By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gamers are delusional (controversial opinion)

kowenicki said:
DucksUnlimited said:
kowenicki said:
There is another aspect to this. Take a look at the steam survey hardware survey... you will see how right you are and its not remotely controversial.

I think a lot of PC gamers lie about their "rigs"

I don't know if that's necessarily the case. I think the PC elitists who come out and attack consoles generally do have high performance rigs. They just make up a smaller portion of PC gamers overall than they'd like to believe.

very small.

and 20% of them are already on the OS they would "never" get... Windows 8.

large grain of salt required when listening to them.  but live and let live.

Totally bro.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

Some PC only gamers think they're a master race.

They seem insecure. I've seen these comments on youtube, and on gaming websites. They post "PC master race" on articles about consoles.

Its consoles what brought gaming into the mainstream.

So it's the consoles fault they're full of quick-time events and "Press A to win" and dumbed down gameplay to appease for the lowest common denominator? :P

This speaks for itself.

I won't argue that consoles assisted in making gaming more mainstream and helped with targeting games more towards casuals, but that's not always a good thing either, not to mention Steam didn't exactly take a backseat with that revolution either.

I remember the days where you needed a phone-book sized game manual just to fly a plane in a game or a spaceship, the complexity was astounding back then and when you mastered it you felt like a million bucks.
Not to mention that developers used to be more bold and would even create new genre's, when was the last time you played/saw a game like Battlezone 2 or Sacrifice that blended Real-Time Strategy and First/3rd person action? It's been a long time. - The closest I have seen anyone get was with Sanctum that blended Tower Defense and First Person Shooting, but even that's a far-cry to the games of old.

The sad reality is, people complain when a campaign is too long or the game is too hard these days, so that's brought us the horrible and short and simple campaigns in games like Call of Duty and Battlefield where it's flashy explosions over actuall gameplay substance.
I personally think it will get even worse with this new generation as developers figure out ways to take even more control away from players so all they end up doing is pointing and pressing a button or two and not actually interacting with the world.

That from my perspective is what consoles have done to gaming due to pushing for more mainstream acceptance.

Thankfully the PC has tons of exclusives with actuall depth and replayability, granted such games aren't for everyone that all comes down to personal tastes and opinions as everyone is different.

I'm part of the PC gaming master race for one simple reason. - I don't like compromises in image quality or gameplay.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

PC gaming is about a lot more than graphics. Even if you just have a mid range PC that you also use for every day use, games like Skyrim are endlessly better because of the modding community. You also have the unrivaled multi tasking (i currently have FF14 waiting in the background while i type this and am watching Chuck on my other screen), and let's also not forget the mouse and keyboard.

Of course console gaming can one up the PC in some aspects, but that works both ways. Graphics is just a small part of it, and those of us that choose to spend the money on high end rigs do so for the same reason many people spend several thousand on massive TV's and audio systems. We believe the higher end experience is worth the expense.

Being able to edit and render 1080p video at high speeds is also very nice :P

deskpro2k3 said:

They seem insecure. I've seen these comments on youtube, and on gaming websites. They post "PC master race" on articles about consoles.

90% of people posting "PC master race" are console gamers.

#TRUTHFACT

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
deskpro2k3 said:

90% of people posting "PC master race" are console gamers.

#TRUTHFACT

Master Race Salutations! /highfive!

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
deskpro2k3 said:

So it's the consoles fault they're full of quick-time events and "Press A to win" and dumbed down gameplay to appease for the lowest common denominator? :P

This speaks for itself.

**snip**

I'm part of the PC gaming master race for one simple reason. - I don't like compromises in image quality or gameplay.

Assuming you never played a high profile console game before. Not all have QTEs, just like not all PC games is only point and clicking.

Using your analogy with cars, I'll show you where its flaws are. Anyone can go out and buy a powerful gaming computer, or a 350 horse power luxury sports car if they save up for it. The fact of the matter is roads have speed limits so you may never fully utilize that 350 horse power engine that cost you maybe $200k, and game developers will not fully utilize the power of a PC because not everyone can afford one.

As a matter of fact, PC is trying to appeal to the console gamers. SteamBox AKA Sbox.

You say you don't like compromises, thats fine. Blame game developers.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Pemalite said:
deskpro2k3 said:

This speaks for itself.

**snip**

Assuming you never played a high profile console game before. Not all have QTEs, just like not all PC games is only point and clicking.

Using your analogy with cars, I'll show you where its flaws are. Anyone can go out and buy a powerful gaming computer, or a 350 horse power luxury sports car if they save up for it. The fact of the matter is roads have speed limits so you may never fully utize that 350 horse power engine, and game developers will not fully utilize the power of a PC because not everyone can afford one.

As a matter of fact, PC is trying to appeal to the console gamers. SteamBox AKA Sbox.

You say you don't like compromises, thats fine. Blame game developers.

Well, how about this? My luxury car is hell of a lot more comfortable and accelerates faster than a Toyota and a lot less bumpy due to much better suspension. SteamBox will prolly have configs much stronger than consoles, not that it should be a surprise.

dahuman said:

Well, how about this? My luxury car is hell of a lot more comfortable and accelerates faster than a Toyota and a lot less bumpy due to much better suspension. SteamBox will prolly have configs much stronger than consoles, not that it should be a surprise.

That depends on what Toyota you're compering your Luxury car to. Thats like comparing PCs with PCs.

deskpro2k3 said:
dahuman said:

That depends on what Toyota you're compering your Luxury car to.

Sigh, I wish they still had new Supra level cars in the US, fuck the luxury car then lol, alas, more current Toyotas in the US are jokes, but that's off topic.

dahuman said:
deskpro2k3 said:
dahuman said:

That depends on what Toyota you're compering your Luxury car to.

Sigh, I wish they still had new Supra level cars in the US, fuck the luxury car then lol, alas, more current Toyotas in the US are jokes, but that's off topic.

This thread is now about Cars!