By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NY Times: "Wii U is the only new console with a game worth playing."

According to columnist Chris Suellentrop, Mario 3D World can be the game that will make WiiU popular, and the best game currently available for the new generation of consoles

Check the complete article: 

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/25/arts/video-games/super-mario-3d-world-could-make-the-wii-u-popular.html?ref=arts&_r=3&

Around the Network

shame the general public dont read publication.

Need wii u ads in between mily cyrus twerking, kardasians and wrestling to get their attention in the US.

Sike! Pikmin 3 >>>>> Mario Cats!

Don't diss Knack like that bro.

well.. it´s just his personal opinion.

I haven´t checked the game yet, they will only reach retailers here in Sao Paulo next friday. But as far as internet talk go, the game seems amazing and people are really enjoying it a lot

Around the Network

It's good to see the Wii U actually getting some positive press, though I get the sense this is more of the "I'm a journalist who's going to take the opposite opinion of the other media to be cool" type of thing.

No one buys a console just for the immediate games, and I would certainly hope that in 1 full year on the market that MS and Sony can manage to do better than just one great game released post launch.

Well, he's not wrong. However, hinging the entire console's future on one title is a bit zealous.

Wii U is not a new console its out for almost 1 year, its launch line up sucked worse than the Ones and PS4.

Too bad it took Nintendo a year to come out with it. It actually does look great, but if one worthwhile game a year and minimal 3rd party support is to be expected of the Wii U, there's still no point in me buying one.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

DakonBlackblade said:
Wii U is not a new console its out for almost 1 year, its launch line up sucked worse than the Ones and PS4.

You've played those 60 titles?