By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One outsells PS4 at Target despite being $100 more?

Not surprising considering that Sony couldn't keep up with the demand in the US while having to deal with a huge launch in Europe. Also, the sales in Target is not representative of the whole picture, especially when the PS4 trampled over the XBone in Gamestop and about 2.3 million people are still waiting to get their PS4's. I don't really understand why people are making such a huge deal about the "sales" from Target when the quoted term is used really loosely.

Around the Network
Zappykins said:
thismeintiel said:
Zappykins said:

I'm suprized someone is still bringing up the extremly minor GPU difference now.  Espically when the problems have shown up in use, which isn't the Xbox.  Paper is nice, but real world use is where I game. 

To refresh your memory, when the PS4 specs were out with a 1.8 Tflops GPU and some were still hoping for the Sweeney request 2.5 Tflops I stated it would be largely insignifianct.  And now the differences are even less signifiant than that.  If you want to make a big deal about it still, and ignoring the extra processors the Xbox One has and speculated superior software engineer, I guess you can.  But it reminds me of people complaining as the Wii outsold the HD twins. (Only to be later surpassed by the Xbox 360 in the UK and USA.)

As I said previously, I expected the PlayStation to have a great launch - event the PS3 sold better out the gate than the Xbox 360 in the USA.   It has many nestalgic followers and they are hungry for a new system.   I'm sure it will be a fine system that makes many people happy. 

Kind of amazing isn't it how well the Xbox One is selling even at $100 more?  To be fair though, it does have more features than the PS4 with Skype, vioce regontion, and no annoying controller light reflecting off your TV.  Plus, rumble triggers are like having a super tasty donut, then having the most amazing glaze poured on top.

What's amazing is how One fans keep telling themselves there is a small gap in GPU power.  The downgrades to every Xbox One game (have you seen the release version of Forza 5 with some assets straight out of a PS1/PS2 game?), while PS4 games either looked the same or better than their E3 counterparts, says everything.  The gap is there and it is significant.  And once we see the next Uncharted and GOW, that gap is going to be all the more noticable.  But you keep believing in that secret sauce. 

I think it's cute how you can ignore the frame rate issues and lack of Kinect and multifuctionality, but perhapse it is hard to see with that bright controller light reflecting off your TV screen.

Just wish you had some games to play so you post about how much fun you are having and not spend so much time seemingly upset about Xbox success threads.  Espically as the thread shows superior sales over the PS4 even with it's $100 larger price.  Clearly more people think the Xbox One is worth it.

Ps4 is near double x1 in sales with the europe launch, yep that proves more people want X1 LMAO.

Panicnausia said:
Zappykins said:
thismeintiel said:
Zappykins said:

I'm suprized someone is still bringing up the extremly minor GPU difference now.  Espically when the problems have shown up in use, which isn't the Xbox.  Paper is nice, but real world use is where I game. 

To refresh your memory, when the PS4 specs were out with a 1.8 Tflops GPU and some were still hoping for the Sweeney request 2.5 Tflops I stated it would be largely insignifianct.  And now the differences are even less signifiant than that.  If you want to make a big deal about it still, and ignoring the extra processors the Xbox One has and speculated superior software engineer, I guess you can.  But it reminds me of people complaining as the Wii outsold the HD twins. (Only to be later surpassed by the Xbox 360 in the UK and USA.)

As I said previously, I expected the PlayStation to have a great launch - event the PS3 sold better out the gate than the Xbox 360 in the USA.   It has many nestalgic followers and they are hungry for a new system.   I'm sure it will be a fine system that makes many people happy. 

Kind of amazing isn't it how well the Xbox One is selling even at $100 more?  To be fair though, it does have more features than the PS4 with Skype, vioce regontion, and no annoying controller light reflecting off your TV.  Plus, rumble triggers are like having a super tasty donut, then having the most amazing glaze poured on top.

