By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: "I don't know why Iwata is still employed"

Aside from the whole "LOL Pachter is an Idiot"-circlejerk, why do you think Iwata isn't fired yet? Or to ask the question differently, why do you think Iwata is still the right CEO for Nintendo?

Because he was CEO during the Wii and DS days? Past glory should never be a reason to keep someone a CEO of a multibillion dollar company.

Because he turned the 3DS around? Nintendo made the thing cheaper and released its standard suite of games for it plus more or less the same type of third party games the DS had as well, the only ingenious thing was securing MH4 exclusively on it. There was literally nothing about that that any other CEO couldn't have figured out as well.

Now look at the Wii U, Nintendo is trying the exact same tactic as with the 3DS (minus third party game) and the success is moderate, to put it mildly. Nintendo the way it is right now has no idea how to fix the Wii U, because they simple don't seem to be able to think out of the box. If Iwata and the rest of the high ups at Nintendo aren't able to do that and if the stockholders of Nintendo want the Wii U to be something else than just a second GC, than they need to get some new people in charge.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

Aside from the whole "LOL Pachter is an Idiot"-circlejerk, why do you think Iwata isn't fired yet? Or to ask the question differently, why do you think Iwata is still the right CEO for Nintendo?

Because he was CEO during the Wii and DS days? Past glory should never be a reason to keep someone a CEO of a multibillion dollar company.

Because he turned the 3DS around? Nintendo made the thing cheaper and released its standard suite of games for it plus more or less the same type of third party games the DS had as well, the only ingenious thing was securing MH4 exclusively on it. There was literally nothing about that that any other CEO couldn't have figured out as well.

Now look at the Wii U, Nintendo is trying the exact same tactic as with the 3DS (minus third party game) and the success is moderate, to put it mildly. Nintendo the way it is right now has no idea how to fix the Wii U, because they simple don't seem to be able to think out of the box. If Iwata and the rest of the high ups at Nintendo aren't able to do that and if the stockholders of Nintendo want the Wii U to be something else than just a second GC, than they need to get some new people in charge.

A company can't turn on a dime, you know. Acting like Nintendo can just "change everything" at the drop of a hat, if only they had better leadership, is really not the case.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

PS4 is only winning because of price.
SO then why did ps3 win while nearly always 200$ more?

theprof00 said:

the ps3 won something?

Giving games away for free will generate huge revenue...

I am more shocked this dude still has a job.
He knows he has a fan base from 1 platform and he simply says what they want to hear even if it has no merit.

Around the Network

Says the guy who said Wii LT will be 18M?

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

MohammadBadir said:
theprof00 said:

the ps3 won something?

my heart

I just mean they outsold the 360, Duhhh

MohammadBadir said:
theprof00 said:

the ps3 won something?

Second place.

I think Pachter will be surprised at how short the 8th gen will be and how flat the sales curve of the 8th gen consoles will be compared to the 7th gen.
I think he will also be surprised when the One and PS4 don't get over 200 million sales combined and probably a number a lot closer to the current 7th gen HD consoles, perhaps even a little bit lower.

He is the last person that could question why anyone is still employed.