By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - HARDWARE/US SOFTWARE UP! XBONE USA CHART

tuscaniman99 said:
WebMasterFlex said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
WebMasterFlex said:
PS4 beats One on Microsoft's (ex) territory as expected. Europe will be full PlayStation...
Next week gonna be very great.

We have a  long generation ahead of us. If MS drops the price to match Sony early next year then Xbox One will be leading in US sales by end of 2014 with Titanfall and Halo providing the boost. If MS keeps the price at $499 then PS4 will still be ahead in US.

Disagree, this is not last gen... Xbox having a 1 year head start and price advantage all last gen was a major reason Xbox had such a lead in ther US... Won't be near as easy this time even if MS drops the price by 50 next year. Xbox also had a majoe game advantage first 2 year with Oblivion, Bioshock, Mass Effect and numerous other BIG  third party games being only on xbox. They dont have any of that advanatge and Sony will have usually better multiplats..

360 dominated PS3 in the US. It would take over 20% of 360 owners to jump ship just for PS4 to tie in the US. Its not going to happen. This gen it will be much closer but Xbox One will win the US. So Titanfall and Halo are not an advantage for US? I strongly disagree.

You can disagree what you want. All I see is that PS4 sold better than One in US, the best Xbox's market one generation ago. And that's not a fanboy prediction, it's numbers..

Now it seems that UK is doing the same thing. PS4 got every market on the pocket.

Because Sony only shipped in NA first week.  If MS strictly shipped in only NA instead of 13 countries they would have sold the same amount.

Oh my... dat damage control. Stop right there you are making fun of yourself.

Around the Network
colafitte said:
kowenicki said:
colafitte said:

Will you be forced to admit that Sony reserved units this week to have the most stock possible for Black Friday if it becomes true??

why would they hold stock?  whats the point?  I see no advantage... none. 

I explain then...

Suppose you have 1 million in stock, only for 2 weeks, being the last one BF week. If you split that in equal numbers you sell 500k one week and 500k the other one. Now, imagine Microsoft can put 500-600k units in NA for BF minimum. If you were Sony, would you risk losing BF sales or you prefer to sacrifice the first week, one that no one cares except us here, to have a complete million just for BF to trounce your adversary??? That's my point.

And i'm not saying sony will sell 1 million nor Xbox One will sell 500-600k, it was just examples...

How would Sony force a company to hold the PS4 and not sell it? I know some stores held on to some of their stock to entice people to shop there during Black Friday. It gives them a chance to draw in more customers and possible pick up additional sales. This likely happened with the Xbox One and the PS4. To say Sony forced them to do it sounds ludicrous. Most of the consoles produced will be sold around this time, there is no reason for either MS or Sony to have retailers hold back stock.

Subie_Greg said:
tuscaniman99 said:

Because Sony only shipped in NA first week.  If MS strictly shipped in only NA instead of 13 countries they would have sold the same amount.

No they wouldn't have

I don't think you're understanding the argument being put forward.

If MS had turned all of their early manufacturing towards making NA systems, and shipped only to NA in the first couple of weeks, they would still sell the same number of consoles they did across 13 countries, because the same number of consoles would be manufactured, but they would all be sold in US and Canada, and thus would match the PS4's launch numbers in the region.

It's certainly a debatable claim, but not one that you can dismiss outright. The question to ask is, did the Xbox One sell out its first shipment, or are there some Xbox Ones still on shelves?  If the former, then the claim is likely right that Xbox One would have sold just as well as PS4 given equal shipment numbers, while if the latter, then the claim is wrong.

Aielyn said:
Subie_Greg said:
tuscaniman99 said:

No they wouldn't have

I don't think you're understanding the argument being put forward.

If MS had turned all of their early manufacturing towards making NA systems, and shipped only to NA in the first couple of weeks, they would still sell the same number of consoles they did across 13 countries, because the same number of consoles would be manufactured, but they would all be sold in US and Canada, and thus would match the PS4's launch numbers in the region.

It's certainly a debatable claim, but not one that you can dismiss outright. The question to ask is, did the Xbox One sell out its first shipment, or are there some Xbox Ones still on shelves?  If the former, then the claim is likely right that Xbox One would have sold just as well as PS4 given equal shipment numbers, while if the latter, then the claim is wrong.

No I understand it quite well

They would not have sold out all consoles at launch if they only sold it in NA like Sony did. I know for fact that you could walk in Gamestops in both Dallas and Pitt and get and Xbox One without a preorder. I also know Best Buys in Philly area were still selling Xbox One after the first 24 hours. 

So adding 4-500 K into the NA launch would mean no sold out since they really didn't do so to begin with 

Ainars.108 said:
Zelhawks37 said:
PS4 massive drop expected. Will rise a bit but nothing too noticeable.

3DS doing great as usual as it should be. Wii U hit six figures!

Don't care about Microsoft. :)

It will rise huge when the stock is available. I don't think you get how this works.

