By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is PS+ really that great? (PS+ vs Netflix)

Apples vs oranges!

Seriously, way too different to compare. Movies are cheaper, shorter, and often arent repeatedly viewed. Closest thing to compare ps+ to is actually gamefly. Why not make that comparison?

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Panicnausia said:

It's better then xbox live that's all I know. Comparing netflix to a game service? Netflix gets the shows after they have already aired...................Usually quite awhile later.

There is more to plus then the games...The auto updates, cloud saving for cross plat like MLB the show and other benefits as well.

What's hilarious is having to bring up netflix, which it is not even in competition with....Trying to deflect the attention away from Live?

Tell Sony to get ESPN app to save me from subbing to cable then we'll talk about it.

Then who talked about Live?

Now wait a minute - don't you already need a cable subscription to watch ESPN on the ESPN app? I don't know - I thought that was the case.

Goatseye said:
Panicnausia said:

It's better then xbox live that's all I know. Comparing netflix to a game service? Netflix gets the shows after they have already aired...................Usually quite awhile later.

There is more to plus then the games...The auto updates, cloud saving for cross plat like MLB the show and other benefits as well.

What's hilarious is having to bring up netflix, which it is not even in competition with....Trying to deflect the attention away from Live?

Tell Sony to get ESPN app to save me from subbing to cable then we'll talk about it.

Live is the onlt competitor to PS plus.. Tell Ms to stop hiding netflix behind a paywall and then we can talk.

sorry but i dont get it )=

Your comparison is stupid, you know it and this is a joke thread, or some people still don't understand how the service works. You can add all 20 of those games to your library and can play them as much as you want for as long as you're subscribed. The following month, lets say 10 games leave the collection and 10 games join, you do not lose those 10 games that left. You've only gained 10. You've now gotten 30 games for 50 bucks and you've got 10 more months of games coming before your subscription is up. 

When it's up, you renew if you so desire, and all the games you've amassed during the last subscription will be available to you again.

EDITED

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
pokoko said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Let us compare now PSplus to a banana pie, the banana pie is delicious and you can eat it, the PSplus, you can´t! Therefore, PSplus sucks. Banana pie for the win.

That's a good point.  It seems the bar is set low for both PS+ AND Netflix users, as neither taste nearly as good as a banana pie.

I think the OP needs to update his post.

Pumpkin Pie > Banana Woman's Pie ;(

I won't argue that.  However, if you're going to be a woman about this, then why not bring Sweet Potato Pie into the mix?  That would blow your lame Pumpkin Pie off the plate.  Also, if we're following the OP's logic, we really should be comparing your Pumpkin Pie to a Philly Cheese-steak.

Figgycal said:
Goatseye said:

Now wait a minute - don't you already need a cable subscription to watch ESPN on the ESPN app? I don't know - I thought that was the case.

Xfinity internet suffices.

Panicnausia said:
Goatseye said:

Live is the onlt competitor to PS plus.. Tell Ms to stop hiding netflix behind a paywall and then we can talk.

OP didn't mention Live.

BasilZero said:
pokoko said:

I won't argue that.  However, if you're going to be a woman about this, then why not bring Sweet Potato Pie into the mix?  That would blow your lame Pumpkin Pie off the plate.  Also, if we're following the OP's logic, we really should be comparing your Pumpkin Pie to a Philly Cheese-steak.

Damn! Thats like comparing a Movie service to a gaming service....oh wait. l0l.

Anyways, you sir are a pieist ;(

(Also eww Sweet Potato pie, hate that XD).

You are dead to me.

Again.

I just remembered that you were already supposed to be dead to me for not playing Suikoden.  Now you're like double-dead to me.

Am I really a pieist, though?  Hm.  That would explain why I kept trying to get NinPie banned--interesting!

Legend11 said:

So I keep seeing some people rave about how great PS+ is and it has me thinking about how we as console gamers have a very low bar set when it comes to getting value for our money.  It's very obvious to every console gamer that buys new games that we don't get anywhere near the same value for our money that PC gamers do.  So it's surprising that some people don't see the same situation for PS+ since an even bigger gap exist in value when comparing it to other subscription rental services.

To illustrate this point here's a comparison between PS+ and Netflix.

Lets start with the number of titles available, Netflix US has 10186 movies/shows available compared to 20 for PS+.  Imagine what people would say about Netflix if it only offered 20 titles to choose from (or even 200 for that matter).  Yet PS+ gets away with offering just 20 titles and not only that, you need to own all three of their systems to play them all.

Then there's the amount of exclusive content you get with the services.  For Netflix you're looking at new seasons of exclusive TV shows that cost 10-30+ million to make.  For PS+ you're looking at a couple of indie games that might cost a few million to make at best.  In fact PS+ would have to step up its game considerably considering Netflix is investing even more heavily into exclusive content and will have even more new TV series in the future.

I know some people are going to want to compare PS+ to Xbox Live (very poor value) but it doesn't change anything except to show another case where we as console gamers should be demanding far more than what we're getting for out money.

Why are you shitting on PS+ if you dont even follow what kind of games they're giving away? Most have been recent AAA games. So much ignorance here and its tiring to see people's 2 cents on stuff they know nothing about.