By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best game developers of ALL time?

man bullfrogs syndicate was awesome, its also one of my favs. shame they never made a real second part instead of the 3d stuff

But you know most of them also had many crappy games.

If you just look at the value proposition and the amount of really good stuff they produce, you just have to admit that Nintendo is the best developer.

followed maybe by Sega

Around the Network

squaresoft, monolithsoft (before nintendo bought into them), tri-ace (up to valkyrie profile silmeria)

Nintendo EAD, Blizzard, Valve, Monolith Soft, Game Freak, Bungie, old Sega.

Videokameras said:

man bullfrogs syndicate was awesome, its also one of my favs. shame they never made a real second part instead of the 3d stuff

But you know most of them also had many crappy games.

If you just look at the value proposition and the amount of really good stuff they produce, you just have to admit that Nintendo is the best developer.

followed maybe by Sega

Valve, Westwood, Bioware, Blizzard, Obsidian and Black Isle would disagree with you. You can't force people to "admit" that Nintendo are the best developers in the world on any subjective basis. In terms of renewing themselves, basically kick-starting digital distribution in gaming by themselves, allowing the most just and friendly developer environment the world has ever seen, several genre revolutions, some incredible reviews and audience receptions and overall massive success over the past 12-15 years, Valve is easily bigger than Nintendo on global impact and all forms of value proposition and across many more platforms.

They have had a continous and steep upwards curve on all matters since 1997, almost no one in the world can claim the same, regardless of industry and past endeavours (which is where Nintendo gets the most cred, if we're honest).

Nintendo do things for Nintendo, great things no doubt but it still detracts from their objective and overall value proposition globally. So, no, no one has to admit anything.

2 of my favorite devs who shaped my youth :)
Maybe not the best, but in my eyes they are 

Around the Network

when i look at valve wikipedia i only see 20 different halflife games.

i was talking of the amount of top games. Not only did Nintendo produce the most top games, they also didnt diminish in quality 30 years of making top games, who else comes even close it.

Not to mention greatest jump an run franchise Mario!!!

greatest adventure franchise Zelda!!!

greatest Kart game Mario Kart!!!

I mean if you just look at the sheer quality of the amount of games Nintendo produces, there is absolutly no1 that comes close!!!!

Videokameras said:

when i look at valve wikipedia i only see 20 different halflife games.

i was talking of the amount of top games. Not only did Nintendo produce the most top games, they also didnt diminish in quality 30 years of making top games, who else comes even close it.

Not to mention greatest jump an run franchise Mario!!!

greatest adventure franchise Zelda!!!

greatest Kart game Mario Kart!!!

I mean if you just look at the sheer quality of the amount of games Nintendo produces, there is absolutly no1 that comes close!!!!

You forgot to add; "in my opinion". The fact that you looked up Valve on Wikipedia and see them only as "the guys who made Half-Life" shows the extent of your knowledge.

Bioware and Bungie are at the top of my list

Mummelman what other franchise that lasted for as long as Mario can compete with it in quality over the entire time??

Same goes for MArio Kart and Zelda...

Name one.

I would also have added Fzero if i went by my opinion, because to me its way better than wipeout but because its just my opinion i left it out.

Nintendo!!!