By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Reviews: PS4 vs Xbox One

Also you said everyone likes the UI. But digital foundry said " the jury's still out is on the user interface" "clunkiness in the PlayStation Store is a touch off-putting" "PlayStation 4 may well be based on PC hardware, then, but based on these first impressions, it feels like much more of a console - a pure gaming thoroughbred - than its predecessor".

But I imagine their views don't count right?

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
Also you said everyone likes the UI. But digital foundry said " the jury's still out is on the user interface" "clunkiness in the PlayStation Store is a touch off-putting" "PlayStation 4 may well be based on PC hardware, then, but based on these first impressions, it feels like much more of a console - a pure gaming thoroughbred - than its predecessor".

But I imagine their views don't count right?

Didn't say everyone..talk about cherry picking... Also reviewing consoles at launch is borderline retarded, they will be vastly diff in a year or two from now. There are numerous reviews saying similar things about the x1 UI, point (It is a step back from 360, IGN is one such review, cluttered and less intuitive)?

Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:
Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:
Something people might like to know. Putting your cable through xbox one significantly improves the picture. Sky boxes only output in 720p. The xbox one hardware upscaler will output the upscales sky input at 1080p. Also the xbox one takes benefit of full rgb colour and 36 bit colour output. Testing this against plugging the sky direct into tv was night and day. The colours were way better and picture visibly crisper. HVing taking Ll my xbox one settings to the best as my tv supports them last night, makes even ryse way more impressive. I was playing with 720p which for some reason is the standard factory setting for xbox one. But at my new settings ryse looks unbelieveable even more so now. Im shocked.

Go change rgb colour to full pc. Also change the bits to 36. Make sure you check at 1080p. The result is the best image ive ever had on my tv by a long way. Blows my 360 clean out of the water.

It does not improve your HD cable, it actually degrades it...more mis-iformation.

Your ttrying to hard. I use cable through xbox one for over a week. In the uk. I get an upscaled image, better colour representation and can still recieve notifications of every app on xbox one while watching tv. There is nothing on the market that givea me all entertainment with input. Nothing. I can control my tv volume etc all through xbox. Sure you dont need it, but then stereo sound is fine we dont need surround. Xbox one for meida is the surround sound. The ps4 is stereo. 

Yes Iit doea improve my picture greatly. The colour the most noteable aspect. Far richer. And f1 hd looks even better now. Its funny, because your trying to post bs when we are already using this firsthand. Its already the most complete and personal media device ive ever used. With a fantastically quick voice activated web browser. I can even post fave websites to my dashboard. I love having a proper windows 8 os on the console. It doeant feel limited or console like anymore. Instead a hub for bringing gaming, tv, communication and live together and coherent no matter what im doing. 

Plus I cant wait for titanfall, halo 5, quantum break, sunset overdrive and project spark next year. You should bebhappy with your purchase instead of trying to make ps4 something its not. A media box.

You are the one trying hard, speading mis-information and gross exagerations.

The PS4 can do any of the media funstions as x1 as well or better. The only thing is the cable pass thru, a totally un needed and useless feature.. Sory again explain other then that 1 thing x1 can do PS4 cannot with media?

PS4 is stereo?? Are you flippin serious with that garbage?

Reviews favoured PS4 overall see metacritic, yet another mis-informed post. X1 brings notihng new that could not already be done by better media devices and it's worse at gamig... Thus it will sell worse.  Fact.Selling something that simply isn;t needed at the cost of a consoels MAIN function is going to hurt them, already has.

No the Ps4 cant. Its not like I havent used one. It is better than last gen, but not muc different. On PS4 you cant upload Game DVR to anywhere unlike Xbox One. You can post to any social network on Xbox One in less than 5 mins. You cannot do what Im doing on Xbox One on PS4. You cannot snap apps, you  cant watch TV and get game notifiactions or app notifications or Skype mesages. You cant use CD's which still sell alot around the world and you can only access cloud saves via the browser, not directly intergrated into the systems OS. The Xbox One will recognise anyone in the room and load their profile. And automatically change the personalisation of Windows 8 by simply seeing who has thee controller. 

