By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One outsells PS4 at Target despite being $100 more?

theprof00 said:

Target must just not have had a lot of that in stock.
Check out these numbers.

If target sold 1M worth of retail, then .4% of 1m is 40,000$, which, when adding one game and dividing the total by 559 (xb1 + game) = 71 units.
If target sold 10M of retail, then that's 710 units. If target sold 100M, then that's 7k units.

Not very much when u look at the numbers is it?

Also, the sample is biased fyi. You never look at the first people because that introduces confounding variables.

What about 600m? My store did 350k on the friday sales (that started on thursday) alone and there are 2000 stores in NA

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
theprof00 said:

Target must just not have had a lot of that in stock.
Check out these numbers.

If target sold 1M worth of retail, then .4% of 1m is 40,000$, which, when adding one game and dividing the total by 559 (xb1 + game) = 71 units.
If target sold 10M of retail, then that's 710 units. If target sold 100M, then that's 7k units.

Not very much when u look at the numbers is it?

Also, the sample is biased fyi. You never look at the first people because that introduces confounding variables.

What about 600m? My store did 350k on the friday sales (that started on thursday) alone and there are 2000 stores in NA

Let's say 1B.

70k?

Let's not forget that PS4 is likely in that top 30 (which the article says is top 30 almost all consumer electronics.). At 20% cheaper, if we used the same percentage of sales it would mean 20% more sales..., at .3%, then it would have sold only 5% less. Again, we're not talking a whole lot of numbers here.

70k vs 67k? vs 60k?

meh.

Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
Zappykins said:
leo-j said:
Zappykins said:
Because outside of this site and a few other on-line communities many people actually want an Xbox. At least in most English speaking areas.

Black Friday is a USA shopping day. And I would best the average consumer there doesn't know about the new Xbox, but they would choose an Xbox anyway. It's far more popular and chosen by more communities than the PlayStation.

PlayStation USA has their fans, but I think most of them already got them.

So you expect ps4 sales to drop to Wii u levels then since most PS fans got the ps4.....

Let us all forget the 2.3 million ps4s back ordered at GameStop.... And the fact the ps4 outsold the Xbox in the u.s, and the fact you can't get a ps4 anywhere right now, can't wait till a couple of months pass, I'm tired of talking to Xbox fans who throw away the power difference and tout its the same for 100 bucks more crap in person and in the forums 

I'm suprized someone is still bringing up the extremly minor GPU difference now.  Espically when the problems have shown up in use, which isn't the Xbox.  Paper is nice, but real world use is where I game. 

To refresh your memory, when the PS4 specs were out with a 1.8 Tflops GPU and some were still hoping for the Sweeney request 2.5 Tflops I stated it would be largely insignifianct.  And now the differences are even less signifiant than that.  If you want to make a big deal about it still, and ignoring the extra processors the Xbox One has and speculated superior software engineer, I guess you can.  But it reminds me of people complaining as the Wii outsold the HD twins. (Only to be later surpassed by the Xbox 360 in the UK and USA.)

As I said previously, I expected the PlayStation to have a great launch - event the PS3 sold better out the gate than the Xbox 360 in the USA.   It has many nestalgic followers and they are hungry for a new system.   I'm sure it will be a fine system that makes many people happy. 

Kind of amazing isn't it how well the Xbox One is selling even at $100 more?  To be fair though, it does have more features than the PS4 with Skype, vioce regontion, and no annoying controller light reflecting off your TV.  Plus, rumble triggers are like having a super tasty donut, then having the most amazing glaze poured on top.

40% more power - minor difference...it's the same as upgrading your video card on PC it is significant, but please keep up the damage control. The ps4 is outselling x1 in the US...and will be near double x1 by next week.... Ps4 is already ahead in the US, but keep thinking target is going to change that. Next week will be fun. Oh BTW, the US biggest game retailer?? Yeah PS4 outsold x1 by a considerable margin.

More features like what? Cable pas thru that sacrifices gaming? When other devices already do it better?? Everyone already has cable, streaming is the future. x1 relying on the oldest tech around. Cable is yesterdays tech.

If you think 720P versus 1080p is small difference the you are in massive denial. Playing AC4 on PS4 after the patch is a major improvement. More smooth edges, sharper image and much better IQ = Small difference LMAO.

ACIV was 900p before the patch and is now 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox One. Guarantee you wouldn't have even noticed if they didn't mention a 1080p patch.

