By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best game developers of ALL time?

Rare of the 90s would be up there, but they haven't made a good game in 12 years now.

Around the Network

Mark Cerny's studio and Sony Japan, it takes a lot of skill and talent to create a masterpiece such as Knack.

Cj2i3 said:
Mark Cerny's studio and Sony Japan, it takes a lot of skill and talent to create a masterpiece such as Knack.

Seems Cerny should stick to hardware and leave software to the experts.

curl-6 said:
Cj2i3 said:

After that masterful piece of work he made?

Cj2i3 said:
curl-6 said:
Cj2i3 said:

After that masterful piece of work he made?

Okay, my sarcasm compass is spinning in a circle right now, even irl I'm awful at telling if people are serious or not... XD

Around the Network
STRYKIE said:

Sega AM2 - nobody in their right mind can remotely say they've taken as many risks collectively to achieve their visions and dreams. Nobody.

Edit: Just looking at what they achieved with Shenmue back when the project was planned for the Saturn is eye-twitching.

Keep in mind, this was circa-1996, on the Sega Saturn; a system being slandered for being "bad at 3D":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m6AyA70_dM

Only place around here that i know of that give the SEGA AM divisions the respect they deserve are...... *gasp* NeoGAF.

Just check what SEGA AM1 & AM2 ALONE did from 1990 to 2004.

Plus there were 5 more AM divisions back then, if all those divisions were classed as one, they would have won by a landslide for me (AM2 pipped certain Capcom divisions for my 1st place)

Clearly a lot more younger folk on here.

And sony get all the credit "as usual" for taking  so called risks.

A lot of SEGA developed Arcade & Dreamcast games were mindblowingly innovative & original.

Pezus your profile pic is killing me...I'm changing mine soon cause I'm jealous

OT: Rockstar, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, (After the release of Titanfall and Destiny soon Bungie might be on this list too)

Rockstar North for all time, even before they were bought by Rockstar they made decent shit.

Right now, probably Level 5.

Squaresoft

No first parties included
NES - (basides Nintendo) Capcom
SNES/Sega Gen - Square
N64/PS1 - Rare
XB/PS2/GC - SquareEnix
360/PS3/Wii - Ubisoft