By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is PS+ really that great? (PS+ vs Netflix)

Bristow9091 said:

... Where do you get this 20 games from?

PS+ gives you a minimum of two games per month, it's been out for over two years now, that's a minimum of 48 right there... some months you can get 3+ (Pretty sure we've had 5-6 games some months) games, plus free DLC too... and the other features you get included.

It's 4 games a month, one for each week. Sometimes it becomes 5-7 for special months .

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
SxyxS said:
A not really smart question.
Yes ps+ is really great but that does not mean that greater things/offers in universe don't exist+
your comparison isn't really good if i'd understood your netflix explanation.It's like comparing apples and tomatoes.

in ps+ you ad every month several new games.
Netflix offers you 20 movies per month?/!

with ps+ you will add 20 games in a short period of time and you can play them all whenever you want(right know you can choose among more than 100 if you started being member from the beginnngand play them all whenever you want.

Netflix just 20.
+ netflix should be compared with gaikai:Gaikai will offer you a gaming flatrate(i think so) where you can choose for a certain amount of money + if sony is not stupid they may offer you a combined superflatrate(gaming+music+ movies)

Your comparison ps+ vs pc is no good either.It is like comparing netflix with free tv and netflix is horribly expensive compared to free tv.

I guess you never tried Netflix it has a lot more content then anything else you can get for $8/month.

no i didn't.it does not exist in my country 

but as you can read i didn't really criticized netflix,maybe it's the best deal in universe(after my music unlimited deal :10bucks for a year i got from ps+)and i think it is very good deal ;1movie for 40cents,but if you compare time/value and the fact that a game has 6hours+ average ps+ isn't that bad.

i still hope sony will offer a gaikai flatrate(netflix like) games/music/movies for ca 20 bucks a month.

veritaz said:
Osc89 said:
Legend11 said:

Lets start with the number of titles available, Netflix US has 10186 movies/shows available compared to 20 for PS+.  Imagine what people would say about Netflix if it only offered 20 titles to choose from (or even 200 for that matter).  Yet PS+ gets away with offering just 20 titles and not only that, you need to own all three of their systems to play them all.

Well PS+ gave you (51/795=0.064) 6.4% of the PS3 library in 2012, and Netflix gives you (10186/377013=0.027) 2.7% of the film/TV library (using Wikipedia and IMDB). This means PS+ is worth about 237% of Netflix before taking into account price. One year of Netflix is $71.88 and one year of PS+ is $49.99, which means PS+ is worth 341% of Netflix.

That is as close as I can get to making this a fair comparison, and it is pretty clear PS+ comes out on top.

You just made me love PS+ more, -__- how dare you put the value in perspective?

I was thinking of adding the relative price of games compared to films, and how PS+ increases in value, but I felt bad for Netflix :(

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Automatic updates alone make PS+ worth it. My PS3 updates itself (the games, apps, system, etc) while I'm at work. It's amazing!

I had PS+ for about a week, and it's alright so far. I like that I'm able to play Binary Domain again, but the other games that are available to download for free don't interest me much.

Chris Hu said:

XBox live is no longer a very poor value you have games with Gold on the 360 and soon on X1 and unlike PSN+ you get to keep your games when your subscibtion runs out.

The games they are giving for free can be bought for 2 bucks..........sorry it's still horrendous value.

Around the Network

I used to think PS+ instant game collection thing was just a gimmick but after switching to a PS4 and having 2 games right infront of me included in my PS+ membership I really changed my opinion. I also got a PS vita and my god does Gravity Rush look beautiful. I would never have thought that I would have bought Resogun, Gravity rush or Contrast and frankly I rank those three A LOT higher than my horrendous experience in KZ:SF that game may look beautiful but both MP and SP is such a mess.

So to the OP I don't think you can compare Netflix to PS+, they basically aren't the same thing(I subscribe to both because I like both). A better comparison would be regular TV vs Netflix and PS+ vs Live.

So answer to your question in thread name is simply absolutely yes!

Panicnausia said:
Chris Hu said:

XBox live is no longer a very poor value you have games with Gold on the 360 and soon on X1 and unlike PSN+ you get to keep your games when your subscibtion runs out.

The games they are giving for free can be bought for 2 bucks..........sorry it's still horrendous value.

Dead Rising 2 is still $14.99 used at gamestop and that was one of the recent games they gave away and the two games they gave away last month Iron Brigade and A World of Keflings are still both $9.99 on XBLA.  The only game that you may find easily for 2 two bucks that they gave away for free is Crackdown but even that is still $2.99 at gamestop. 

Chris Hu said:
Panicnausia said:
Chris Hu said:

Dead Rising 2 is still $14.99 used at gamestop and that was one of the recent games they gave away and the two games they gave away last month Iron Brigade and A World of Keflings are still both $9.99 on XBLA.  The only game that you may find easily for 2 two bucks that they gave away for free is Crackdown but even that is still $2.99 at gamestop. 

Wrong the original Gears of war, Rainbow six and more (google it), you can literally get them for 2 bucks, and they are very old. Plus give you games that  are still pretty new (LIke grid 2 this month).  There really isn't much value compated to plus. Grid 2 alone still goes for 40-50 bucks.

Gamestop is a massive ripoff, DR2 can be had for much less, and is pretty old.

Gamestop might be a huge rip off but its the easiest way to find a used game you want to buy sure you can find most of the games cheaper somewhere else but gamestop is usually the most convenient option for most people shopping around for a better deal will cost you a lot more extra money in gas a lot of times.  Also Grid 2 is actually $34.99 used at gamestop but like you said yourself you can find it cheaper somewhere else.

How can you compare a game to movies or TV shows?!
TV shows/ movies are over in 1 or 2 hours normally.
Games can last anywhere from 5 to 10 hours to 100's of hours. Not the same thing!

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018