Sony produces only about 1 million PS4 units per month. The console launches are two weeks apart, meaning they've only produced about 500K PS4 units in that timeframe. They have to send some units to the USA, but support their main launch first which is in EU this week (just like NA was 2 weeks ago). So Sony releases about 100K units to ship to North America, and has about 400K units left from their 2 week manufacturing period. It was suggested that EU gets 1.2-1.5 million units week one (if none are diverted to NA), which is on par with the NA first week support (1.1 million). So EU to complete their quota of 1.2+ million units still needs 800K-1.1million units that it hasn't produced, and this comes from the backlog from pre-NA launch manufactured PS4 units. And this week which isn't shown for the EU region, Sony has to ship some units to the NA region again. Expect only 100K units yet again, as their focus has to be a strong EU launch.

Taking the 100K hit next week into consideration, EU region will get/sell 1.1-1.4 million units. These periods are known as hard-launches, as about 90% of a product goes to a major region for the initial product launch. This varies by strength of region and EU is Sony's strongest region. After the hand launch you will see the units per-week increase, but you're right it will not be by much. Half will flood into the NA, and half into EU. 1m per month (divided) by two main regions is 500K units. 500K units split to 4 weeks and you get potential of only 125,000 units plus the backlog pre-launch unit stock still kept strategically. What it means is we're looking at 300,000 units shipped to NA every 2 week period.

Should of clarified so you didn't have to write this: I meant in the USA, not WW. Yes, I do know how this works, but thanks for the info anyway. :)

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Around the Network
Subie_Greg said:
No I understand it quite well

They would not have sold out all consoles at launch if they only sold it in NA like Sony did. I know for fact that you could walk in Gamestops in both Dallas and Pitt and get and Xbox One without a preorder. I also know Best Buys in Philly area were still selling Xbox One after the first 24 hours.

So adding 4-500 K into the NA launch would mean no sold out since they really didn't do so to begin with

There were places in Australia, in 2006, where you could walk into a game store a few days after the Wii launch and still find Wiis... they were, in most places in the country, sold out very quickly, but there were some places where they were still available.

In other words, a couple of data points does not make information. You know of certain stores that were still selling units after 24 hours... what about the rest of them?

What you have committed is called "confirmation bias" - you observe a couple of stores with some stock left, and ignore all the stores with none left, because doing so allows you to say "there are stores with stock left over", which supports your preconceived idea.

tuscaniman99 said:
WebMasterFlex said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
WebMasterFlex said:
PS4 beats One on Microsoft's (ex) territory as expected. Europe will be full PlayStation...
Next week gonna be very great.

We have a  long generation ahead of us. If MS drops the price to match Sony early next year then Xbox One will be leading in US sales by end of 2014 with Titanfall and Halo providing the boost. If MS keeps the price at $499 then PS4 will still be ahead in US.

Disagree, this is not last gen... Xbox having a 1 year head start and price advantage all last gen was a major reason Xbox had such a lead in ther US... Won't be near as easy this time even if MS drops the price by 50 next year. Xbox also had a majoe game advantage first 2 year with Oblivion, Bioshock, Mass Effect and numerous other BIG  third party games being only on xbox. They dont have any of that advanatge and Sony will have usually better multiplats..

360 dominated PS3 in the US. It would take over 20% of 360 owners to jump ship just for PS4 to tie in the US. Its not going to happen. This gen it will be much closer but Xbox One will win the US. So Titanfall and Halo are not an advantage for US? I strongly disagree.

You can disagree what you want. All I see is that PS4 sold better than One in US, the best Xbox's market one generation ago. And that's not a fanboy prediction, it's numbers..

Now it seems that UK is doing the same thing. PS4 got every market on the pocket.

Doubtfull..demand is clearly higher for ps4 even in the US right now...... Again, xbox won US because it head a price advantage and head start and huge games advantage early..not the case ow. They also never came close to selling out despite selling less then sony in the US>

And the Wii just continues to push out game sales, even though most retailers seemed to only have a few consoles ( not counting a ton of Wii Mini's which all sold out).

I am more happy with the Mario Wii U sales than the Zelda 3DS sales. I was expecting more. But I have not been around to see pre-order charts or how much hype there was for it, so I am probably wrong. Still nice to see some great sales for those games!

COD Domination is no surprise though, although I feel it could have a big hit next year due to the quality of this year's game. Was nothing special. I gave it a few hours of play time.

man-bear-pig said:
The global hardware totals chart with all next-gen consoles on it is...beautiful :')

Very nice sales

I actually wish that they would have two, because the old systems are going to be huge this holiday still. Pain to have to go and search out they're sales.

But life is full of change.

spurgeonnintendoryan said:
man-bear-pig said:
The global hardware totals chart with all next-gen consoles on it is...beautiful :')

Very nice sales

I actually wish that they would have two, because the old systems are going to be huge this holiday still. Pain to have to go and search out they're sales.

But life is full of change.

Indubitably.

Dat sig <3