By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gamers are delusional (controversial opinion)

pokoko said:
You're being just as elitist with your stereotypes as the people you're railing against. The things you're accusing "PC gamers" of don't even apply to the majority of PC gamers.

Also, I think your return key is broken.

You might be right (except for the return key part, I blame the website! :P).

But I have seen so many post and forums, which all came down to one thing...

"my PC does better than your new 'next gen' console"

and though right, as I was playing my 'next gen' console is that this is way better than what I had before. Which is what we strive for at a fundamental value.

We strive to improve on what we had, at a console level, yes, it may not be at a level your PC is, but for a fraction of the price it still does the same thing your PC does, improve what I had before to a very noticable level. For a far less price and for more years than what the new item in your PC will. Granted the void will get bigger with time, but over a 8 year period a console will cost me a lot less than a PC. 

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Around the Network
Brutalyst said:

I can appreciate the multitasking argument, but how often do you use it?

I've had a high end PC and the answer for me is, hardly at all. If I want to play a game, im playing a game and have no interest in doing other things simultaneously. 

One of my friend calls pc only gamers as petitioners. His point is that pc gamers are always begging for games at petition sites. Even though I disagree with this point but if I utter this to other pc gamers they become angry.

I'm a PC gamer because frankly, it's a far better experience. I've owned dozens of consoles and over a thousand games and I can honestly say that without the PC, I probably wouldn't be gaming at all today. It's not just the graphics, it's the superior frame rates, game prices, game selection, control options, online services, etc...

Also, you bought two launch consoles? What's wrong with you? Your friend bought two video cards that cost as much as the PS4? Are they daft? I need to do an upgrade myself and I expect to pay no more than $500 (taxes and shipping included) and I'll end up with a system that will outperform both the PS4 and XBone. More importantly though, I'll have a lot more to play than Killzone and Forza :P

areason said:
As an avid pc gamer one thing console gamers forget is the amazing games we have.

The biggest game on the planet is only on the pc and it is FREE, also pc offers an easy way to multitask and interact with the gaming community. Seconds after playing a match and i can search any gaming subreddit on reddit and do other things.

Minesweeper ?

kowenicki said:
There is another aspect to this. Take a look at the steam survey hardware survey... you will see how right you are and its not remotely controversial.

I think a lot of PC gamers lie about their "rigs"

I don't know if that's necessarily the case. I think the PC elitists who come out and attack consoles generally do have high performance rigs. They just make up a smaller portion of PC gamers overall than they'd like to believe.

Around the Network
bouzane said:

I'm a PC gamer because frankly, it's a far better experience. I've owned dozens of consoles and over a thousand games and I can honestly say that without the PC, I probably wouldn't be gaming at all today. It's not just the graphics, it's the superior frame rates, game prices, game selection, control options, online services, etc...

Also, you bought two launch consoles? What's wrong with you? Your friend bought two video cards that cost as much as the PS4? Are they daft? I need to do an upgrade myself and I expect to pay no more than $500 (taxes and shipping included) and I'll end up with a system that will outperform both the PS4 and XBone. More importantly though, I'll have a lot more to play than Killzone and Forza :P

Yes, it does improve on all those, but so does our PS4 compared to PS3, or XBox One to XBox 360.

He brought two NVidea GPU's (cant remember the code/exact numnber, over 12 months ago) he had problems running them in unison, caused his PC to overheat.

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

PC gamer come off as elitist because all that "hardcore" console gamers are talking today is about graphics. Judging or dismissing a game based on graphics is the worst thing any respecting gamer can do. PC enthuasists have had PC's that exceed PS4 and Xbone capabilities for some time now. With all the chatter about how amazing killzone/ryse looks and the resolutiongate, making the PS4 sound like it's the god of graphical capabilities on the planet earth, responses of PC gamers are perfectly normal.

Personally, PC and console of choice combo is the way to go this gen, mostly because money invested in PC gear quickly pays off through steam/origin deals. Gamers on a shoe-string budget can make a respectable library, which, thanks to the nature of PC, will be backwards compatible for quite some time.

Plus, don't get me started about the influence of the console gaming on game controls and gameplay, especially "push button in the right time to continue" carp.

Brutalyst said:
areason said:
As an avid pc gamer one thing console gamers forget is the amazing games we have.

The biggest game on the planet is only on the pc and it is FREE, also pc offers an easy way to multitask and interact with the gaming community. Seconds after playing a match and i can search any gaming subreddit on reddit and do other things.

I can appreciate the multitasking argument, but how often do you use it?

I've had a high end PC and the answer for me is, hardly at all. If I want to play a game, im playing a game and have no interest in doing other things simultaneously. 

Atleast 20 hours + per week. Sometimes goes up to 40 + and that is just on one game. 

Barozi said:
areason said:

Minesweeper ?

About a year ago league of legends had 32 million + monthly players, since then that number has increased but riot did not publish any official numbers. 

I hate gaming on PC, but I do not care what those dudes think, if they like their pcs, good for them, I do not care one bit. Simple as that.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.