario 3D Land on the other hand was fantastic. And after finishing it I was like "wow that was amazing".

How do you think about 3D Land in comparison to 3D World?  Maybe making a singleplayer game into a multiplayer game (including zooming out which robs the game of some of its exploration because you already see everything from the start) is hurting it.

I know that I hate NSMB because you see everything there is no  "oh shit where does that come from" or " wow didnt expect this to be here" moment.

But nothing tops real 3D mario (without stupid time limit and with more exploration) of course.

I don`t think Mario 3D - or 2D Mario, for that matter - has failed. The bigger problem started with the mass market not aware of Wii U or mistaking it for an add-on and then continued with the lack of bigger releases for most of this year.

It`s hard to make something sell "as usual", when the "usual" context doesn`t apply.

Today i went to my local Gamestop (in Austria) to buy SM3DW. When I asked about its sales and the recent success of Wii U in general, they told me that the game itself is a best seller atm. but as far as they are concerned, Wii U didn't increase very much because of the strong competition. Anyway, the guy on the cash desk added that he considers to buy one just for Mario and thinks that Wii U will sell better.

Nintendo really should have taken advantage of this one year. They are giving themselves a tough ride with all the bad management decisions and non-existent games in the first year.

Mr Khan said:
sabastian said:

Dude the title has "MARIO" in it..... Mario Kart. Kart game with mario/ A Mario game with Karts. 

Mario game.

You and frequency are both determined to misunderstand things, clearly. Gameplay is all that matters in this regard, because that's what people buy them for. I had hoped to not have to spell it out quite so plainly.

Saturation and gameplay arent the same thing, doesnt matter if one game plays differently from another if its still a mario game, then it is saturating the available library with games of the same franchise.

But alas, your "i dare you to cite the spinoffs as mario games" comment says it all.

Please, tell the world how a game whos title bears the mario name, and prominently features mario as a playable character, is somehow "not" a mario game, segregating genres is just a lame attempt at downplaying the simple and obvious reality.

You are clutching at straws now.