Where's Metroid? 91 30.74%

Outsold by Knack 95 32.09%

I want Galaxy 3 49 16.55%

I want 64-2 38 12.84%

I want Sunshine 2 22 7.43%

Total:295
Rogerioandrade said:

Couldn´t have said better.

People need to understand the difference between business decisions and passionate decisions.

The WiiU is not doing good but these three last weeks it´s doing a lot better.  Now that there´s an audience coming, albeit still small, Nintendo must carefully think and take its next steps to keep that audience pleased.

It was a bad decision to dry the Wii support. It was a bad decision to delay DK or not have MK for holiday. It was a bad decision to bundle NSMBU+NSLU and not 3D World. It was a bad decision to delay launch window and have a a big drought. It was a bad decision to believe Wii Sports Club/WiiParty U/Wii Fit will make casuals return, and delay some of them it was an even worse decision. It was a bad decision to do a ND instead of a traditional conference. It was a bad decision to make a lame trailer for announcement of 3D World.

Making a new Metroid that will please fans even if don't set the charts on fire, like MP, is the minor one of those.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Frequency said:
Zero999 said:
Soundwave said:
Mario 3D World would've outsold either Galaxy game on the original Wii.

Multiplayer + more classic styled Mario levels would've sold a gigaton on the Wii.

The Wii U is just a dud of a console, and Nintendo is reaping their results for an incredibly poorly thought out hardware strategy now by having a game like Mario 3D World suffer.

They've oversaturated the Mario brand recently too, way too many games.

The big thing that sucks is I can see the next 3D Mario being moved to the 3DS now instead of Wii U. Why sell 4-5 million copies of a Mario game when on the 3DS they could probably double that easily?

absolutely. 4 games (2 3d and 2 2d) for two systems, with one year apart the two of each console. that's totally oversaturating.

dude, EA, ACTIVISION and UBISOFT releasing AC, call of retrocess, skylanders and EA sports every year, THAT is oversaturating.

the only nintendo console since nes that had 2 marios of the same style was the wii, with galaxy and galaxy 2. end even then, they were 3 years apart.

These are staple third party publishers, delivering cross platform franchises, feel free to find a first party microsoft or sony game milked as hard as mario.

Uhh, pretty much every flagship game they have? How many Halos were on the 360, again?

Ratchet and Clank, Gears of War, Uncharted, Forza. We're talking 3 mainline (of the two different main lines) Mario games on Wii, and 2 so far on Wii U, with 2 on 3DS. Now, that does cram together, a fair bit, but its hardly unprecedented.

(I dare you to cite the spinoffs as Mario games).

Ratchet and clank is third party, sony bought excludive rights to the franchise they do not own or control the studio, not the frequency of titles released under the franchise

Halos on 360, halo 3, halo 4, halo wars, forza? 3 and 4,  gears, 1,2,3, uncharted, 1,2,3.

Do we see joint releases of these games across handhelds and consoles? No. Are most of them likely to last more than the new generation? No.

How anyone can point to halo, forza, uncharted or similar and claim they are in any way milked as much as the mario franchise is just beyond me.

It's weird that the poll asks for Metroid.

Metroid isn't a system seller. I LOVE the series but we have to admit that Metroid won't move consoles.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
It's weird that the poll asks for Metroid.

Metroid isn't a system seller. I LOVE the series but we have to admit that Metroid won't move consoles.

Irony/sarcasm, even if that hurts my feelings.

Mr Khan said:
Frequency said:
Zero999 said:
Soundwave said:
Mario 3D World would've outsold either Galaxy game on the original Wii.

Multiplayer + more classic styled Mario levels would've sold a gigaton on the Wii.

The Wii U is just a dud of a console, and Nintendo is reaping their results for an incredibly poorly thought out hardware strategy now by having a game like Mario 3D World suffer.

They've oversaturated the Mario brand recently too, way too many games.

The big thing that sucks is I can see the next 3D Mario being moved to the 3DS now instead of Wii U. Why sell 4-5 million copies of a Mario game when on the 3DS they could probably double that easily?

absolutely. 4 games (2 3d and 2 2d) for two systems, with one year apart the two of each console. that's totally oversaturating.

dude, EA, ACTIVISION and UBISOFT releasing AC, call of retrocess, skylanders and EA sports every year, THAT is oversaturating.

the only nintendo console since nes that had 2 marios of the same style was the wii, with galaxy and galaxy 2. end even then, they were 3 years apart.

