By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Reviews: PS4 vs Xbox One

Wright said:

Yeah, the Ps3 was powerful than the 360 too. What's the problem?

PS3 was expensive... that was the problem.

Around the Network

both machines may turn out to be very similar in graphics fidelity despite what numbers say thanks to the esram, but ps4 is gonna be easier to squeeze off its potential thanks that is easier to code for Main RAM rather than edram or esram

BMaker11 said:
Logico15 said:
But IGN is sponsored by Microsoft! The internet told me D:!

I didn't know IGN was Polygon

Well it is now :D but seriously thoe I'm pretty sure I saw a thread about Microsoft sponsoring IGN

ethomaz said:
Wright said:

Hmmm... you do got a point there.

IGN is a bandwagon site, if the internet isn't so obsessed with the PS4 they wouldn't say this.

Around the Network
Wright said:
ethomaz said:
Wright said:

Hmmm... you do got a point there.

It's never wise to be weaker AND more expensive than the competition. Even if the difference in power is negligible, Xbox One needs an "it" factor as Kinect 2.0 doesn't seem to be doing it.

I have not seen the sales yet and I actually believe the Xbox One will do well, but it will not pull PS4 numbers.

megafenix said:
both machines may turn out to be very similar in graphics fidelity despite what numbers say thanks to the esram, but ps4 is gonna be easier to squeeze off its potential thanks that is easier to code for Main RAM rather than edram or esram

It is the opposite... the Xbone could be better 8GB of fast RAM instead of eSRAM.

There is no performance boost in eSRAM compared with GDDR5... it just try to close the gap between DDR3 and GDDR5 but it won't ever surpass that.

How do you give a number score to a console? And so precise at that? 8.2? Stupid.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

PullusPardus said:
IGN is a bandwagon site, if the internet isn't so obsessed with the PS4 they wouldn't say this.

Sadly, I feel you're pretty much spot on with that comment. 

]

LOL

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5812938

kowenicki on 18 November 2013

ONE wins where it counts so far.

Better games and a far better UI and integrated system.

I expect hardware reviews to follow software reviews and favour ONE.

ONE is simply a better and more coherent system with real next gen features.

Thanks.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan