By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Whats the general opinion on Paper Mario Sticker Star on VGChartz ;O?

Tagged games:

The concept was clever, but in the end it simply wasn't worth pursuing. The sticker album becomes a tedious management sink and boss fights are either:

A) Super easy because you figured out that ONE sticker that completely destroys him AND you happen to have it in your inventory.

or,

B) Incredibly tedious as you slowly burn through your entire stock of stickers oh you didn't bring enough guess you get to die and reload and go home and do some shopping and then come back and start the tedious process all over again.

Did I mention this game was tedious? Not quite as tedious as an MMO or Final Fantasy game, but getting there.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

It's  pure garbage.. Thank God I still have the first 3 Paper Mario games..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

famousringo said:
The concept was clever, but in the end it simply wasn't worth pursuing. The sticker album becomes a tedious management sink and boss fights are either:

A) Super easy because you figured out that ONE sticker that completely destroys him AND you happen to have it in your inventory.

Don't forget also knowing WHEN to use the one sticker. After all, you could waste it by using it at the wrong turn, thereby necessating a retreat and wasting either time or coins to get another copy of the sticker before you can try again.

BasilZero said:
zippy said:
I love Paper Mario, but have been on the fence about picking sticker star up. So far in this thread no one is selling it to me :/

It is $10 right now on Walmart lol.

So are you gonna buy it?

I heard is not TTYD-2, neither SPM or the first one. So, no intention on buying it. I don't want to be dissapointed.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

So are you gonna buy it?

I ordered it but wont get it until Dec 16th o.O

I hope you never get it for your sake. :L

BasilZero said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I hope you never get it for your sake. :L

Shaddap woman ;(

I still wanna try it out. Cant be as bad as Mario is Missing and Mario's Time Machine.

Only reason I can't say if that's true or not is because I haven't played those games, but I'll bet there's more of a point in playing them than Sticker Star.

morenoingrato said:

/thread.

Also, I want to add that Miyamoto should be fired for tampering with this game.

Oh Moreno.

It was a fun game for the time I put into it. Which was not much considering I had other, more fun games to put time into.

AKA, it's average to okay.

BasilZero said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Only reason I can't say if that's true or not is because I haven't played those games, but I'll bet there's more of a point in playing them than Sticker Star.

Search it up...there is no point in playing those games...

Mario is Missing was amazing and taught me everything I know about geography.

That's a lie. Carmen Sandiego took care of that.