By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: "I don't know why Iwata is still employed"

Weedlab said:
domflo said:
Weedlab said:

Poor comparison since Kaz is the CEO of Sony, the much wider group, and his actions have been helpful to that group rather than pernicious (unlike other decision makers). Nice try though.

When the Vita came out he was CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, so pretty much what Iwata is as CEO of Nintendo Co., ltd. right now.

That does not alter the fact that the net result of his decision making has been positive as opposed to the net result with the decision making taking place at Nintendo. It's not just signing off on a product, but how you handle it in the aftermath. You can point your finger at Sony for some things pertaining to the Vita, but for every finger you point there are 10 more waiting to show Nintendo's bad decision making.

I am aware of that, but the point is that Pachter is ignoring certain aspects of the industry to come to this conclusion (the handheld industry, to be precise), exactly what we just did with pointing our finger at Hirai. I don't think that either of them should be fired, it just makes clear how much of an ignorant Pachter is.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

Around the Network

this guy is such a douche.

Feeling's mutual, Mike.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

LOL I think the DS burned him pretty hard this week,
then again does he get fired if he makes one silly analysis?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Weedlab said:
DanneSandin said:
Weedlab said:
Nintendo needs to be reshuffled at the top. Plain and simple. They're a great company with great products (by that I mean IPs), but the decisions they've been making have been ridiculous (to say the least). I can't say I disagree with Pachter here. Sony gave Ken Kutaragi and other slackers the boot - Ninty should do the same,

Yeah, Sony should totally fire Kaz Hirai! He's the one responseble for the Vita, and that's arguably an even bigger flop than Wii U! Off with his head!

Poor comparison since Kaz is the CEO of Sony, the much wider group, and his actions have been helpful to that group rather than pernicious (unlike other decision makers). Nice try though.

I see domflo already replied to this. But yeah, Kaz has done some really great things for Sony. But so did Iwata with the DS and the Wii - he lead Nintendo in their most profitable era, ever. And he turned the 3DS around. But that's kind of the point I was trying to make; Iwata failed with the Wii U (after having a VERY successful period with DS/Wii), and should get fired, while Hirai failed with the Vita and gets promoted- and Pachter has no problems at all with that. What gives?

And just to clarify; I actually DON'T think Hirai should get fired.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

While pachter is an idiot, I do agree that nintendo isnt taking advantage of their back catalogue. They dont have to put them on mobile devices like pachter said, but they need to at least put it on their own. After being out for a year, the virtual console on the wii u is just sad...

"Nintendo should put old GameBoy Advance content on phones and tablets for free"

Seriously?

Man....., and I thought that the PS4 was gonna be the winner of the 8th generation *sigh* gotta thank mr. Pachter for that ;_;.

toastboy44562 said:
"Sony thrives, Nintendo doesn't" that should be the new name for the playstationnation thread

It's the new "Sega does what Nintendon't"

Iwata is a decent CEO and a likable guy, and shouldn't be fired.

But he should also have some of his power delegated to a strong Western president who actually knows the Western market and has some authority with marketing and game development.