Its clear in the UK using the PS4 its not in the same league for media as Xbox One. It not having the TV access is a big deal to me after using it. You dont need it, but its so intuitive and seamless that it brings a fantastic benefit across the board for multiple media users. Its cool if you dont like those features, but its such a brilliant idea. And one Imo PS4 severly lacks. If I didnt see it firsthand I wouldnt have  perhaps missed it.  But after using it, its difficualt to reccommend PS4 as a media hub at all.

selnor1983 said:
Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:
Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:
Something people might like to know. Putting your cable through xbox one significantly improves the picture. Sky boxes only output in 720p. The xbox one hardware upscaler will output the upscales sky input at 1080p. Also the xbox one takes benefit of full rgb colour and 36 bit colour output. Testing this against plugging the sky direct into tv was night and day. The colours were way better and picture visibly crisper. HVing taking Ll my xbox one settings to the best as my tv supports them last night, makes even ryse way more impressive. I was playing with 720p which for some reason is the standard factory setting for xbox one. But at my new settings ryse looks unbelieveable even more so now. Im shocked.

Go change rgb colour to full pc. Also change the bits to 36. Make sure you check at 1080p. The result is the best image ive ever had on my tv by a long way. Blows my 360 clean out of the water.

It does not improve your HD cable, it actually degrades it...more mis-iformation.

Your ttrying to hard. I use cable through xbox one for over a week. In the uk. I get an upscaled image, better colour representation and can still recieve notifications of every app on xbox one while watching tv. There is nothing on the market that givea me all entertainment with input. Nothing. I can control my tv volume etc all through xbox. Sure you dont need it, but then stereo sound is fine we dont need surround. Xbox one for meida is the surround sound. The ps4 is stereo. 

Yes Iit doea improve my picture greatly. The colour the most noteable aspect. Far richer. And f1 hd looks even better now. Its funny, because your trying to post bs when we are already using this firsthand. Its already the most complete and personal media device ive ever used. With a fantastically quick voice activated web browser. I can even post fave websites to my dashboard. I love having a proper windows 8 os on the console. It doeant feel limited or console like anymore. Instead a hub for bringing gaming, tv, communication and live together and coherent no matter what im doing. 

Plus I cant wait for titanfall, halo 5, quantum break, sunset overdrive and project spark next year. You should bebhappy with your purchase instead of trying to make ps4 something its not. A media box.

The PS4 can do any of the media funstions as x1 as well or better. The only thing is the cable pass thru, a totally un needed and useless feature.. Sory again explain other then that 1 thing x1 can do PS4 cannot with media?

Reviews favoured PS4 overall see metacritic, yet another mis-informed post. X1 brings notihng new that could not already be done by better media devices and it's worse at gamig... Thus it will sell worse.  Fact.Selling something that simply isn;t needed at the cost of a consoels MAIN function is going to hurt them, already has.

No the Ps4 cant. Its not like I havent used one. It is better than last gen, but not muc different. On PS4 you cant upload Game DVR to anywhere unlike Xbox One. You can post to any social network on Xbox One in less than 5 mins. You cannot do what Im doing on Xbox One on PS4. You cannot snap apps, you  cant watch TV and get game notifiactions or app notifications or Skype mesages. You cant use CD's which still sell alot around the world and you can only access cloud saves via the browser, not directly intergrated into the systems OS. The Xbox One will recognise anyone in the room and load their profile. And automatically change the personalisation of Windows 8 by simply seeing who has thee controller. 

Its clear in the UK using the PS4 its not in the same league for media as Xbox One. It not having the TV access is a big deal to me after using it. You dont need it, but its so intuitive and seamless that it brings a fantastic benefit across the board for multiple media users. Its cool if you dont like those features, but its such a brilliant idea. And one Imo PS4 severly lacks. If I didnt see it firsthand I wouldnt have  perhaps missed it.  But after using it, its difficualt to reccommend PS4 as a media hub at all.

Hal;f of what you post is lies and flat mis-information, the other is blatant over exaggerations to make one console look better then the other., Yes I certainly can post to a social network with one button press on PS4,, you certainly have not used one because you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

I don't need snap, I can already multi-task in a spli second, Snap is a waste of resources, I dont want or need it anywhere near my game console.

I canm watch TV fine...x1 does not help with that, and who can watch TV and play a game at the same time?? I can easily get notifications while I watch TV, using ther PS android app, vita or even my phone........ I also DONT want notifications when I am watching TV that is again a stupid un-needed feature. When i'm watching TV I am watching TV not sending messages to my friends, which if I want I can do anyway. I can also use many video streaming services and DLNA once it gets added to get all my notifications.....

Thats why snap is useless, we live in an age were everything is interconnected with many devices, snap is useless.

Can't use CD's LMAO... that's grasping at straws...do none uses cd's today. They are an old relic.

Clous saves are integrated into the OS, not browser....again flat lies or you kjust don;t know what you are talking about. How much more lies are you going to spread. There is not 1 thing x1 adds that I cannot already do and better.

X1 bulit for the future, relying on one of the oldest and outdated technologies on the planet, cable TV.

Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:
Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:
Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:

Hal;f of what you post is lies and flat mis-information, the other is blatant over exaggerations to make one console look better then the other., Yes I certainly can post to a social network with one button press on PS4,, you certainly have not used one because you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

I don't need snap, I can already multi-task in a spli second, Snap is a waste of resources, I dont want or need it anywhere near my game console.

I canm watch TV fine...x1 does not help with that, and who can watch TV and play a game at the same time?? I can easily get notifications while I watch TV, using ther PS android app, vita or even my phone........ I also DONT want notifications when I am watching TV that is again a stupid un-needed feature. When i'm watching TV I am watching TV not sending messages to my friends, which if I want I can do anyway. I can also use many video streaming services and DLNA once it gets added to get all my notifications.....

Thats why snap is useless, we live in an age were everything is interconnected with many devices, snap is useless.

Can't use CD's LMAO... that's grasping at straws...do none uses cd's today. They are an old relic.

Clous saves are integrated into the OS, not browser....again flat lies or you kjust don;t know what you are talking about. How much more lies are you going to spread. There is not 1 thing x1 adds that I cannot already do and better.

X1 bulit for the future, relying on one of the oldest and outdated technologies on the planet, cable TV.

Ill help you a little. Your the one posting lies.

Cloud saves Im reffering to skydrive. Videos, pictures etc on the cloud. Its native to Xbox One OS. 

The PS android app ROFL. After reading that it tells me everything. 

Noone watches TV and plays games. Of course they dont that would be stupid. You obviously miss the huge point of it being intergrated into Xbox One then.

Whilst watching NCIS, waiting for my friends to get into play the minute they are ready I am told on the screen. Someone  wants to skype? I know instantly. 

While you need morte than PS4 to achieve things ( which you openly admit in your post ) xbox One does it all on its own.

You proved my point.

Thaats all I was waiting for. 

And no on PS4 you cant post to ANY social network Game DVR. Only the ones that Sony have incorporated. I can post it to Skydrive and embed on any site on the internet.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:
Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:
Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:

Cloud saves Im reffering to skydrive. Videos, pictures etc on the cloud. Its native to Xbox One OS. 

Noone watches TV and plays games. Of course they dont that would be stupid. You obviously miss the huge point of it being intergrated into Xbox One then.

Whilst watching NCIS, waiting for my friends to get into play the minute they are ready I am told on the screen. Someone  wants to skype? I know instantly. 

While you need morte than PS4 to achieve things ( which you openly admit in your post ) xbox One does it all on its own.

You proved my point.

And no on PS4 you cant post to ANY social network Game DVR. Only the ones that Sony have incorporated. I can post it to Skydrive and embed on any site on the internet.

Yes you can, it's built right into the streaming right to facebook, twitter, and you tube and more are coming...............................Which is better then skydrive.

