By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gamers are delusional (controversial opinion)

One of the big arguments I see on this forum is how the new console generation is lagging behind the PC generation.

Im sorry, but your delusional if thats what you think is the case.

The argument being PC's are far ahead of what the new PS4 and XBox One are capable of, and yes your right. But they forget the most important thing, we ARE CONSOLE gamers. 

I have both a XBox one and PS4, and im loving them both. I know they dont compete with a high end PC, but they do one thing and thats the only things they do do, they improve on what we had.

I have been playing Battlefield  4 campaign for the last 2 hours on PS4 and you know what my impression is, its that this 'is mediocre, but the graphics are way better than what I had before (before being PS3)).

PC gamers have this elitist attidute that we should have as good as them on this new console release, good for them. I dont agree, all I expect is an improvement from what I had before, and I get that.

I have a good friend who USED to play alot of console games, but he lost interest and now he has the same delusional attitude as the rest of them.

"why would I want to play that, on the PC it has better FPS/RES/Etc etc etc"

Honestly, I couldnt give a shit, I know how much he has paid on that PC to do that, and f**k me its about 5 times as much as I paid on my PS4/XBox One, and you know what my XBox One  and PS4 does that my previous consoles didnt? improved on EVERYTHING!

You know what your PC does when you put your new pieces in, it IMPROVES ON WHAT IT USED TO DO!

There is no difference at a fundamental value, it imprvoes on what it used to do.

Only at console level, for a more affordable price, and for longer amount of time.

Ask yourself one question, if its going back to 1990 or 2005, whats the one reason you paid money out for when the new console/PC part/Processor/GPU... etc etc etc, to improve on WHAT YOU HAD... its to imrpove on what you had before

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Around the Network

I am pc and ps3 (ps4 next year) gamer. But the immature behavior of "some" pc only gamers makes me annoyed. Some points are,

1. Not every gamer owns a gtx titan or gtx 780.

2. Graphics doesnt make a game good.

3. They are avoiding console games because of "poor" graphics yet they call themselves gamer. Many of these graphics lover have no problem playing doom 2 or diablo 2. But all problem is associated with console version.

This is why I like when a pc version of a game gets cancelled. It makes me happy. Seeing their sad comments gives me power.

PS: I dont miss anything. Because I play both in pc and consoles.

kowenicki said:
There is another aspect to this. Take a look at the steam survey hardware survey... you will see how right you are and its not remotely controversial.

I think a lot of PC gamers lie about their "rigs"

Yup. Good point. But they cant hide from their almighty steam survey. lol. Ha ha ha.

Most people forget that high-end PC owners are about as exclusive as WiiU owners right now.

Star Citizen is the only game that is trying to push the hardware, but only because the funding already happened.
The rest is multiplat with some extra effects on the PC but hardly anything that makes someone want to upgrade their PC so that they can get that version.

Therefore it's not important how much ahead the best PCs are currently.

Only thing that PC has is the better and in some cases official support of mods. But even then there are only few games where it actually enhances the experience (Skyrim, Crysis and GTA IV).
But in theory mods on consoles are not impossible if you only think of the famous Dead or Alive nude mods. Just not officially supported (yet).

PC gaming isn't better because of the better graphics. (Though you can have that if you want.)

It's better because it gives greater fidelity of choice and options.

Unless they bungle a port, any game on both console and PC is going to be better on PC due to the mod community.

PC's being the easiest to program for, are always going to be home to the most and best indie games.

And entire genres of games exist on PC. Not to mention the huge backwords capability advantage.

What the steam survey shows is just another superiority of PC gaming. You can spend as much as you want. It doesn't' matter.

Consoles really only have one advantage. Convenience.

Outside that... there really isn't much. Consoles each have their own exclusive games... but PCs end up having their own exclusive genres.

Around the Network

Also Ps3 and Pc here, mainly Pc though, Ps3 is for jrpgs and other console exclusives only. But if my Pc can run a game at higher fps and better graphics than the Ps3 or Ps4 when I get one, why should I settle for that? We arn't delusional at all, its just honest truth really. Pc game performance will always be better than Consoles. Does that mean console games are crap though? No, not at all! But I can agree with people lying about their rigs because the steam survey also revealed alot of information.

I remember my mate payinsg as much for a GPU as I did for PS4 in total, and he brought two of them!!! to run them dual.

For that price I would expect my PS4/XBone to be on the same level. But given the mount I paid, its a sigificant improvement from what I had and im happy with that.

Ernest Hemmingway

As an avid pc gamer one thing console gamers forget is the amazing games we have.

The biggest game on the planet is only on the pc and it is FREE, also pc offers an easy way to multitask and interact with the gaming community. Seconds after playing a match and i can search any gaming subreddit on reddit and do other things.

You're being just as elitist with your stereotypes as the people you're railing against. The things you're accusing "PC gamers" of don't even apply to the majority of PC gamers.

Also, I think your return key is broken.

areason said:
As an avid pc gamer one thing console gamers forget is the amazing games we have.

The biggest game on the planet is only on the pc and it is FREE, also pc offers an easy way to multitask and interact with the gaming community. Seconds after playing a match and i can search any gaming subreddit on reddit and do other things.

I can appreciate the multitasking argument, but how often do you use it?

I've had a high end PC and the answer for me is, hardly at all. If I want to play a game, im playing a game and have no interest in doing other things simultaneously. 

Ernest Hemmingway