By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 47 ( Nov. 18 - Nov. 24 ) Bomba everywhere!!

pezus said:

You're not seeing anything that the PS3 didn't have? Uhm, how about a game you just mentioned...KH3. And PS3 didn't launch with strong Japanese franchises, but PS4 will. This is basically what everyone against the PS4 said about Western sales as well. It has no big games, who will buy it over PS360 etc. First of all, the system will sell on its own merits, second of all it is way cheaper than PS3 was, and lastly it has bigger games coming out sooner. You're forgetting that MS and Nintendo stole much of Sony's potential last gen in Japan (MS by stealing JRPGs early on and Nintendo by selling well).

Wii U launched with Monster Hunter, Mario, and Dragon Quest, and was cheaper than the PS4. What makes the PS4 special?

Around the Network
pezus said:
colafitte said:
pezus said:

Yakuza, Dynasty Warriors are two pretty big franchises. 

You're not seeing anything that the PS3 didn't have? Uhm, how about a game you just mentioned...KH3. And PS3 didn't launch with strong Japanese franchises, but PS4 will. This is basically what everyone against the PS4 said about Western sales as well. It has no big games, who will buy it over PS360 etc. First of all, the system will sell on its own merits, second of all it is way cheaper than PS3 was, and lastly it has bigger games coming out sooner. You're forgetting that MS and Nintendo stole much of Sony's potential last gen in Japan (MS by stealing JRPGs early on and Nintendo by selling well).

Tearaway? It did not launch this week in Japan

I hope you're right....you give me some hope Pezus!!!, but i will believe it when i see it...

Never listen to phenom when it comes to sales predictions. If you remember that motto, you will do OK ;o.

Soundwave is just someone that doesn't seem to be informed about PS4 in Japan.

I'm informed about it. List the Japanese games coming for the PS4 in 2014 please. 

Nintendo is highly secretive about its games, that's never been the case with Sony or their third party parnters. 

Beyond that it's just common sense, how many Japanese devs can even afford (or have the balls to risk) big PS4 development budgets on many of their franchises?

The new Persona game being on PS3 for example is probably a choice that's going to resonate with a lot of Japanese devs, if I'm a Japanese dev I'd rather make a PS3 game, because it has an established userbase and really as a developer I'm not willing to spend more $$$ than the PS3 level budget as is. 

A lot of Japanese franchises are in the same boat I think ... where's Ridge Racer? Tekken? Dead or Alive? Tales? Ninja Gaiden? There's so many Japanese franchises that unfortunately couldn't find a market last gen on consoles. 

The final nail in the Japanese console market is coming IMO, with Wii U looking like a flop, I think Nintendo is going to start moving forward full steam with a Nintendo tablet type portable gaming device that has higher end visuals and can perhaps stream to a TV wirelessly ... that's going to be the machine that kills the Japanese home console. 

I do think that those low Nintendo sales may be a small indication of what the future has for the home console market in Japan. And this future seems bleak. And not only for Nintendo.

I don´t see how more expensive consoles can do better

What it won't be bad for PS4 will be a new Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest for ps4....

pezus said:

Ask the consumers. Like I said, PS4 will sell on its own merits as well as for the guarantee of future great 3rd party titles like KH, FF and basically everything else (that Nintendo hasn't made or paid for).

At the risk of getting off-topic, is it still okay to use these words in the same sentence?

Around the Network

Honestly how many console franchises are even left in Japan that would warrant a developer really giving them a large budget? Because if you're not going to give a big budget, then the game might as well be on the PS3.

Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts
Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil

Are basically the main four. Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest are basically going handheld now I think, DQ looks like its going to become more of a smartphone brand if anything.

Things like Tekken, Ridge Racer, Ninja Gaiden, Virtua Fighter, Castlevania .... all seem like dormant/dead franchises. Winning Eleven seems like its on the rocks too.

Japanese devs have kinda mismanaged themselves into oblivion. Its sad. The transition to HD killed so many IP. 

colafitte said:
pezus said:
leyendax69 said:
pezus said:
Japan console gaming is waiting for its saviour.

Who? Xbox one?:P

I think we all know the answer

You really think the ps4 will be the saviour??? (honest question), I'm very pessimistic with home consoles in Japan. I'm afraid it won't reach even ps3 levels lifetime....

Don´t be. It probably won´t. No new console matched their predecessors launch sales in Japan: 3ds, Vita, WiiU etc.

What a horrible week. Vita down, the TV version either have low supplies or it's a complete bomb, that Drum game on Wii U bombed completely, One Piece as well, not to mention SM3DW. I would love to see what's happening behind the closed doors at the Nintendo office right now. This is horrible.

pezus said:
Japan console gaming is waiting for its saviour.

A truly Wii succesor?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Soundwave said:
pezus said:
colafitte said:
pezus said:

Yakuza, Dynasty Warriors are two pretty big franchises. 

Tearaway? It did not launch this week in Japan

I hope you're right....you give me some hope Pezus!!!, but i will believe it when i see it...

Never listen to phenom when it comes to sales predictions. If you remember that motto, you will do OK ;o.

Soundwave is just someone that doesn't seem to be informed about PS4 in Japan.

I'm informed about it. List the Japanese games coming for the PS4 in 2014 please. 

Nintendo is highly secretive about its games, that's never been the case with Sony or their third party parnters. 

Beyond that it's just common sense, how many Japanese devs can even afford (or have the balls to risk) big PS4 development budgets on many of their franchises?

The new Persona game being on PS3 for example is probably a choice that's going to resonate with a lot of Japanese devs, if I'm a Japanese dev I'd rather make a PS3 game, because it has an established userbase and really as a developer I'm not willing to spend more $$$ than the PS3 level budget as is. 

A lot of Japanese franchises are in the same boat I think ... where's Ridge Racer? Tekken? Dead or Alive? Tales? Ninja Gaiden? There's so many Japanese franchises that unfortunately couldn't find a market last gen on consoles. 

The final nail in the Japanese console market is coming IMO, with Wii U looking like a flop, I think Nintendo is going to start moving forward full steam with a Nintendo tablet type portable gaming device that has higher end visuals and can perhaps stream to a TV wirelessly ... that's going to be the machine that kills the Japanese home console. 

Im sorry to say this but your just making up shit to fill your argument. 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share