By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gamers are delusional (controversial opinion)

For me:

PC - Modding community, games like Mount and Blade, Total War that you won't really get on consoles.

Consoles - Couch gaming, local multiplayer/party gaming, Nintendo.

Around the Network
Brutalyst said:

One of the big arguments I see on this forum is how the new console generation is lagging behind the PC generation.

Im sorry, but your delusional if thats what you think is the case.

Seriously? Pretty much everything that is big on consoles was big way before on consoles.

Online gaming, FPSs, WRPGs, streaming, multi tasking, apps, 1080p, 60FPS, digital distribution, indie games. Consoles are copying PCs more and more. Even the bad part like patches, game installation, drivers update (or in consoles case, firmware update).

Anyway, 3DS > "next gen" consoles.

Modding (some mods are much better than original games)
More genres
Keyboard+Mouse
Surround gaming,

Nothing wrong with consoles though, having piece of hardware that you know will be relevant 5 years (or 7-8 in last gen's case) from now is a major plus.

In my humble opinion every "game enthusiast" should have a decent PC. And is not even that expensive. For instance, two years ago I paid less than 100 USD more to buy a notebook with a discrete GPU there was able to reasonably outperform the Xbox360 GPU (and I live in Brazil where every think related to technology is expensive).

About the "elitist" behavior, I think it is because nowadays many people buy consoles to play "PC games" like CoD and its clones, consequently the consoles/PC comparison becomes inevitable. And since Xbone and the PS4 have a more modest hardware when compared to their antecessors (at launch), unfortunately, thinks may get even more bad this gen.

Barozi said:
areason said:
Barozi said:
areason said:

About a year ago league of legends had 32 million + monthly players, since then that number has increased but riot did not publish any official numbers. 

Yeah well pretty sure mobile gaming is beating that easily.

Does angry birds rack in more then 1 billion hours per month, to put that into perspective the whole halo franchise has around 2 billion hours. Do mobile games have esports event at the staples center? Do mobile games have official gaming leagues, do mobile games have players who win more then 600k per year and tens of others within 6 digits.

They don't. 

Now you're just changing the criteria for the meaning of "biggest" game.

First it was most active players, which Angry Birds is easily going to win with 1 billion total owners.
Then you compare a free to play game to retail games ? If CoD was free to play it would absolutely rape LoL. On the other hand if LoL costed $60 or even $40 it wouldn't even be near CoD or GTA or Mario Kart and probably several smaller ones (Halo, Gran Turismo, Elder Scrolls, Smash Bros. etc.).
Profit-wise it's definitely not the "biggest".

I actually think there is very little chance of that.

There isn't really a way to effectivly monetize a realistic FPS in a free to play enviroment to start with.  TF2 only pulls it off due to it's random cartoon style.

Additionally, LoL's stats are just absurb in general from a "Hardcore users" perspective.

Of it's 32 million active players, 12 million play every day.

LoL is greatly served by being fairly unique, and more or less capturing an entire genre.  Much how like pretty much anyone playing a canon game plays angry birds.

Even F2P it isn't going to take players away from other shooters in the west.

Around the Network

I love my PC games, but I also love my other systems. They all have their pros and cons. The only thing I will say is that PC gaming has spoiled me in the sense that the sales are unprecedented, and do not come close to comparing with sales for console games.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

mysticwolf said:
I love my PC games, but I also love my other systems. They all have their pros and cons. The only thing I will say is that PC gaming has spoiled me in the sense that the sales are unprecedented, and do not come close to comparing with sales for console games.

Sales has spoiled all PC gamers. - However we don't save any money though because we just buy a larger volume of games. :P

I still find it hilarious how Console Gamers feel threatened by the PC gamers.
For a long time I watched how Playstation supporters lauded it over Wii and Xbox gamers, but as soon as a PC gamer entered the foray it was no longer relevant to talk about graphics or power, but instead focused on price. (Which the PC is cheaper in the long run.)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

apparently their all about graphics but the most popular PC games look average like WoW, Diablo, starcraft, guild wars, minecraft, DOTA, league of legends.
graphics do matter but to get significant improvements over consoles, and a machine that will last for as long as a console generation, youre looking at spending atleast twice the amount if not more which some people think is worth it, but personally I dont.

kowenicki said:
There is another aspect to this. Take a look at the steam survey hardware survey... you will see how right you are and its not remotely controversial.

I think a lot of PC gamers lie about their "rigs"

Agree with you for a change!

Funny fact : People who prefer less powerful consoles use to bring the PC , like to say " dont care, if i want power, i  buy PC " (most of them wont), but deep inside their heart, they would like their favorite console to be the most powerful and they wouldnt bring the PC if that was the case :p

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m