By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do Some Of You Guys Think Grand Theft Auto V Deserved That GOTY Instead Of The Last Of Us ?

Tagged games:

Well Do You ?

Yes 111 27.54%

No 263 65.26%

Maybe 29 7.20%

Total:403
chocoloco said:

I posted this right before GTA V hit the mass public earlier this year. Lol, so perfect for this thread.

LOL that pretty much sum up to those who vote yes.

Around the Network
Kawaiix33 said:
chocoloco said:

I posted this right before GTA V hit the mass public earlier this year. Lol, so perfect for this thread.

LOL that pretty much sum up to those who vote yes.

You are aware that there are tons of video game awards and  that the world is still spinning?

Yeah i think it was well deserved. In fact i wouldn't mind if any of the nominees got the award...all great games.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

GTA5 was the better game, so deal with it.

So, fuck Tomb Raider? The best reboot in years? Insane game full with content as well?

Around the Network

TLOU actually has more critic wins than GTAV for now but there's still a fuckton to go.

Grand Theft Auto V - 11

The Critics' Picks - 7

The Readers' Picks - 4

The Last of Us - 9

The Critics' Picks - 8

The Readers' Picks - 1

See the full list here:
http://gotypicks.blogspot.se/

(And there's been like 5 Game of the Generation articles published in the recent month whereas TLOU has won those, both from critics and readers xD)

As for VGX.. It never really had a chance. Take a look at the "Council Advisory" and you'll see people who just don't take interest in TLOU.

Panama said:
Remember when people were complaining for years about GTA4 being overrated on Metacritic? GTA5 has it beat in that department. The best damn game in the world could have come out this year but when a new GTA is out it's over don't even bother.

But... but... "the best damn game" ... maybe it really is

Ex Graphics Whore.

Tomb Raider

You're literally asking the most biased people ever right now. GTA V defined gaming this year, broke records, and got tons of attention from every source of entertainment. TLOU was a fantastic story with phenomenal acting and gameplay, but in GTA V you had freedom and adventure with one of the craziest (but oddly realistic) characters in video games.

Maybe they should also have an Award for Exclusive Console Game of the Year because "The Last of Us" would certainly have won that one.