By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Call of Duty Ghosts Sales on PS4...WTF?

I'm so confused. WHY is the PS4 a big hit?

And if somebody talks about "future investments," I'm going to... squirm uncomfortably.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

Looks like Sony fans just got a cold hard splash of reality... like it or not, COD is a system seller. Were you honestly expecting any of the PS4 exclusives to do numbers like that? Killzone was never that big of a shooter series, Knack is a joke, and the rest of the retail launch lineup consists of ports of current-gen games.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Also, numbers are obviously wrong. But its no doubt the best seller on PS4, and probably by some margin too.

I wonder what the second best seller is on PS4. Killzone, perhaps?

It's so funny to me how much crap the Wii U took for having a bunch of ports at launch and everything minus 3 games on each console is a port. The COD crowd is a faithful bunch, I will give them that all day.

superhippy420 said:
It;s not bad for COD to sell well but to me at least its a clear indicator that the "PS4 has won this Gen" crowd is getting way too far ahead of themselves. If the Ghosts and BF4 sales numbers are any indicator of where things are going (all systems combined) then it is going to take a whole lot more then a bunch of FPS games and half assed sequels to sell 80+ million units. Nintendo learned this the hard way already with NSMBU, and I have a feeling that Sony and Microsoft in about 6 months will be wondering why their sales have plopped, while the Wii U is selling like crazy.

So you say PS4/XB1 wont sell well with nothing but sequels, yet you expect the Wii U to sell like crazy with nothing but sequels aswell lol? Also, PS4 wont need to sell 80 million to win this gen, sadly.

Around the Network

I was really expecting BF4 to beat out cod ghosts on ps4. Considering BF4 is a more next gen experience.

Hard numbers to believe. If you notch it down about 200k- sounds right.
But who knows. CoD is...cod. I still can't fathom why so many people dig the franchise anymore.

NightDragon83 said:
Looks like Sony fans just got a cold hard splash of reality... like it or not, COD is a system seller. Were you honestly expecting any of the PS4 exclusives to do numbers like that? Killzone was never that big of a shooter series, Knack is a joke, and the rest of the retail launch lineup consists of ports of current-gen games.

Call of Duty selling your system is a cold reality lol? I sure bet Nintendo would love to have CoD's system selling ability.

Salnax said:
I'm so confused. WHY is the PS4 a big hit?

And if somebody talks about "future investments," I'm going to... squirm uncomfortably.

If you want best next gen FPS console graphic this holiday season, you pick up a PS4. Gamers are tired of PS3 and Xbox 360.... they just want to upgrade regardless of limited number of games. 

It just goes to say, how lack luster the PS4 lineup is in 2013. Beside, If I picked up a PS4, I would also be looking forward to play COD. I think many US gamer picked up the PS4 just because of the better COD graphic compared to Xbox One. 

roborad said:
Hard numbers to believe. If you notch it down about 200k- sounds right.
But who knows. CoD is...cod. I still can't fathom why so many people dig the franchise anymore.

Probably because it's fun. Shocking I know. :L