By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is PS+ really that great? (PS+ vs Netflix)

Panicnausia said:

Conversations evolve..........................crazy I know.

Converseption...

But really though, respect the Op. Some people might get offended.

Around the Network

20 titles? you don't use PS+ do you?

Goatseye said:
Panicnausia said:

Conversations evolve..........................crazy I know.

Converseption...

But really though, respect the Op. Some people might get offended.

Respect when he says things right off the bat that are totally incorrect? Like ps plsu only gives a few indie games?Respect is earned not given. He has certainly not earned it with this thread. He is ill-informed or trolling, either one is not very good.

Panicnausia said:

Respect when he says things right off the bat that are totally incorrect? Like ps plsu only gives a few indie games?Respect is earned not given. He has certainly not earned it with this thread. He is ill-informed or trolling, either one is not very good.

Chill man, it should've been just a nice web conversation.

Osc89 said:
Legend11 said:

Lets start with the number of titles available, Netflix US has 10186 movies/shows available compared to 20 for PS+.  Imagine what people would say about Netflix if it only offered 20 titles to choose from (or even 200 for that matter).  Yet PS+ gets away with offering just 20 titles and not only that, you need to own all three of their systems to play them all.

Well PS+ gave you (51/795=0.064) 6.4% of the PS3 library in 2012, and Netflix gives you (10186/377013=0.027) 2.7% of the film/TV library (using Wikipedia and IMDB). This means PS+ is worth about 237% of Netflix before taking into account price. One year of Netflix is $71.88 and one year of PS+ is $49.99, which means PS+ is worth 341% of Netflix.

That is as close as I can get to making this a fair comparison, and it is pretty clear PS+ comes out on top.

You just made me love PS+ more, -__- how dare you put the value in perspective?

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Panicnausia said:

Chill man, it should've been just a nice web conversation.

I am chill, but thanks for your concern.

XBox live is no longer a very poor value you have games with Gold on the 360 and soon on X1 and unlike PSN+ you get to keep your games when your subscibtion runs out.

A not really smart question.
Yes ps+ is really great but that does not mean that greater things/offers in universe don't exist+
your comparison isn't really good if i'd understood your netflix explanation.It's like comparing apples and tomatoes.

in ps+ you ad every month several new games.
Netflix offers you 20 movies per month?/!

with ps+ you will add 20 games in a short period of time and you can play them all whenever you want(right know you can choose among more than 100 if you started being member from the beginnngand play them all whenever you want.

Netflix just 20.
+ netflix should be compared with gaikai:Gaikai will offer you a gaming flatrate(i think so) where you can choose for a certain amount of money + if sony is not stupid they may offer you a combined superflatrate(gaming+music+ movies)

Your comparison ps+ vs pc is no good either.It is like comparing netflix with free tv and netflix is horribly expensive compared to free tv.

Chris Hu said:

XBox live is no longer a very poor value you have games with Gold on the 360 and soon on X1 and unlike PSN+ you get to keep your games when your subscibtion runs out.

Glad they started doing it, to bad it's been anything but good so far. I have faith they can make games with gold better though because so far games with gold is still a very poor value, especially compared to plus.

SxyxS said:
A not really smart question.
Yes ps+ is really great but that does not mean that greater things/offers in universe don't exist+
your comparison isn't really good if i'd understood your netflix explanation.It's like comparing apples and tomatoes.

in ps+ you ad every month several new games.
Netflix offers you 20 movies per month?/!

with ps+ you will add 20 games in a short period of time and you can play them all whenever you want(right know you can choose among more than 100 if you started being member from the beginnngand play them all whenever you want.

Netflix just 20.
+ netflix should be compared with gaikai:Gaikai will offer you a gaming flatrate(i think so) where you can choose for a certain amount of money + if sony is not stupid they may offer you a combined superflatrate(gaming+music+ movies)

Your comparison ps+ vs pc is no good either.It is like comparing netflix with free tv and netflix is horribly expensive compared to free tv.

I guess you never tried Netflix it has a lot more content then anything else you can get for $8/month.