What's amazing is how One fans keep telling themselves there is a small gap in GPU power.  The downgrades to every Xbox One game (have you seen the release version of Forza 5 with some assets straight out of a PS1/PS2 game?), while PS4 games either looked the same or better than their E3 counterparts, says everything.  The gap is there and it is significant.  And once we see the next Uncharted and GOW, that gap is going to be all the more noticable.  But you keep believing in that secret sauce. 

I think it's cute how you can ignore the frame rate issues and lack of Kinect and multifuctionality, but perhapse it is hard to see with that bright controller light reflecting off your TV screen.

Just wish you had some games to play so you post about how much fun you are having and not spend so much time seemingly upset about Xbox success threads.  Espically as the thread shows superior sales over the PS4 even with it's $100 larger price.  Clearly more people think the Xbox One is worth it.

Ps4 is near double x1 in sales with the europe launch, yep that proves more people want X1 LMAO.

And then some when Sony releases the PS4 in Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South East Asia, Signapore, India, South Africa, UAE, and Saudi Arabia.

Jeremy conrad (Former ign editor) is too harsh. But it seemed funny. Check the reply also.

Source:

Zappykins said:
thismeintiel said:

LMAO!  And I suppose you are just going to ignore the fact that A LOT of One games are having framerate issues, even Ryse, which is supposed to show off what the console can do.  Also, if you actually read DF analysis of PS4 games, you'd see where they clearly state that games are juttering, not dropping framerates, because it is rendering above what a lot TVs can handle, 60hz.  That's actually a plus to the PS4's HW, in the end, and current games will probably be fixed with patches.

I'm not even going to get into multifunctionality, as that's not what sells a games console, and enven though you would never admit it, the PS4 pretty much matches it point-for-point where it matters.  I also wouldn't be boasting about sales, cause you're just going to be disapointed when the PS4's WW numbers come in.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

Jeremy conrad (Former ign editor) is too harsh. But it seemed funny. Check the reply also.

Source:

Lol, pretty funny.  While I'm sure Day One editions were sold out a day or two from launch, there were probably the regular SKU left over.  The people I watch on Youtube, Video Games Awesome, had a faulty Day One edition.  They told two of their guys to go out and buy a new one and they would just take the other one back later.  It was hours after launch and they had no problem driving to their local store and picking up another one.  They said there were a few others left, too.

thismeintiel said:
Zappykins said:
thismeintiel said:

LMAO!  And I suppose you are just going to ignore the fact that A LOT of One games are having framerate issues, even Ryse, which is supposed to show off what the console can do.  Also, if you actually read DF analysis of PS4 games, you'd see where they clearly state that games are juttering, not dropping framerates, because it is rendering above what a lot TVs can handle, 60hz.  That's actually a plus to the PS4's HW, in the end, and current games will probably be fixed with patches.

I'm not even going to get into multifunctionality, as that's not what sells a games console, and enven though you would never admit it, the PS4 pretty much matches it point-for-point where it matters.  I also wouldn't be boasting about sales, cause you're just going to be disapointed when the PS4's WW numbers come in.

Oh, the 'probably fixed with patches' dream. That's nice. I hope it works well for you. And just because the PS3 failed as an 'everything box' doesn't mean the Xbox One will not succeed. Did you see the update where Xbox One outsold the PS4 at Target?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
thismeintiel said:

Oh, the 'probably fixed with patches' dream. That's nice. I hope it works well for you. And just because the PS3 failed as an 'everything box' doesn't mean the Xbox One will not succeed. Did you see the update where Xbox One outsold the PS4 at Target?

You completely ignored why it would need those patches, since that took away your framerate drop argument.  And I hope that secret sauce works out for you, as well. 

Anyway, there's no point to take this thread off course any longer.  Good day.

Correction: Best Buy had floor units that were displays. I looked at them today and they were just empty boxes, so sorry about that. However, Toys R Us did have XBox Ones sitting out today unsold. Whatever.

daredevil.shark said:

Source:

Yep, I had a strong feeling that there were still a bunch of unsold Day One or 1st shipment XBO's. So basically, XBO beat the PS4 at Target thanks to a handicap. Yeah, this doesn't look good for the XBO on the long run.