By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One outsells PS4 at Target despite being $100 more?

Homeroids said:

Instead Sony are leaving markets like mine high and dry with ABSOLUTELY no more stock available anywhere until at least January.

Just curious. Which market are you in?

I'm located in Australia and if you order a PS4 now, you have to wait until at least January.

Ps4's 1st day orders were sold out a few months ago here. The 2nd pre-order for "before Xmas" was sold out at least 2 -3 weeks before launch. 

On the 22nd, when X1 was released here, I could go in and buy an X1 one week after if I wanted to.  I can still buy one now if I want to. MS are advertising the X1 here in prime time TV. I don't think I have seen one advert for the PS4 here. 

New Zealand, so we're in the same boat as you over the ditch. PS4 day one was sold out in about July, and pre-Xmas shipment was sold out by September. And yeah Xb one's are a dime a dozen here. It's possible that Xb one outshipped PS4 here, but PS 4 has definitely outsold it so far. I think there will be a few people who absolutely want a console for Xmas and may prefer PS4 but will go for Xb one, because as Billy Preston says: If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with. But I think most peole will bide their time.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix