By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do Some Of You Guys Think Grand Theft Auto V Deserved That GOTY Instead Of The Last Of Us ?

Tagged games:

Well Do You ?

Yes 111 27.54%

No 263 65.26%

Maybe 29 7.20%

Total:403

Although I wanted The Last of Us to win, being a new IP and clearly more innovative than GTA, I'm okay with GTA winning awards as it's a spectacular accomplishment of gaming. As long as Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed, those yearly installments, lose than I'm good.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

They both deserved it, but TLoU deserved it more. GTA5 is essentially the same game repacked with pretier graphics.

Nem said:
They both deserved it, but TLoU deserved it more. GTA5 is essentially the same game repacked with pretier graphics.

So I'm guessing you didn't even play it...

Wright said:

So, fuck Tomb Raider? The best reboot in years? Insane game full with content as well?

i loved tomb raider, i enjoyed it a lot. but TLoU was the better game. and a lot better. im not saying this because im sony biased, but because thats what it really is. TR was a great game, TLoU was a fantastic one. 

For me super mario 3d world deserved GOTY

Around the Network

I'm fine with the choice that was made. If the awards were reversed i'd still be fine with it. They're both well deserving games of either award and the fact that both were recognized in some way was great.

GTA V was the safe and obvious choice for clicks and not upsetting too many f**boys. This is why GOtY has become mostly useless over the past decade or so.

Is GTA V my personal GOtY? No, not even close. The Last of Us is probably closer but no cigar.

Undoubtedly yes.

GTA V is much more of a game.

I LOVE ICELAND!

It could have gone either way really. Both games deserved the award.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

KungKras said:
Undoubtedly yes.

GTA V is much more of a game.

What do you mean, "much more of a game"?