By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best game developers of ALL time?

always Nintendo

then Insomniac, Bethesda, Naughty Dog, Namco

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Nintendo EAD and Retro Studios.

There have been a few development studios under Midway (including several Midway Studios) that have made some of my favorite games of all time - NHL Hitz, NBA Jam/Hangtime, etc. Seeing that publisher go under made me sad.

I'd also like to list Capcom Studios 4, and SCE Japan.  And of course Nintendo has had their own in-house development teams from the beginning, all of which I'm a big fan of.

As for current indie teams, ThatGameCompany, Playdead, and The Fullbright Company have my full attention!

TheShape31 said:

There have been a few development studios under Midway (including several Midway Studios) that have made some of my favorite games of all time - NHL Hitz, NBA Jam/Hangtime, etc. Seeing that publisher go under made me sad.

I'd also like to list Capcom Studios 4, and SCE Japan.  And of course Nintendo has had their own in-house development teams from the beginning, all of which I'm a big fan of.

As for current indie teams, ThatGameCompany, Playdead, and The Fullbright Company have my full attention!

Nice to see another fan of Hangtime :) It often gets lost in the shadow of NBA Jam. I loved the character customization options.

Nintendo
Sega (seriously the first shinobi is still one of the best games of all time )

Origin before it was bought

Around the Network

Naughty Dog is stealing slowly the spot from Nintendo away.
Nintendo surely did great things in the past and defined the Industry but they are dropping the Ball to often recently.

Naughty God saved the Gaming Industry and Sony alone in the Last Gen.
They always were talented and created awesome games but they just stepped their game for 500% up and showed the industry what is possible and flashed everyone away.And they did hold the quality the whole time and seem to improve even further.
I think Nintendo on a good day is the only one who could rival Naughty Dog right now but somehow they are messing up.A SNES Style Donkey Kong with some old Kong with a stick isn't really the ultra hyped up world premiere people wanted.

Nintendo EAD
Naughty Dog
Bungie
Valve
Blizzard
Black Isle
Squaresoft

All instantly spring to mind.

Nintendo EAD
Rareware
Naughty Dog

how could Naughty dog save the game industry, i play my entire life and havent played a single game from naughty.

besides if someone saved sony or microsoft it just has to be activision...

Valve

Blizzard

Nintendo

Obsidian

Black Isle Studio

IO Interactive

Westwood Studios

Bullfrog

Atari

CD Projekt

Naughty Dog

Firaxis

Bioware

Free Radical

Rare

Konami

Namco

Polyphony Digital

Interplay

In not particular order, I would probably put Westwood, Valve and Bioware at the very top.