By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 47 ( Nov. 18 - Nov. 24 ) Bomba everywhere!!

Didn't Pikmin 3 have a better boost for Wii U?

But wow at everything, shame.

Around the Network
Roma said:
actually it isn't that bad if you look at the data a guy at neogaf posted

GCN before Sunshine: 8.242
GCN Sunshine Launch: 31.750

Wii before Galaxy: 34.766
Wii Galaxy Launch: 40.836

Wii before Galaxy 2: 17.870
Wii Galaxy 2 Launch: 21.304

Wii U before 3D World: 14.006
Wii U 3D World Launch: 20.177

Exactly, plus it's before the holidays so I think it will give a boost throughtout these few weeks

It's not really a great start that's for sure, but Mario was never gonna save the Wii U in Japan. That's my opinion on it.

pezus said:
Roma said:
actually it isn't that bad if you look at the data a guy at neogaf posted

GCN before Sunshine: 8.242
GCN Sunshine Launch: 31.750

Wii before Galaxy: 34.766
Wii Galaxy Launch: 40.836

Wii before Galaxy 2: 17.870
Wii Galaxy 2 Launch: 21.304

Wii U before 3D World: 14.006
Wii U 3D World Launch: 20.177

GC is the only comparable one, really, since Wii had sold almost 4m units in Japan when Galaxy launched, lessening the impact of a single game.

shush you!!

I'm trying to give people false hope!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

These are very depressing numbers....When i see the numbers of the snes, ps1 and ps2 eras...., this numbers put a sad smile on my face....

pezus said:
Japan console gaming is waiting for its saviour.

Who? Xbox one?:P

Around the Network
Aerys said:
It seems Japan doesnt want nintendo home console anymore...

Hold onto that statement. The question is do they want any home consoles at all anymore? The PS3 has been selling horribly for the last year.

pezus said:

GC is the only comparable one, really, since Wii had sold almost 4m units in Japan when Galaxy launched, lessening the impact of a single game.

The Wii was also still supply constrained in 2007.  By 2010 it had pretty much run its course, and was like the PS3 today where even moderately big games will barely register as a blip on hardware sales.

Just imagine if a year ago someone has said Pikmin will give the Wii U a bigger boost than Mario.  You'd have people calling them a troll and a hater every which way.  Hell, even if they had said it a week ago it would have happened.

pezus said:
leyendax69 said:
pezus said:
Japan console gaming is waiting for its saviour.

Who? Xbox one?:P

I think we all know the answer

You really think the ps4 will be the saviour??? (honest question), I'm very pessimistic with home consoles in Japan. I'm afraid it won't reach even ps3 levels lifetime....

Lol Pezus you can't be serious? Sonys handheld can't sell well in Japan but you expect their home console? Yeah ok bud.

I don't think PS4 will even match PS3s sales in Japan. Console gaming is dead there. What Japanese games are even announced for this thing? FFXV which is probably like a year away and KH3 which is probably even longer away than that? Metal Gear Solid? Not seeing anything here that the PS3 didn't have, Japanese game production seems to be declining on console side as the years march on.

Also that Tearaway game, lol, is going to bomb like nobody's business.