These are staple third party publishers, delivering cross platform franchises, feel free to find a first party microsoft or sony game milked as hard as mario.

Uhh, pretty much every flagship game they have? How many Halos were on the 360, again?

Ratchet and Clank, Gears of War, Uncharted, Forza. We're talking 3 mainline (of the two different main lines) Mario games on Wii, and 2 so far on Wii U, with 2 on 3DS. Now, that does cram together, a fair bit, but its hardly unprecedented.

(I dare you to cite the spinoffs as Mario games).

Halo is oversaturated as a franchise too, IMO it's now on a decline that isn't going to stop any time soon. 

Fact is NSMBU was Nintendo's "big" game last holiday. And NSMB2 was the "big" 3DS game. This year Mario 3D World is the big console game. 

2011 was Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart ... for the last three holidays in a row, basically they've bet the farm mostly on Mario. 

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Frequency said:
Zero999 said:
Frequency said:

Mario is not a milked franchise. you presented no argument to excuse third parties milking franchises. sony/ms don't have enough franchises or resources to milk them. but sony did milk uncharted with 3 iterations on the same console.

Reaaaalyy..

3ds:

Super mario 3d land

Mario kart 7 (Spinoff, separate genre)

Sonic and mario london 2012 olympics (Spinoff, separate genre)

Mario tennis open (Spinoff, minor genre overlap with olympics)

New super mario bros 2

Paper mario sticker star (Spinoff, very separate genre)

Luigis mansion dark moon (Spinoff, somewhat separate genre)

Mario party island tour (Spinoff, separate genre)

Mario luigi dream team (Spinoff, overlaps with Paper)

All of these in a 3 year period on just a handheld, if you count the wii and wiiu then in a 3 year period they released a whopping 19 directly mario related games.

Mario, as a basis for a game, is the most milked franchise of all time, deal with it.

Took the liberty of some minor corrections for ya there.

Just because something is a spinoff does not mean it does not contribute towards oversaturating a market, if anything it contributes more towards it.

You can sit there being pedantic about 'proper' mario vs spinoff all you want but the fact remains that game was created with mario in, spinoff or not thw character is used as a marketing tool and thus a part of a franchise, as such directly contributes to the saturation of said market by said overused character.

If sony were pusjing out uncharted driving games, fighting games, 'drakes party', 'elenas fashion boutique', uncharted chess, dr sully and so on, you'd all cry from the rooftops at how sony was milking the shit out of the franchise but then you sit there with a straight face expecting mario to get a free pass, well it doesnt.

Its an overmilked franchise, has been since the snes, always will be because its all nintendo knows, if all else fails push out more mario.

I know many will hate me because this (or hate me more), but right now people interested in Mario has a bundle with NSMBU and NSLU. Why would they want another Mario that looks and plays similar to those ones?

There's no need to buy another one. Maybe the 3D Mario I speculate can give a different impression and be enough different for people to buy it.

I was expecting this - Super Mario 3D World is incredibly good, but no single game is going to save Wii U. For now we'll have to be content with the console gaining some traction in the US, then wait and see how much of an impact that 2014's releases have.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Dude the title has "MARIO" in it..... Mario Kart. Kart game with mario/ A Mario game with Karts. 

Mario game.

Mario 3D sales shouldn't be cause for half as much worry as the fact that the Wii U has such a large percentage of its sales in NA, with Black Friday being past, we're going to see a pretty sizeable drop, perhaps with Europe providing 48-55k, Japan at 35-40k-ish and NA with 65-80k and a global total around 150-180, could go over but it would be a fairly typical December rise in percentages. November NPD will not be a pleasant read.
Then again, there are those stating it will go into and stay at the 350k + mark starting December 1st.

Mario 3D isn't a flop, it's just not frontloaded like 2D Mario (to a greater extent, 2D Mario also has great legs). However, it's hard to see how Mario Kart and Smash will drive sales enormously, even teamed with the rest of the gang if price cuts (that saw global weekly numbers dropping back to normal within a few weeks and Japan numbers went down at the beginning of November) 3D Mario, massive bundling and a super sized advertising campaign could only manage a 274k top week, this might have been the best week we'll see this season, or at least very close.

Mario is fine, Europe and Japan numbers are not, people are saying that "it's all good, it has Japan all to itself" but that's a strange way of seeing things. If numbers are this low now, they are bound to become even worse with actual competition. Being this heavily dependant on the American market is not a good thing, especially with Sony and MS making such a large push to capture that market, and the Xbox brand is particularly strong there (right alongside the 7th gen market leader in that region now).