The App is outstanding, showing you're ignorance there, and again, useless, I dont want messages, notifications when watching tv. But I can if I so choose. I can get all my notifications if I want on PS4 without touching a thing..... Why would anyone want to keep getting notifications when watching a TV show?? That would only annoy and interrupt the program. Also many today use DVR's. making x1 TV useless.

All you are doing is making your self look foolish, praising little gimmicks I can already do as some reason to buy a game console for.. Sorry I'll take the better gaem system that also does everything I need media wise.  All you are praising has zero to do with gaming, the main purpose of a games console, I dont need a console to get in touch with friends or get messages, no one buys a console for sych things.

Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:
Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:
Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:
Panicnausia said:
selnor1983 said:

You proved my point.

Yes you can, it's built right into the streaming right to facebook, twitter, and you tube and more are coming...............................Which is better then skydrive.

The App is outstanding, showing you're ignorance there, and again, useless, I dont want messages, notifications when watching tv. But I can if I so choose. I can get all my notifications if I want on PS4 without touching a thing.....

All you are doing is making your self look foolish, praising little gimmicks I can already do as some reason to buy a game console for.. Sorry I'll take the better gaem system that also does everything I need media wise.  All you are praising has zero to do with gaming, the main purpose of a games console, I dont need a console to get in touch with friends or get messages, no one buys a console for sych things.

So you proved my point. you can do 3. I can do over 1000 websites. So you tell me which is better. Ill take Skydrive thanks. Hell I can post it to VGC from my Xbox can you?

And no. If your watching TV you cant use your PS4 for notifications. Stop lying. You have to use a secondary device. Proving my point. PS4 is not a media hub.

Your trying to downplay Xbox One to makke your purchase feel better to you. 

PS4 being just a great games console is not enough for you. Maybe you made the wrong decision.

Of course what Im praising has zero to do with gaming. I wanted a media box. Not a games machine. I like gaming yes, but my family also has to use this stuff. And Xbox One is much better for all the family as a media box. My daughter can use it without having to press a single button to sign in. It just recognises her. And changes automatically to her stuff. She can watch TV with her voice. No remote. Change volume with her voice. Turn of TV and Xbox with her voice.

selnor1983 said:
Panicnausia said:

The App is outstanding, showing you're ignorance there, and again, useless, I dont want messages, notifications when watching tv. But I can if I so choose. I can get all my notifications if I want on PS4 without touching a thing.....

So you proved my point. you can do 3. I can do over 1000 websites. So you tell me which is better. Ill take Skydrive thanks. Hell I can post it to VGC from my Xbox can you?

And no. If your watching TV you cant use your PS4 for notifications. Stop lying. You have to use a secondary device. Proving my point. PS4 is not a media hub.

Your trying to downplay Xbox One to makke your purchase feel better to you. 

PS4 being just a great games console is not enough for you. Maybe you made the wrong decision.

Of course what Im praising has zero to do with gaming. I wanted a media box. Not a games machine. I like gaming yes, but my family also has to use this stuff. And Xbox One is much better for all the family as a media box. My daughter can use it without having to press a single button to sign in. It just recognises her. And changes automatically to her stuff. She can watch TV with her voice. No remote. Change volume with her voice. Turn of TV and Xbox with her voice.

What are you talking about , over 100 web sites??? The ps4 has as many sites as x1 lol, and its way faster.

When im streaming TV or movies I can;t see my PS4 messages?/ Do tell why not?? Cable is old streaming is the future...... Again, useless.

The pS4 can do a plethora of media, you saying other wise devoid of fact doesn't make it so.

I can stream, share, photos, video, movies on PS4..how is that not media..A ll x1 does is pass thru again something you have not disproven, something people can already do, and there are vastly better media device, why did you buy an x1 then?? If its all about media? There are vastly superiot media boxes for cheap on the market?

I don't need to feel good about my purchase, PS4 is a beast and I can do everything anyone ever needs on it. 

Again a powerfull game system that also does media, versus a weak media device andf a weak gaming system..hmm easy choice.