By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best game developers of ALL time?

Ronster316 said:

And sony get all the credit "as usual" for taking  so called risks.

So called risks? Please elaborate.

You might have a point bringing in some older publishers, but recently?

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
STRYKIE said:

Sega AM2 - nobody in their right mind can remotely say they've taken as many risks collectively to achieve their visions and dreams. Nobody.

Edit: Just looking at what they achieved with Shenmue back when the project was planned for the Saturn is eye-twitching.

Keep in mind, this was circa-1996, on the Sega Saturn; a system being slandered for being "bad at 3D":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m6AyA70_dM

Only place around here that i know of that give the SEGA AM divisions the respect they deserve are...... *gasp* NeoGAF.

Just check what SEGA AM1 & AM2 ALONE did from 1990 to 2004.

Plus there were 5 more AM divisions back then, if all those divisions were classed as one, they would have won by a landslide for me (AM2 pipped certain Capcom divisions for my 1st place)

Clearly a lot more younger folk on here.

A lot of SEGA developed Arcade & Dreamcast games were mindblowingly innovative & original.

Agreed. I don't know if the AM studios are my absolute favorite developers so to speak, but if we're talking about THE most talented team and what they brought to the table, I have to give credit where it's due.

All Time? Nintendo without a doubt... How is that even an argument? :/

Currently is a different story cause Nintendo hasn't released many games for the past year so Rockstar North or Naughty Dog but all time, Nintendo hands down

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

STRYKIE said:
Ronster316 said:
STRYKIE said:

Sega AM2 - nobody in their right mind can remotely say they've taken as many risks collectively to achieve their visions and dreams. Nobody.

Edit: Just looking at what they achieved with Shenmue back when the project was planned for the Saturn is eye-twitching.

Keep in mind, this was circa-1996, on the Sega Saturn; a system being slandered for being "bad at 3D":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m6AyA70_dM

Only place around here that i know of that give the SEGA AM divisions the respect they deserve are...... *gasp* NeoGAF.

Just check what SEGA AM1 & AM2 ALONE did from 1990 to 2004.

Plus there were 5 more AM divisions back then, if all those divisions were classed as one, they would have won by a landslide for me (AM2 pipped certain Capcom divisions for my 1st place)

Clearly a lot more younger folk on here.

A lot of SEGA developed Arcade & Dreamcast games were mindblowingly innovative & original.

Agreed. I don't know if the AM studios are my absolute favorite developers so to speak, but if we're talking about THE most talented team and what they brought to the table, I have to give credit where it's due.

You are one of no more than perhaps a dozen regulars tops who give SEGA's AM divisions any credit.

Perhaps if more people actually took a look at the list of games that in particular AM2 & AM7 (i typed AM1 earlier, meant AM7) and a dollop of AM3 made, they might appreciate just how amesome some of the AM divisions were.

Oh well, good to see someone giving them credit STRYKIE.

Valve, Naughty Dog, Bungie, Rockstar

Around the Network

In order
Square Enix
Bungie
Naughty Dog
Namco Bandai
Dice

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
KylieDog said:
Saying 'Nintendo EAD' is almost as bad as saying 'Nintendo'.

Suprise! Most of gaming's premier developers are actually composed of multiple teams working on multiple projects at the same time.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Naughty Dog, no studio ever created different IP's and genre like before and also they made every game success. And media molecules for their creativity.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.