There are threads on every game forum on how much better it looks now.. If you can;t see how much a difference  huge resoultion increase is you have serious eye issues.

900p to 1080p is huge? I'm guessing you aren't playing BF4 on PS4 then.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/30/microsofts-xbox-one-wins-early-sales-battle-on-black-friday/

Can't create a topic yet, so I'll add some stats I noticed on eBay.

Check out PS4 & Xbox One sold listings today (30th).  The demand and selling price is very much in PS4's favor, with the average PS4 selling $200 over retail and average Xbone selling $89 over retail.

• 11 Xbox One sold, average price $588
  • 26 PS4 sold, average price $599

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
maple6142 said:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/30/microsofts-xbox-one-wins-early-sales-battle-on-black-friday/

Here's the actual source: http://blog.infoscout.co/black-friday-console-war/

Basically this graph just shows us that infoscout's numbers should be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. It would be shocking to say the least that the XBONE outsold the 360.

Also they called it shadow fail :(

It is hard to believe that Xbox One had enough stock to outsell the Xbox 360 and PS3. I guess we will see in the following days when more reports come in. Had to laugh at the Shadow Fail part though. Didn't notice it at first.

thismeintiel said:
Zappykins said:

I'm suprized someone is still bringing up the extremly minor GPU difference now.  Espically when the problems have shown up in use, which isn't the Xbox.  Paper is nice, but real world use is where I game. 

To refresh your memory, when the PS4 specs were out with a 1.8 Tflops GPU and some were still hoping for the Sweeney request 2.5 Tflops I stated it would be largely insignifianct.  And now the differences are even less signifiant than that.  If you want to make a big deal about it still, and ignoring the extra processors the Xbox One has and speculated superior software engineer, I guess you can.  But it reminds me of people complaining as the Wii outsold the HD twins. (Only to be later surpassed by the Xbox 360 in the UK and USA.)

As I said previously, I expected the PlayStation to have a great launch - event the PS3 sold better out the gate than the Xbox 360 in the USA.   It has many nestalgic followers and they are hungry for a new system.   I'm sure it will be a fine system that makes many people happy. 

Kind of amazing isn't it how well the Xbox One is selling even at $100 more?  To be fair though, it does have more features than the PS4 with Skype, vioce regontion, and no annoying controller light reflecting off your TV.  Plus, rumble triggers are like having a super tasty donut, then having the most amazing glaze poured on top.

What's amazing is how One fans keep telling themselves there is a small gap in GPU power.  The downgrades to every Xbox One game (have you seen the release version of Forza 5 with some assets straight out of a PS1/PS2 game?), while PS4 games either looked the same or better than their E3 counterparts, says everything.  The gap is there and it is significant.  And once we see the next Uncharted and GOW, that gap is going to be all the more noticable.  But you keep believing in that secret sauce. 

I think it's cute how you can ignore the frame rate issues and lack of Kinect and multifuctionality, but perhapse it is hard to see with that bright controller light reflecting off your TV screen.

Just wish you had some games to play so you post about how much fun you are having and not spend so much time seemingly upset about Xbox success threads.  Espically as the thread shows superior sales over the PS4 even with it's $100 larger price.  Clearly more people think the Xbox One is worth it.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

larrysdirtydrawss said:
guys ps4 is bone dry with a unbelievable low stock right now‚ you can't buy what's not there. you hear so many stories of the xone not even selling out their initial launch in america(even in newyork) and then factor in whatever new small shipments ms had gotten in to go on top of that. so i bet anything there's easily more available xones to purchase. again you cant buy what's not there.

Well you had it correct right up to the part where you said Xbone didn;t sell out on launch day.  Just like PS4 it was gone day one.

ICStats said:

Can't create a topic yet, so I'll add some stats I noticed on eBay.

Check out PS4 & Xbox One sold listings today (30th).  The demand and selling price is very much in PS4's favor, with the average PS4 selling $200 over retail and average Xbone selling $89 over retail.

• 11 Xbox One sold, average price $588
  • 26 PS4 sold, average price $599

sorry but your stats are wrong on the xbone it has averaged 630 dollars on ebay.  I haven't checked out the ps4 but I will get more accurate information.

update***  PS4 average price is also around $630.  However there are currently over 8,000 PS4's for sale on ebay keeping prices down.  Versus the XBONE has a little over 300 currently for sale pushing prices up.

definetly more demand on ebay for the PS4.