By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Reviews: PS4 vs Xbox One

selnor1983 said:
Fusioncode said:
From what I've seen the snapping and voice commands don't work too well on the XBO. That's something that could be patched in the future but it seems strange those were listed as positives.

Because if set up properly, they work 95% of the time. So much better than previous Kinect.

IGN are entitled to their opinion. Everyone is.

I disagree. I dont want just a games console anymore. What I have is way to good to trade for a PS4. No contest. I still believe and out and out console wont sell the most this gen. It will be a media device that does.

The PS4 doesnt do media?? Odd, i was just playing BF4, then multi-tasked to netflix, works great...PS4 has all the media featrues of x1 (Or will once dlan gets patched).

All x1 has is cable pass thru, which is a useless feature. I already have cable.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
bigjon said:
Wright said:

Yeah, the Ps3 was powerful than the 360 too. What's the problem?

And much harder to dev for._ this time around ps4 is more powerful and dev is pretty similiar.

Raw numbers arent everything. The Cell could do 300% more flops than the Xenon processor. But the best looking games were equal on both platforms give or take. Halo 4/Forza Horizon vs Uncharted 3 and TLOU.

The ps3 also had a weaker GPU and split ram....PS4 has all the advantages this time, easy to code for betetr gpu and faster ram bandwidth...The gap is a lot bigger thehn the ps3/360 gap. Not even close to the same.

Ps4=Pure Gaming Console
Xbox 1= Gaming & Entertainment Console

I will get them both, I will be gaming on PS4 and my wife and kids will play with Xbox 1 :)

pugsylicious said:
Ps4=Pure Gaming Console

I will get them both, I will be gaming on PS4 and my wife and kids will play with Xbox 1 :)

Wrong..Ps4 is also a media device.. Diff is, Ps4 is a powerfull game system that does media. X1 is a media box that also does games...... Why do people keep saying this?

biglittlesps said:
PS4 is more about Gaming and its innovations, where xbox one is all about home Entertainment and its innovations. If people want more games with new IP's and innovative gameplay then PS4 is the choice, if people want voice recognition and better TV control along additional gaming support then Xbone one is the choice.

Well the launch lineup for the consoles definitely is the exact opposite of that, and no one has any idea past that.

Around the Network
Panicnausia said:
pugsylicious said:
Ps4=Pure Gaming Console

Wrong..Ps4 is also a media device.. Diff is, Ps4 is a powerfull game system that does media. X1 is a media box that also does games...... Why do people keep saying this?

take a chill pill. I am aware of that already. I also know PS4 is a godsend Console so please, don't get too upset.

I also agree that a media device console will win this gen. People want more then just the best gaming. That's why Netflix on Sony platforms is the number 1 platform to use for that service. That's why mp3 and video streaming is getting patched in the PS4. That's why PS4 has the best browser of the 3 consoles. There is plenty of media options for that console.

The only difference in "media" is the hdmi pass through so I can watch TV or snap in TV ( with the annoying 2 audios trying to play over one another) Also, as reviews have stated, the snap feature doesn't always work consistently. (especially in a noise filled environment) It's easier just to press the button and go to where you want at times.

The whole PS4 has no media or multitasking argument is an absolute joke facilitated by MS fans in order to justify their purchase of an inferior gaming console.

Blood_Tears said:
I also agree that a media device console will win this gen. People want more then just the best gaming. That's why Netflix on Sony platforms is the number 1 platform to use for that service. That's why mp3 and video streaming is getting patched in the PS4. That's why PS4 has the best browser of the 3 consoles. There is plenty of media options for that console.

The only difference in "media" is the hdmi pass through so I can watch TV or snap in TV ( with the annoying 2 audios trying to play over one another) Also, as reviews have stated, the snap feature doesn't always work consistently. (especially in a noise filled environment) It's easier just to press the button and go to where you want at times.

The whole PS4 has no media or multitasking argument is an absolute joke facilitated by MS fans in order to justify their purchase of an inferior gaming console.

Yep, exactly.

Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:
Fusioncode said:
From what I've seen the snapping and voice commands don't work too well on the XBO. That's something that could be patched in the future but it seems strange those were listed as positives.

Because if set up properly, they work 95% of the time. So much better than previous Kinect.

IGN are entitled to their opinion. Everyone is.

I disagree. I dont want just a games console anymore. What I have is way to good to trade for a PS4. No contest. I still believe and out and out console wont sell the most this gen. It will be a media device that does.

The PS4 doesnt do media?? Odd, i was just playing BF4, then multi-tasked to netflix, works great...PS4 has all the media featrues of x1 (Or will once dlan gets patched).

All x1 has is cable pass thru, which is a useless feature. I already have cable.

Xbox One already has twice the apps in the uk over PS4. At launch. It has the ability to multi task more programs/apps/games at the same time. Also you say the cable pass through is uselss. I can recieve a Skype call whilst watching Sky 1. Or a game invite wjilst watching Sky Sports F1 HD. Or I can snap in Internet Explorer and order an item whilst watching the advert I saw the item on. I can snap in a game guide whilst lost on a particular level. I can control the volume of my TV, The menu of my TV and even switch the TV on/off when my Xbox switches on and off all with Voice.

The multitasking of PS4 isnt in the same league as Xbox 1. I can stop a game, put in another game and it will leave off exactly where I was 5 days ago. It remebers. I can pin my faveourite apps to my desktop. The PS4 is a good games machine. But its multimedia functions are far less. I can also add channels to the One Guide like specific Netflix watches, Lovefilm, Skydrive photos or videos all in the One guide alongside TV channels. Its a far more cohesive and personalized entertainment experience. And one the PS4 doesnt come close to.

Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:
bigjon said:
Wright said:

Yeah, the Ps3 was powerful than the 360 too. What's the problem?

And much harder to dev for._ this time around ps4 is more powerful and dev is pretty similiar.

Raw numbers arent everything. The Cell could do 300% more flops than the Xenon processor. But the best looking games were equal on both platforms give or take. Halo 4/Forza Horizon vs Uncharted 3 and TLOU.

The ps3 also had a weaker GPU and split ram....PS4 has all the advantages this time, easy to code for betetr gpu and faster ram bandwidth...The gap is a lot bigger thehn the ps3/360 gap. Not even close to the same.

When PS4 shows this let me know.