By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smeags Hype Thread: Are You Hyped?

Tagged games:

Are You Excited?

Yes, very! 62 68.89%

Kind of. 10 11.11%

Neutral. 8 8.89%

Not at all! (What's wrong with you?) 10 11.11%

Total:90

December 13th can't get here soon enough.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Recon1O1 said:
Damn straight. Still wish they'd just made 2 movies or put out one every six months. The 3 will probably take longer to get through than the book.

I'll be going to a theater but probably a matinee between XMas and New Year. It should be better. Mirkwood and the Elf Kingdom are decent settings and Legolas will be a plus.

How would putting one out every six months work? I don't really understand the idea.

Just actually finished watching the Hobbit on Xfinity.com so yeah I am beyond pumped.

NintendoPie said:
Wright said:

No.

Wat. I need an explanation, Wright. At least Orniletter gave one.

I am not hyped, I mean. I am going to see it, I'm just not expecting anything from the movie.

They took too many changes from the original source, and for the media's sake I can respect that. But yet again, I don't think this will be a faithful adaptation. Putting that aside, this movie will probably entertain.

Wright said:

I am not hyped, I mean. I am going to see it, I'm just not expecting anything from the movie.

They took too many changes from the original source, and for the media's sake I can respect that. But yet again, I don't think this will be a faithful adaptation. Putting that aside, this movie will probably entertain.

Did you see An Unexpected Journey? And, putting aside the additions, did you like it?

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

Did you see An Unexpected Journey? And, putting aside the additions, did you like it?

Yeah.

You know, I didn't understand that whole 48fps issue that people had before the first Hobbit movie came out. Now I know better. I had more of a headache (mostly in my eyes) from watching that movie and strying to keep up with everything going to fast on the screen than I do when I watch 3d movies. My eyes shouldn't hurt when I watch a movie so I will wait until this movie comes out on dvd until I give it a try (and if it hurts my eyes then I'll be done with this trilogy based on 1 book).

Day 1 IMAX where I am at

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Dulfite said:

You know, I didn't understand that whole 48fps issue that people had before the first Hobbit movie came out. Now I know better. I had more of a headache (mostly in my eyes) from watching that movie and strying to keep up with everything going to fast on the screen than I do when I watch 3d movies. My eyes shouldn't hurt when I watch a movie so I will wait until this movie comes out on dvd until I give it a try (and if it hurts my eyes then I'll be done with this trilogy based on 1 book).

I can't really comment on the 48 FPS situation since I saw AUJ on Blu-Ray, but was it really that bad? Did you see it in IMAX/IMAX 3D or did you just see it in 3D?

Hell hyped!