By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - As a hardcore Nintendo fan, I demand that Nintendo caters to us

1 year later: ''Nintendo to buy Disney Group, Foxconn and Coca-Cola company, reports suggest''

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

As a Nintendo fan myself I can say that 1080p at 60fps simply isnt good enough when we see what the true next gen systems are capable of.

I want experiences like Ryse and Knack on my Nintendo consoles.

Much better than the OP. Does Rol even really try? I think Rol should just go third-party and sell his texts to pezus, Carl2291, d21lewis and pokoko.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Those tablet controllers and lack of third party games really did cater to the hardcore fanbase.

pokoko said:
Arius Dion said:
I thought with the Wii U, Nintendo was catering to you guys.

So they said, though I don't remember a lot of core gamers screaming, "give us a tablet controller!"

Lot of controller mockups for the Nintendo home console by hardcore gamers back in days, included a touch screen. Just something i wanted to point out. The casuals couldn't be bothered to go on internet and make controller mockups. You might as well say that core gamers never demanded more Mario as they have grown an allergy to him, just like yourself. 

OT: Fun thread. 

I hope you never get a anywhere near a position to make those kind of decisions. You're being irrational and letting your emotions about Nintendo cloud your judgment.

Around the Network
green_sky said:
pokoko said:
Arius Dion said:

So they said, though I don't remember a lot of core gamers screaming, "give us a tablet controller!"

Lot of controller mockups for the Nintendo home console by hardcore gamers back in days, included a touch screen. Just something i wanted to point out. The casuals couldn't be bothered to go on internet and make controller mockups. You might as well say that core gamers never demanded more Mario as they have grown an allergy to him, just like yourself.

You'll always hate me for that, won't you, deep in your heart?  Let's try to work this out, for the sake of the children.

pokoko said:
Arius Dion said:

Or the touchpad on the PS4 right? I bet I wouldnt find a single complaint from you about it. Certainly nothing about not buying the console because of that gimmick.

As a core gamer, I actually do enjoy new ways of playing.

pokoko said:
green_sky said:
pokoko said:
Arius Dion said:

You'll always hate me for that, won't you, deep in your heart?  Let's try to work this out, for the sake of the children.

Hate is for those we once loved deeply. For us, it was just a hormonal infatuation and children will be fine. Am however, conserned by your obsession with the guy in red hat though. I can't fully blame you. His clan provided you such sublime pleasures that you had to betray them by jumping ship to the other guys. I mean most won't get it and i don't know either but its atleast poetic. 

Well, here's a thought. Do the hardcore Nintendo fans really care about graphics that much?

To me, Nintendo is a lot like Disney. The characters and brands they have are their real main strength.

So in order for Nintendo to really grow, they need to cater to non-Nintendo fans. They need to expand their market. With 2 other companies already going for the gamers who want top notch graphics and play shooters, should they really go after them?

I think that Nintendo should focus on:
1) Strengthening their position with their core group, which are the long time Nintendo fans and children
2) Try to attract other types of adult gamers, by focusing on differentiating genres like JRPGs.

I agree that they should cater to us, but dropping their current console after 3 years would destroy consumer confidence. I think 2017 at the earliest. And that's only once PS4 and X1 have proven that their extra horsepower is able to provide core gameplay experiences which are simply unacheiveable on Wii U.