By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 47 ( Nov. 18 - Nov. 24 ) Bomba everywhere!!

Not exactly a stellar FW for 3D World. :/ One can only hope for some Mario legs at this point. I had expected something disastrous like 5k for Taiko so 20k doesn't sound too bad.

Vita dropped like a rock from 90k to 29k but with Vita TV marching towards irrelevancy it's not unexpected. Standard model went from 46k to 21k.

Around the Network
pezus said:
phenom08 said:
Lol Pezus you can't be serious? Sonys handheld can't sell well in Japan but you expect their home console? Yeah ok bud.

You can't seriously be asking me that question. Oh, you probably can since I know you, but...

Nothing for me to say here except "wait for it".

No offense but I think Sony fans have their own delusion going on here. 

What Japanese games does the PS4 even have coming out for it in 2014? Like 2 notable ones? The rest are all Western developed games, lol. 

I could see it having a good launch week just because I think Sony not launching in Japan probably felt like a slap in the face to some PS3 owners and they'll come out to support the launch (you don't want something until you're told you can't have it, that sorta thing), but long term ... I'm just not seeing it. 

pezus said:
Japan console gaming is waiting for its saviour.

The PS4 :D

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Japan doesn't care about Sony's $99 home console, why would they care about their $399 home console?

Soundwave said:
pezus said:
phenom08 said:
Lol Pezus you can't be serious? Sonys handheld can't sell well in Japan but you expect their home console? Yeah ok bud.

You can't seriously be asking me that question. Oh, you probably can since I know you, but...

Nothing for me to say here except "wait for it".

No offense but I think Sony fans have their own delusion going on here. 

What Japanese games does the PS4 even have coming out for it in 2014? Like 2 notable ones? The rest are all Western developed games, lol. 

I could see it having a good launch week just because I think Sony not launching in Japan probably felt like a slap in the face to some PS3 owners and they'll come out to support the launch (you don't want something until you're told you can't have it, that sorta thing), but long term ... I'm just not seeing it. 

I'm sony fan, and i expect a great launch for ps4 in japan, around 300-400k units 1st week, but like WiiU I expect ps4 to drop like a bomb during the year....Despite that i think it will do better than WiiU.

Around the Network

Wii U with Mario+Wii Party selling less than vita????

pezus said:
Soundwave said:

I don't think PS4 will even match PS3s sales in Japan. Console gaming is dead there. What Japanese games are even announced for this thing? FFXV which is probably like a year away and KH3 which is probably even longer away than that? Metal Gear Solid? Not seeing anything here that the PS3 didn't have, Japanese game production seems to be declining on console side as the years march on.

Also that Tearaway game, lol, is going to bomb like nobody's business.

Yakuza, Dynasty Warriors are two pretty big franchises. 

You're not seeing anything that the PS3 didn't have? Uhm, how about a game you just mentioned...KH3. And PS3 didn't launch with strong Japanese franchises, but PS4 will. This is basically what everyone against the PS4 said about Western sales as well. It has no big games, who will buy it over PS360 etc. First of all, the system will sell on its own merits, second of all it is way cheaper than PS3 was, and lastly it has bigger games coming out sooner. You're forgetting that MS and Nintendo stole much of Sony's potential last gen in Japan (MS by stealing JRPGs early on and Nintendo by selling well).

Tearaway? It did not launch this week in Japan

I hope you're right....you give me some hope Pezus!!!, but i will believe it when i see it...

pezus said:
Soundwave said:

I don't think PS4 will even match PS3s sales in Japan. Console gaming is dead there. What Japanese games are even announced for this thing? FFXV which is probably like a year away and KH3 which is probably even longer away than that? Metal Gear Solid? Not seeing anything here that the PS3 didn't have, Japanese game production seems to be declining on console side as the years march on.

Also that Tearaway game, lol, is going to bomb like nobody's business.

You're not seeing anything that the PS3 didn't have? Uhm, how about a game you just mentioned...KH3. And PS3 didn't launch with strong Japanese franchises, but PS4 will. This is basically what everyone against the PS4 said about Western sales as well. It has no big games, who will buy it over PS360 etc. First of all, the system will sell on its own merits, second of all it is way cheaper than PS3 was, and lastly it has bigger games coming out sooner. You're forgetting that MS and Nintendo stole much of Sony's potential last gen in Japan (MS by stealing JRPGs early on and Nintendo by selling well).

Kingdom Hearts III will launch in like 2016, lol, that's a long ways away most likely. Besides I think S-E has screwed up that franchise so much by delaying this game that its probably lost a good amount of its appeal. What are we talking about here? Like 12 years in between KH2 and 3? A lot of people have moved on. 

Final Fantasy in general I think is a fading brand overall. FFXV might do its usual 2 million, but I wouldn't be surprised if the benchmark for future FF games on console are now solidly under 2 million per entry going forward in Japan. Square-Enix again has screwed that brand. 

Tearaway, I can smell the bomba already. Unfortunately it's been a bad period for platformers in general, even Mario is getting weighed down. 

Final Fantasy Lightning Returns: Kinda bomb (expected)
Super Mario 3d World: kinda bomb (expected, but traditional legs for Mario games may make it not too bad)
Vita TV: bomb (expected)
Taiko WiiU: Big bomb (now that was surprising)

It seems that only 3ds, Pokemon and Monster Hunter 4 are surviving......

pezus said:
colafitte said:
pezus said:

I hope you're right....you give me some hope Pezus!!!, but i will believe it when i see it...

Never listen to phenom when it comes to sales predictions. If you remember that motto, you will do OK ;o.

Soundwave is just someone that doesn't seem to be informed about PS4 in Japan.

Roger Roger.....XDD