By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NY Times: "Wii U is the only new console with a game worth playing."

Mummelmann said:
Well, he's not wrong. However, hinging the entire console's future on one title is a bit zealous.

He wasn't, he was just saying there's more to play on the Wii U than the X1/PS4 at the moment. Which is totally true.

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:
Mummelmann said:
Well, he's not wrong. However, hinging the entire console's future on one title is a bit zealous.

He wasn't, he was just saying there's more to play on the Wii U than the X1/PS4 at the moment. Which is totally true.

Hard to argue that, I've yet to see a must have in the launch line-up up the One and the PS4.

Actually, there is a great lineup of exclusive games now on WiiU: Lego City Undercover, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Sonic Lost Worlds, Scribblenauts, and some excellent (when not the best) version of some 3rd party titles like Rayman Legends and Need for Speed Most Wanted. He misses that already available library, it feels like he only get aware of the console with the launch of Mario 3d world

Tbh NYT aren't the only ones saying this various other media outlets are echoing the same sentiment and tbh if I count up the decent and good games available on each next gen they are right in that the U has more to offer in it's line up and by quite a good margin as well.

Rogerioandrade said:
Actually, there is a great lineup of exclusive games now on WiiU: Lego City Undercover, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Sonic Lost Worlds, Scribblenauts, and some excellent (when not the best) version of some 3rd party titles like Rayman Legends and Need for Speed Most Wanted. He misses that already available library, it feels like he only get aware of the console with the launch of Mario 3d world

A good sign in my opinion. The buzz surround 3d world is good. Hopefully, it will do its job in resurrecting good sales for the wii u

Around the Network

Harsh but true. Let's hope the next exclusives bring something of worth to PSXBONE.

Wii U needs some press like though "12 month and just one game worth playing?" -don't thing that this headline sounds good and i can imagine that many xb1/ps4 owners are pleased with forza/killzone .

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DakonBlackblade said:
Wii U is not a new console its out for almost 1 year, its launch line up sucked worse than the Ones and PS4.

You've played those 60 titles?

What 60 titles WiiU didnt launch with 60 titles it launched with a lot of stuf already out on PS3 and X360 and some exclusives. And I did play most of them, New Super Mario Bross U is pretty fun like all other Mario games always are, aside from that there wasnt much going for the WiiU.

Mummelmann said:
ArtofAngels said:
Mummelmann said:

Hard to argue that, I've yet to see a must have in the launch line-up up the One and the PS4.

If you are a 5 years old, ok.

GTA 5, Battlefield 4 and duzens of indie/arcade games say hello.

And what about tablets and smartphones?

Dark_Feanor said:
Mummelmann said:
ArtofAngels said:
Mummelmann said:

If you are a 5 years old, ok.

GTA 5, Battlefield 4 and duzens of indie/arcade games say hello.

And what about tablets and smartphones?

GTA V isn't on the PS4/One, Battlefield games are not very good on consoles, I play those on the PC. Arcade/Indie games? Yeah, no. I'll go with the hundreds if not thousands available on PC.

Tablets and smartphones are up to their usual antics; making gaming more braindead and having poor controls and interface every day, not unlike most consoles.

I also enjoy your sentiment that the Wii U is for 5 year old's. They're among those playing on the aforementioned tablets and smartphones.