By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry vs SM3DWorld. Those framerate drops...

pezus said:
Euphoria14 said:
Nsanity said:
Is the game 720P? because it looked a little blurry at times on my friends TV.

From what i've heard, yes it is.

Fuck, I was lead to believe it was 1080p60fps

Nintendo announced that it ws 720p/60fps back in October.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Not impressed. It is a Mario game. Did anyone seriously think that this game would run at only 30FPS? Let us compare the looks of this game vs Ryse, or Killzone or crap EVEN COD Ghosts is a better looking game. No offense but Mario doesn't exactly push the boundaries of graphics.

NintenDO what the others don't ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Euphoria14 said:

Those framerate drops are nowhere to be seen, all while running at a super smooth 60fps.

A game that could easily run on the Wii aside from being in HD, I sure hope it could run at 60fps. 

Here's an image of Super Mario Galaxy upscaled to 720p on the Dolphin Emulator.  If comparing to the Wii and not an upscaled image, resolution aside, Super Mario Galaxy looks a whole hell of a lot better than Super Mario 3D World. 

kupomogli said:
Euphoria14 said:

Those framerate drops are nowhere to be seen, all while running at a super smooth 60fps.

A game that could easily run on the Wii aside from being in HD, I sure hope it could run at 60fps. 

Here's an image of Super Mario Galaxy upscaled to 720p on the Dolphin Emulator.  If comparing to the Wii and not an upscaled image, resolution aside, Super Mario Galaxy looks a whole hell of a lot better than Super Mario 3D World. 

You just need to look at the picture to see how it wouldn't have been able to run on Wii no matter what. Aside from the total lack of shadowing Galaxy has, geometry wise 3D World is miles above Galaxy, never mind talking about texture resolution. Altough I do find Galaxy better looking in the end, since 3D World has this awful bloom all over the place, which looks like something developers would do in 2006 to show all the new shaders HD consoles have.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Euphoria14 said:

Looking at that pic, you'd think so.  I could probably find misleading pics of PS3 games that look like PS4 quality, too.  The thin is, playing it, you see the huge upgrade in virtually every possible way. I'm no graphics whore or anything. Just gotta give credit. Some of it is art style and choice of colors but 3D World looks great. 

kupomogli said:
Euphoria14 said:

Looking at that pic, you'd think so.  I could probably find misleading pics of PS3 games that look like PS4 quality, too.  The thin is, playing it, you see the huge upgrade in virtually every possible way. I'm no graphics whore or anything. Just gotta give credit. Some of it is art style and choice of colors but 3D World looks great. Keep posting that pic and people are going to think Super Mario Galaxy graphics (and its small environments) are HD Twin worthy.

pezus said:

I must've missed that announcement. I think I've also seen some people recently making fun of PS4One (One more so), because Mario was 1080p60fps and many exclusives on PS4One are not (One more so).

Looks good though

Is like Call of Dogs on X1: native 720p upscaled to 1080p

Click HERE and be happy 

Euphoria14 said:
Nsanity said:

It's 1080p.

pezus said:
Euphoria14 said:
Nsanity said:

Fuck, I was lead to believe it was 1080p60fps

Don't worry, you believed right.